19: Aftershocks

When the Time is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eversince Jihyo agreed to date him, Song Jongho has been so contented with his life. For him, Jihyo gave him purpose and that is to be her savior. To keep her safe beside him especially when he witnessed how genuinely afraid and broken she is because of Baek Chang Joo. When it comes to her, he never hesitated to tell everyone that he's willing to give up his career for her. And now, he can't believe that he's about to give up not just his career anymore, but even his own life for her. Yet as he expected, he's more than willing to do it. He truly believes that Jihyo deserves to experience all the good things that the world can offer so he won't let her life end right now. 

He's now trying to reach the airport as fast as he could. He could feel the soles of his feet and his palms sweating hard due to nervousness. He doesn't want to think about it but he's too afraid that what he'll witness once he reached the airport is Jihyo's lifeless body. Please, please, please. Let me be on time. The last time that they met, he knew he hurted her. While on his way, he's starting to pray despite the fact that he really does not believe with divine intervention

I don't really pray but I'm too desperate now so I'm calling all the Gods that people believe. Just let her be safe and I won't leave her again. Please... give me another chance to make it up to her. This time I promise, that we'll fight together. If I'm being too demanding and really shameful right now, I willingly offer my own life in exhange to her safety. 

Jongho didn't know how many Gods he already called out. He finally reached the airport and immediately saw the commotion of people in one area. It was really helpful how her beauty always radiate more than the people around her so he was able to spot her easily. She's wearing a simple black mini dress, somehow fitted partnered by a jacket yet he swears, he fell in love with her again. His relief didn't last long as he noticed a familiar guy in the middle of the crowd of people wanting Jihyo's autograph and picture. He might be following the flow of the crowd yet it's so strange how he didn't ask for either Jihyo's signature and picture despite being in a great position near Jihyo. Then he recognized him. He's not sure at first because the shirt is different but it's surely him. It was the guy from the picture that Chang Joo showed him. 

It was the gunman. 

Jongho didn't dare to stop on his tracks when he recognized the guy. He started running despite the crowd, not minding the people he accidentally bumped with. He has to reach her. His eyes not leaving the gunman and following his every move. Jihyo decided to stop suddenly when a fan fell to guide her. Jongho felt his heart thumped hard when he noticed the guy slipped his hands into his jacket. This time, Jongho gathered all his strength and pushed the fans blocking his path. He felt one of the bodyguard's arm hit his chest hardly but he didn't mind.

When Jihyo was done helping the fan who fell, Jihyo stood up straight and was shocked to see the commotion in front of her. The fans are looking intently at Jongho while the bodyguards is trying their best to stop him. Yet strangely, Jongho isn't looking at her. She followed where his eyes are staring and came eye to eye with a guy. Jihyo noticed the guy pulled something out of his inside pocket and she was glued to where she's standing when she realized what was it.

She opened to try to scream but no voice came out and all she managed to do is close her eyes and braced herself. She heard two gunshots and waited for the bullets to hit her but she felt nothing but arms embracing her. Even with her eyes close, she knew who does this scent belongs to. She knew who owns this kind of embrace that always makes her feel safe and warm.

When she opened her eyes, she saw him looking at her. "I'm glad I made it." Jihyo felt her eyes heated as she realized what just happened. Two guards immediately suppressed the gunman from the crowd while some of the guards calmed the fans who are obviously shakened by the incident. Jihyo was too weak to support Jongho's body but Bomi, Hongda and Hyemin assisted both of them. They are now sitted on the floor while she's holding both Jongho's hands. A guard is trying to stop his bleeding with the help of Hongda and Hyemin who are also adding pressure to Jongho's wounds, while they're waiting for the emergency personnel to come. 

She can't find the right words to say now. All she's hearing from herself is her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter