5: An Old Friend

When the Time is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't do this please. Those pictures don't mean anything." Jihyo anxiously explained it to the person beside her. The moment she locked her eyes on him, all she can feel is fear. She then looked at the unconscious one being held by two people. He wasn't hurt but the fact that they are holding him like a hostage show how much influence the person behind her situation has. She's mad but she also know how powerless she is against him. 

"Let go of him. I'm begging you. Nothing is going on between us." She desperately want the person beside her to believe her. 

"I'll let him go, of course. I'm not that cruel as you think I am." She felt herself shivered from hearing his voice. "I just threatened him a bit to stay away from you." 

The whole situation happened after a picture of her sitting on Gary's lap and arms around him was released in SNS, although it was a picture of the whole cast and staff of Running Man. Upon seeing the picture, the man thought that the two is dating each other, so he crafted a plan and asked his gang to kidnap Kang Gary and make Jihyo realized that she's his. The man started walking its way in front of Jihyo and raised it's right hand to touch her face. He traced his fingers around her small face.

"I let you go because I wanted to protect your career and this is how you'll pay me? I was really mad Jihyo" The guy softly talked to her. She wasn't able to do anything but just follow his hand as it touches her face. She doesn't realize that she's already crying out of fear when the man wiped her tears using his own fingers. "Don't cry. I hate seeing you cry. This beautiful face should only smile." 

With shaking voice, Jihyo mustered her courage to ask him once again to finally let go of Kang Gary. The man obeyed her and ask his people to wake up Kang Gary. When Gary woke up, he felt so weak that although he wanted to drag Jihyo out of there, he can't move out from the people grasping him. The last thing he saw before he was totally dragged out of the warehouse they're in was Jihyo's eyes looking at him relieved that they will finally bring him home but at the same time, he saw how she's silently hoping for someone to help her.

Jihyo woke up from her dream and noticed her pillow wet after crying all night. She folded herself, closed her eyes and hugged the stuff toy beside her as if looking for comfort after dreaming of the memory she's been trying to bury. After leaving Jongho at his unit, she went home at her separate unit instead of where her family stays because she wanted to stay alone for awhile. Right, Eomma! 

She got up immediately as she remembered that she failed to inform her family that she'll be staying at her own unit. Just as she predicted, she got a total of 17 missed calls and 25 unread texts. Her mother called her 10 times while 5 from her brother, Seong Moon and bombarded her with texts asking her whereabouts. She redialled her mom to appease her and apologize but realize how her voice can make her mom notice that something is wrong, so she decided to just text her. Eomma, I'm sorry I didn't inform you but I stayed here in my unit last night. I failed to contact you 'cause I went out with a colleague. I'm safe, don't worry. I love you! She then sent a picture of her feet because her eyes are too puffy for a selfie, as a proof of life. Her mom replied with nagging but then told her to be safe. 

She then noticed a two missed calls from Jongho and an unread text messages.

Jihyo let's talk. I'm sorry if I'm too forward.
Where are you? Jihyo, I'm worried.
Answer my calls, Jihyo.
I bumped with your brother at your building and told me you didn't went home last night. 
Atleast tell me you're safe. Please      

She felt guilty but she's not ready to talk to him. Not yet so she decided to settle with sending him a reply that she's safe. Just a second later, she received his reply but decided to left it unread. I just want to be alone for a while. She laid down again with her arms spread on her bed. She remembered Jongho's confession and she will be lying to herself if she won't admit that her heart fluttered. She may not be sure but something in her tells her that she likes him too but there's something stopping her. What happened before shouldn't happen again. 

It was already afternoon and for the past hours, she remained fidgety. She busied herself by cleaning her unit and ensure that she'll see no dusts in every corner. She rearranged the tools and utensils in her kitchen drawers and even cooking her own food, but she's still feeling how heavy her heart is. She can't count anymore how many times she sighed the moment she woke up. She looked at her contacts to see anyone that she can ask out to drink but there's no one that she actually felt of being with at the moment. No one knows about the memories she dre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter