6 Love Is Unbreakable

Battlefield (2023 Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crying exhausted her. Soomin blocked her swollen eyes from the sunrays beaming through the crack of the curtains.

Soomin’s hand patted the opposite side of the bed for her phone. . Emergency Meeting. Missed Calls. Text Notification. Goodness. Damn Henry. No Damn Mark! The veins on her temple throbbed. She threw her phone back to the empty space and stretched her abdomen. The immediate sharp pain reminded her how poorly she had treated her body. The nibbling bites were unbearable. She curled into a ball and rocked herself. Just another second then she would have the strength to face all the troubles.

 Soomin’s get a grip. Breathe.

Hot tears welded and seeped through her tight eyelids. Her hair damped from her sweats and tears. Her kitchen stood miles away. dried and her stomach emptied. Soomin drew a few more deep breaths in then reached for her phone. Henry dared…no Mark dared wrote:

 

Agent? Might as well call yourself escorts. es! This place is full of lies. Fake Reviews! Romantic? False Advertisement. They’re the opposite of what they claim to be. She threw herself at me. They provided less than satisfactory service. I suggest you all stay away from this place.

 

Soomin pinched her nose bridge. Who was he to judge her? He belonged to the wrong. Would she ever escape from the consequences of loving a cheater? She wiped her tears and dragged herself out of bed. Crying was for the old Soomin, not the Soomin she worked so hard for. Crying wasn’t for now. The reviews received thousands of likes and reposted to various sources. Various commentors agreed and voiced their disliking of Call Me. Just how quick could the online community turn their back to something they have no idea it existed until it trended?

 

The blue and red lights flashed in the distance. Soomin rubbed her eyes and waited for her vision to clear. An officer spoke with Seungah and Yerin. Another few took photos and examined around the building. A young man exited the broken entrance and Youngni followed.

Sooming sighed. Call Me was sabotaged. It wasn’t only the matter of handling the online community. It was everything.

 

Youngni scouted her and waved from the distance. Soomin braced herself over.

“Soomin, one of our agents,” Yerin informed Team Leader Lee.

Youngni glanced at Jungkook and when he didn’t pay her any attention she ran to Soomin’s side.

“What did you do to Henry?”

“Nothing.” Her voice was hoarse. Her eyes puffed and red.

“Then why did he say that?” Youngni glanced over at Jungkook and her body still when his gaze met hers.

Soomin drew in a breath and stopped speaking. Youngni didn’t listen. She didn’t even react at the mention of Mark.

“Wait…Mark? Why are you talking about Mark?”

Soomin sighed. “Henry is Mark.”

 

“Mark.” Jungkook called and waved to the figure standing a car length away. The throbbing on Soomin’s head returned. Was this about to get worst? Mark gave Jungkook a half-hearted smile, looked at Youngni then Soomin, and walked over to her.

“How are you feeling? You didn’t look well yesterday. Today too,” Mark said.

“Soomin!” Bobby called in the distance and ran over. “What happened?”

Soomin and Youngni exchanged a heavy glance. There were too many unsolved issues.

“Jungkook take everyone who you haven’t gather their statement to the station. Baekhyun will go with you. I’ll finish up here,” Team Leader Lee instructed his two team members and turned to Yerin and Seungah once again. “Thankfully everyone in Call Me is safe. Leave the scene in the next fifteen minutes. We’ll close the space for further investigation and let you know when it’s deemed safe to return.”

 

Detective Byun slammed his fist on the table when Mark didn’t respond. Mark ended up in the seat because Soomin suspected him.

“Are you okay?” Bobby asked when Soomin flinched and brushed her arm against his.  

“Jungkook take them out except for this punk,” Detective Byun gulped some water keeping his eyes on Mark’s every move.

Mark eye’s followed Jungkook leading them out of the station. Just how close were they? Bobby touched her comfortably. His gaze shifted back when Baekhyun purposely slammed his cup down the table.

“Park Soomin, she’s my ex-girlfriend,” Mark declared. Was he lame for not being able to confess in front of the purser that he was only an ex of Soomin?

Detective Byun sat upright in his chair. Mark had his full attention. What kind of juicy event was this? “That’s it?

“That’s what you asked me. What’s my relationship with them?” Mark grinned, knowing he drove the detective mad. But they couldn’t suspect him only when the one pursuing Soomin could be at fault. Who knew if this Bobby guy had good intention? Mark didn’t like the vibe he illuminated, all caring in front of Soomin, but who knew what his real intention were. And yes, he was being petty as because Bobby made his chance slim. Slimmer than paper. He tore her already and he was afraid she would completely shatter with one more tug. But he had to face reality, he already did shatter her.

“People pursuing her?” Detective Byun looked out the door one more time. Soomin defended Bobby and claimed he was innocent. Bobby was a trusted client of her. But Soomin’s confident in Bobby and doubt in Mark were heaven and earth apart.

Baekhyun ran out the door in time to catch Ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter