10 Love Is Unbreakable

Battlefield (2023 Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why do people not listen? Youngni groaned. Why did she have to be anxious when Soomin didn’t answer her calls, and didn’t complete the check in procedure long after her appointment time? She didn’t even finish telling Mark about the situation. He panicked and left at the mentioned of couldn’t reach Soomin. She hoped he wouldn’t cause any trouble. What a headache.

She circled and returned to the same bushes and trees for thirty minutes. When she thought she could take a short cut to Fantasi, she ended up going around and around. She knew she couldn’t depend on navigation. It failed her when connection disappeared. When a bar of service returned, she saw the missed calls from Soomin and redialed her number.

“Youngni. Youngni please help—”

She jumped at the tap on her shoulder, ready to fight the human or animal. Ready to release her anger. But her anxiousness and frustration dissipated, and butterfly swarmed in her stomach at the way Jungkook’s eyebrows drew together. His lower eye lids tensed. Was that concern for her?

“What are you doing here?” Jungkook asked. Clearly not happy. Well, she wasn’t either so he didn’t have to question her like she was a criminal, again. His face didn’t soften. Then his wet hair strands caught her attention. Was he jogging or searching for something in the alley? Or was he really chasing a criminal?

Youngni snapped out of her thoughts, took a step back, and looked at her phone. Oh no, Soomin. The only bar connection she found disappeared. She sighed, waving the phone in the air one more time. Soomin was panicking, her breaths were short, and she sounded like she was sobbing. Come on connection.

Jungkook grabbed her phone and pulled it out of her hand. Why must she be running around alone in the abandon alley when the culprit who damaged Call Me had not been caught? Especially, what was she doing in the road leading to the people that possibly might have harmed them?

“Give it back,” Youngni reached over. But when he pulled it away and higher, she drew herself back, suddenly very conscious of their closed proximity.

“This place isn’t safe to be here alone. Head back.” He still kept the phone out of her reach.

“Why isn’t this place safe? Were you chasing criminals?”

Jungkook closed his eyes, how could she be joking about the situation at a time like this? Youngni took the chance and pulled down his arm and snatched her phone back. “If it’s too dangerous for you, head back. I have to go find—” if she mentioned about Soomin and Mark wouldn’t that be sharing too much information to him, “I have business to take care of.”

“What business?”  

“Business that’s too dangerous for you,” she joked.

Jungkook bit his bottom lip and lurched forward to snatch her phone again, just in time for it to start vibrating. He checked the caller ID.

“Pick it up, don’t lose it,” Youngni fought for her phone, scared she’d lose the connection. Jungkook held a bent arm to block her from reaching her phone that he p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter