6: Wait for me

When the Time is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How many times should she do this to me? Jongho is currently at his dressing room, waiting for the filming to start. He's sitting lifeless with his head leaned at the back of the sofa, looking up and wondering what did he do in his past life to be this unlucky with love. Yes, she's referring to Jihyo whose been ignoring him for days already. She didn't even reply with the last message I sent her. I just wanted to know where she is. He sighed heavily again and closed his eyes.

"That was the tenth time you sighed this day, considering it's still morning." Jongho opened his right eye and took a quick look at his manager beside him before finally sitting properly. "Are you dating someone? You're mood keeps changing recently. One day you're happy, then you're annoyed then now, you look really pitiful." His manager's comment only added to what he's currently feeling. Yeah, I'm really pitiful.

He decided to just review his script. Coincidentally, a somehow similar statement by the female lead was written on the script, We may want each other, but we can't be together. His  having a hard time to focus as Jihyo's last statement started playing on a loop in his mind. "We can't. Oppa, we can't."

"We can't. She doesn't mean that she don't want to but we can't." 

"Who are you talking about?" Jongho did'nt realize that he said his thoughts out loud and his manager heard him. "Are you really dating someone? Who is it?" His manager asked him furiously which he immediately responded to prevent him from overthinking.

"I'm not dating anyone. I'm referring to the script. See?" Jongho desperately show the script to his manager. His banters isn't helping in keeping his focus. By then, the director called the actors to resume the filming.

Throughout the filming, he kept making mistakes. At one point, in the middle of an emotional dialogue with the female lead, instead of stating her character name, he called her Jihyo. It's fortunate that everyone didn't take it seriously and the director just signed to have an another take. He didn't notice how long they're filming but he was too exhausted once it's done. He's torned if whether it was because of the filming or due to being heartbroken. His manager scolded him for being too distracted during resulting for many NGs which is so unusual for him. He just reasoned out that he's really not feeling well that time, which his manager has no choice but to accept and told him to take a rest. His day ended without any news about Jihyo that made him more frustrated. Nothing went well today.

The next morning, he had enough. He found out that his manager apologized to the director and said that he's just not feeling well so the director decided to shoot scenes that won't be needing him so he could rest. Well, I lied for love. Just this once. He thanked his manager through phone call while acting really exhausted with a bonus of coughing. He immediately drove his way towards Jihyo's unit. He knew his taking risk because the moment he got there and waited inside his car since morning, there was no sign of the woman coming out or entering the building. Still, he patiently waited. He's sure he made his intentions clear to Jihyo so right there and then, he wanted to hear directly from her if he will continue or not. 

On the other hand, that morning Jihyo met with old friends and acquiantances. Her first stop is at a restaurant in Seoul yet this area is popular among celebrities and the owner himself is a friend of the one she's meeting with, so it's a no brainer in choosing the location. The people he's meeting that day, along with her needs to ensure confidentiality to keep everything safe for all of them. 

"Jihyo-ssi, long time no see." Jihyo was immediately greeted by the person inside the restaurant. It was just them as a favor they requested as well to the owner.
 

"Lee Jung Jae sunbaenim. Annyeonghaseyo. Thank you for letting me meet you today." she greeted her senior politely with a bow. Then they both take a seat facing each other. The owner then placed their order on their table.

Jihyo didn't wait for long and looked at her senior seriously. "Sunbaenim, remember when you told me that you have something that can help me before? I think I might need it now."

Lee Jung Jae took a sip of the drink in front of him. "That's right. But as your senior, are you sure about this?" Jihyo looked down to gain her courage before speaking up again. "I've had enough." That's all his senior needed to hear before he gave her the help that he offered years ago. As a senior in the industry, he felt like he has a responsibility to protect his juniors.

After a meeting with his senior, Jihyo is currently in a taxi towards her next location when she received a call from one of the people he's supposed to be seeing that day. Jihyo answered the call using her one hand. She knew it's safer to not use her own car.

"Noona. It's me Jaejoong."

"Of course, I know. I didn't delete your number."

"Aww, that's great. By the way, Junsu oriented me already but I'm sorry                                                                                                                                                                              I won't be able to meet you today but I can send you everything through email." 

"It's alright. I'll keep it safe."

"Noona, be careful. I know we won't be able to stop you anymore                                                                                                                                                                               but I hope you know what you're doing."

"Of course. Don't worry about me. Thank you for choosing to help me.

                                                                                                                                                                                          Continue doing well there in Japan, arasso?"

"Deh noona, annyeong. See you soon!"
 

Jihyo dropped the call with a smile, happy to hear from her dongsaeng again. The taxi stopped at a park in front of a building. She found whom she wanted to see, sitting on the swing wearing a cap, covering it's face. Just from it's build, she knew it was him. She walked towards the man and sat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter