3: Getaway Car

When the Time is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the haircut moment between Jongho and Jihyo, they have been in constant contact for 3 days now. While all the members of Running Man are at the rest area waiting for the filming to start, Jihyo is once again on her own world. The members decided to remain silent with her sudden change of haircut yet Jihyo knows that it will be raised during the opening later so as of now, she's ignoring them, and busied herself with Jongho. 

"What are you doing?"

"Filming, Running Man"

"Until what time?"

"Probably until 5pm, wae?"

"Well, I'm thinking if I can kidnap you."

"Who would kidnap someone yet inform them beforehand?"
 

"Let's just say that I'm a kind kidnapper?"

Jihyo laughed inside at Jongho's silliness yet before she could reply, they were told that the filming will start now. Jihyo finally gave her phone to her manager and as expected, their opening topic shifted to Jihyo's haircut.

After talking about Haha's newly released song, Yoo Jae Suk shifted her attention to JIhyo. "But I believe the hot topic right now is Jihyo's haircut." Jihyo nodded as after she posted her photos, comments flooded. She also received tons of dms from her local and international fans asking if she's just fine. It turns out that a haircut sparked worries to her fans. She even trended internationally with lots of news articles about her change of hairstyle. 

"That's right, that's right. To clarify, why did you cut your hair?" Seokjin added. In times like this that Jihyo thinks how Seokjin just say whatever he's mind tells him. She hesitated for a bit on what to answer him and Jae suk immediately noticed it.

"What do you mean why? Jihyo always do the unexpected." Jase Suk answered for her while laughing and deep inside, she's thankful for saving her from a potential broadcast mistake. 

"I just wanted some change." Jihyo carefully constructed her reply to prevent her fans from reacting to what she might say once the episode airs. Jae Suk supported her by telling that for people like her, this kind of haircut doesn't really matter. "Ya jinjja, this time you're the most handsome among us." Everyone laughed at Jae Suk's comment and of course, they agreed with it.

Jongkook followed up with his comment that made everyone lauged. "Does that mean you're going to a barber shop now instead?" Jihyo laughed as well but not because of same reason. She laughed upon realizing that Jongho's unit somehow became her barber shop just days ago. The filming was wrapped up peacefully and the members tried to assure Jihyo throughout that the haircut actually suits her as they noticed how she's somehow conscious about it. They thought that there might be a deeper reason for this decision, yet they know her very well to not push her to tell them. 

Sunday immediately comes, the day that Jihyo's short haircut debuts on the television and other platforms nationwide. She's nervous, she can't deny it. She might have known for her easgoing personality, but as years passed, she knows that that personality somehow lessened. These past years, she became more afraid of the public's view of her yet she tried to rebel against it in a pursuit to not lose herself by still wearing what she wants and what makes her comfortable. As it turned out, the public didn't like it as much. They kept on blaming her stylist for letting her wear unfit clothes that doesn't match up her body proportions. It's that moment again, she's afraid that her action would lead for her hairstylist to receive the public hate. She gathered her courage and read the comments from Youtube, Twitter and other platforms she can think of to look for responses. 

Just what she fears the most, she encountered a lot of malicious comments. 

"She looks like an ahjumma now."
"What the hell does her stylist thinking? It's not enough that they let her wear unmatched clothes and this time, they changed her hair?"
"Now, she's also boring to look at"
"The hair doesn't suit her"
"As a fan, this really is an insult to her beauty. Her management should consider firing her stylists."
 

These are just some of the hateful comments she read. Somehow, she felt guilty towards her staff. It's not like they forced her on this, everything was her own decision. Well, life . She lied on her bed despondently and decided to just spend the whole night sleeping when her phone notified her of a text message.

"I know you're sulking. Come down" Just like a good news, Jihyo immediately smiled upon reading the message. With that, she excitedly wear a jacket, got her facemask and a cap and hurriedly run towards the elevator. Upon reaching the groundfloor, her stride gets longer to reach him quickly. She saw him waving at her at the same location the first time he visited her. She waved back and run towards him that she failed to notice a big rock just few steps from him. She tripped due to the rock and was about to fall down when he felt his arms around her. "Careful Jihyo" he said while laughing yet with a hint of concern. 

"Komawo, why are you here by the way?" Jihyo asked him as she moved away from his arms. 

"Well, I know you're reading comments so I was afraid that you're going to get drunk again and cut your hair shorter." Jihyo smiled at him slightly. If she was another type of girl, she might have been melted by that comment but she's not the type to read between the lines. "Oh, someone's concern but yeah I may have sulking but don't worr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter