12 Love Is Unbreakable

Battlefield (2023 Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The windchime clanked lousily against the glass door in their temporarily office. The detective permitted Call Me to return, but their office remained under reconstruction. It’d take another two weeks to repair the damages and for the with new furniture to arrive.

Soomin felt she functioned on a timed clock. As time finally slowed, she eased into her thoughts, her life, about her and Mark. For all the time she ran away wasn’t because she wanted to start anew. It was because it offered the best distraction. Restarting wasn’t what her heart desired.

“Huh?” Soomin jumped at the sudden nudge on her stomach.

Youngni’s chin pointed toward the entrance.

“Hello, Bobby. What can we do for you?” Yerin greeted after the moment trapped in silence.

Bobby pressed a smile and bowed nine degrees.

Myunghwa and Youngni backed away and joined Yerin behind the counter. Soomin straightened her back and removed her elbow from the counter.

“I’m deeply sorry about Hyeri.” His head remained down. “It was my fault.”

Soomin walked over urging him to stand straight. “It’s not your fault.”

“Can I speak to you in private?” Bobby raised an eyebrow.

Soomin contemplated for a second knowing she shouldn’t get herself involved in another mess. Though Hyeri confessed she’d sabotaged Call Me and bought her way out of jail, Soomin wasn’t sure Hyeri would stop messing with Call Me if Soomin didn’t stop seeing Bobby. That meant she was going to lose Bobby—a friend that made her life breathable from his wits and affections.

Soomin nodded and they headed outside, down the sidewalk to the intersection under the tree shade.

Bobby gently grabbed her hands. “I dated Hyeri for a while. We broke up a year ago and then shortly after, I met you. We just have a work relationship now. I don’t have any feelings toward her.”

Soomin took out her right hand and placed it on top of Bobby’s. “I believe you.”

Bobby took a breath, “She promised she’ll not bother Call Me or you anymore.”

“H-how did you get her to confess?”

Bobby remained silent then he answered, “I’m going oversea. An opportunity came up. A branch of KB Media in the States was looking for a vocal coach to train international talents before bringing them over.”

Soomin pulled a straight face, hoping that she wasn’t the cause he decided to go oversea.

“Aye, come on! Why are you pulling a long face on me? I worked hard to resolve the problem and magically earned a great opportunity. I came to tell you great news and wanted a warm goodbye. I’m disappointed.”

Soomin burst into tears and pressed her forehead against his shoulder blade. In less than a minute and his shirt soaked in her tears. “I’m. S-sor-ry.”

Bobby wrapped his arms around her and rubbed her back. He allowed her a moment with her emotions.

Once her sobs quieted, he spoke, “My offer still stands. If you’re ready, we can still start.”

Soomin jumped back, hiccupping. Tears coated her eyes, but the stillness in her eyes couldn’t hide the extend his determination affected her.

Bobby grinned and let out a soft chuckle. “I’m kidding. I know there’s no more space for me.” He leaned into her ear and spoke softly as if he was telling her to listen carefully for what he was about to say. “When love is unbreakable, it mea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter