4: Denial

When the Time is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo ignored her parents and siblings just to immediately reach her room and close the door. "I'm fine eomma, just needed to review my script". She lied just tonight to prevent them from disturbing her. I can't believe I said that. It's too late to regret now that she doesn't know how she'll explain herself. Yet she doesn't want him to also misunderstood her. Well, he also said that he missed me, right? and I thought that was also nothing.

"Oppa, about what I said. It's true that I miss you. I mean, you also said that you missed me, right? So I just felt like I had to return it to you. I'm sorry if I run away. Take care!"

Jihyo sent the text and immediately turned off her phone, not wanting to see his reply. Still a bit overwhelmed by herself, she didn't notice her eyes slowly drifting to sleep. 

When Jongho received her message, he knew he was hurt by how defensive she was. Her long message shows how much she wanted him to not misunderstood what she just said. Jongho closed his eyes to calm down and wanting to let go of his annoyance, he drove into a private club to drink with a long time friend. 

"Hyung, here!" 

Jongho sat down in front of Lee Dongwook and grabbed the drink he offered, gulping it down rapidly. He felt his throat burning as it reacted with the alcohol he aggresively gulped down. Dongwook just observed him and offered him another drink which he accepted to drink again. He put down the shot glass with a bit of a force, manifesting the annoyance he's currently feeling.

"What's wrong?" Dongwook knew that something is bothering him the moment he asked him to drink.

"Until now, I felt like she's still too far to reach." Jongho finally opened up. 

"So it's Jihyo again huh." Jongho looked at him, surprised with what he just heard. 

"So I'm right?Come on, I may be dense but not all the time. Especially how much you talk about her before." Dongwook confirmed from his expression that he hit the right spot. "I knew it since two years ago. You always enthusiastically tell stories about her whenever we drink together. On how she was during your filming, on how she takes care of everyone blah blah. You have nothing but praises for her. Those days, I can see so much admiration from you. But you never asked her to date you so I thought it was just a mere crush." Dongwook smiled at him with pity upon realizing that after two years, he still feels the same way about their common friend. 

Jongho smirked with Dongwook's confirmation. Yeah, Am I at this unrequited love for two years now?

"I'm actually surprised how you manage everything for two years. She was linked with Kim Jong Kook hyung a lot of times, even until now. I really thought that you decided to give up on her when Jihyo told me that you haven't been in contact for almost two years." Dongwook added. 

Jongho sighed and looked up. "I also thought I'm done with her. But everything returned when she called me, "accidentally". Huh. And now she told me that she missed me but again, for her it was just nothing." he poured a drink into his glass and drink it. Jongho bitterly confessed what just happend to Dongwook. He never thought how much feelings for her remained until they were in contact again. In fact, it wasn't gone. It was just hidden temporarily and now it's looking for ways to finally release itself. He thought it's finally the right time. He thought he finally had his chance.

"When it comes to Jihyo, it's safer to not assume things despite how she's acting. Jihyo built her walls since years ago, and now, it's just stronger than ever. It won't be easy for anyone to break it."

"It's Jihyo we're talking about. She might appear that strong and independent woman, but we both know how fragile she is. She easily gets hurt but for her, losing those walls she protected for the past years could also mean losing herself." Dongwook reminded Jongho. "She may be an angel, but she's a challenge. It's up to you how much you're willing to do for her to open up without breaking her own walls."      

Jongho pondered on what Dongwook said and sighed. "I don't want to break it. I just want to be someone in her life that she's willing to open her walls with." He didn't know if it was the alcohol talking, but he's sober. That's it, Jongho wants Jihyo to welcome him in her life. He never had the intention to break her walls for him. He doesn't want Jihyo to break something in herself that she worked hard to put up for the past years.

Jihyo has been on edge for the past days and although she doesn't want to admit it, her mood is not on its best because Jongho has not contacted her yet. She hates herself for waiting any message from him yet she also does not has the courage to ask him what he's been up to. Maybe he's just busy. She's currently with the running man members in their rest area as they were given an hour to rest before resuming their filming. Since Jihyo has been distracted the morning they started filming and now she's quiet while mindlessly tapping her phone, the members can't help but observe her. 

Jihyo's phone lit up which she checked abruptly. "Jihyoyah, eat some more." Jihyo's mood drained more when she read who texted her. It was Haha then he heard him laughing with Sechan. Her phone lit up again, hoping that it's whom she's expecting, checked her phone again but this time it was from Sechan. "Your hair looks cool." And she heard him again laughing with Haha. Jihyo picked up the pillow on her lap and throw it on Sechan and Haha whose been laughing at her reaction in front of her.   

Jaesuk who is watching

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter