4 Love Flows Like Water

Battlefield (2023 Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Great. Him. Again. Just in time to heighten the irritation gnawing her chest. “Hyung wants to share his food with me,” Younghyun mumbled, his eyes avoiding Youngni’s.  Her eyes mused at the usage of ‘hyung’ and forced herself to carry the tray in her hand over to the seat between Jungkook and Younghyun. Jungkook watched as she set the tray with ramen and deokbukki down. She removed the fork securing the lid and pulled back the paper lid halfway. Aromatic steams sizzled out of the small cup. He suppressed a smile. A simple fried egg on top of the sizzling ramen. Just like his. Youngni put the ramen she’d prepared in front of Younghyun next to Jungkook’s. “Wait for it to cool down.” Then a screech rang in the air when Youngni pushed her chair back a good distance for her to crouch down in front of Younghyun and fumbled with the plastic bag Jungkook didn’t notice was there. Younghyun winced at the roughness her palm came on his knee, but Jungkook keep a smile and continued observing. Thank goodness her back faced him or he wouldn’t have the pleasure to openly gaze. Younghyun’s injury was worse than it appeared. His school pant didn’t tear, but his skin peeled revealing the light pink flesh beneath. Small dots of blood dried around the opened flesh. A cry escaped from Younghyun when Youngni accidentally touched the wound as she adjusted the pant to stay just above the knee. The strong inhale of breath caused Youngni to glance upward. Did she scowl at the poor little boy? “Let me.” Jungkook rushed to rescue the kid. Once he knelt, Youngni stood fast to avoid their proximity and loss her balance tumbling her backward. Jungkook grabbed her flying hand and stood up. His tug sent her flying into his chest. Her forehead banged against his shoulder while her lips pressed against his arm. Heat crawled up her neck spreading like wildfire to her cheeks. Jungkook suppressed a chuckle when he felt her body stilled. After clearing his throat, he asked, “Are you okay?” He laughed to himself, like she was going to answer that question. He would be elated if she ever did. “I’ll cool the noodle.” Youngni willed herself away and took his seat. Jungkook stole a glance at her embarrassed face before crouching in front of Younghyun. He’d give her a moment to collect herself. “Does it hurt?” Jungkook inspected the wound from up close and tugging a gentle smile. Younghyun nodded and peeked over to his sister. “How did you get hurt?” His body still and quickly glanced away from Youngni. Jungkook pretend not to see the awkward tension from the sibling and reached for the alcohol and cotton. “My…my sister walked too fast.” Jungkook ruffled his hair and gave him another smile. “Next time just ask your sister to slow down, hm?” Younghyun nodded. “It’s going to sting a little.” Youngni blew onto the noodles and tried not to roll her eyes. He acted as if Younghyun was a baby. The kid fell thousands of times and injured himself hundreds of times. He was tougher than he looked. “There.” Jungkook placed the large band-aid onto his knee and collected the trash and put it back into the bag. “Enjoy the noodle before it gets cold.” Jungkook settled in her chair when he realized she was comfortable in his. She silently stabbed the rice cakes before disposing it into . He reached for the ramen he offered Younghyun and ate the swollen noodles. He joined the sibling silence. Halfway through his meal, he stole a glance at Youngni and pushed the untouched noodle in his tray toward her. “Have some more.” After a second of consideration, he knew she’d open to decline. So, he beat her to it. “It’ll go to waste.” Youngni picked up the fork and pulled Younghyun’s bowl towards her. She allocated some to his bowl and returned it back to him. Her eyes locked on Jungkook’s for a second before tugging it towards her. She allocated a few forkfuls into his bowl and returned it to him. Then she dug into the remaining. He grinned. Delighted she shared her meal. With him. That was a step, somewhere. He finished his noodle just as his timer went off. “I have to return to work.” That was none of her business. He didn’t need to tell her. He collected the empty bowls into her tray and bid goodbye to Younghyun. “Thank you, Hyung. I will buy you candies next time.” Jungkook smiled and ruffled his hair. “I’ll be waiting.” Lucky her. She just had to glance up and locked eyes with him. Waiting? That was meant for Younghyun, but somehow it felt like he directed it to her. “Be careful on the way home.” He took off with the trash. The pair of siblings looked at his figure disappeared through the entrance. Youngni twisted her head back and caught Younghyun staring at her then back at the entrance. A look as if she had done something forbidden, staring at something that she wasn’t supposed to.   For whether it was because he had his meal, break or because of a certain someone, Namjoon couldn’t decide which had caused the bright smile on Jungkook’s face.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter