18: Their Own Battles

When the Time is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Jihyo found out that after the fight between Jongho and Chang Joo, Chang Joo managed to get his position back as the CEO of Cjes so she's now on her way to meet him in his office. Her staff discouraged her but she felt numb already. She decided to try doing something that might possibly end her struggles instead of just letting Chang Joo control her for the rest of her life.

She's now walking at the lobby of the company she once treated as a home. Staff greeted her yet surely questioning her presence in their agency. She politely greeted the people she's familiar with. She's getting nostalgic remembering her early years in this agency, building her friendship with JYJ and sparked her relationship with Chang Joo. Yet it's also the place where she doesn't want to be involved with anymore. Her thoughts was stopped when the staff in the desk area told her that she needed an appointment schedule to meet the CEO.

"Tell him it's Song Jihyo." The woman immediately obeyed and tell the CEO and surprised with the sudden change of instruction. 

"Song Jihyo-ssi, you can now meet him. We can send someone to accompany you towards his office." 

"No need. I know where he is." Jihyo smiled and thanked the staff before finding her way towards Chang Joo's office. She felt proud that this time, she's not shaking. It's like she finally found her way out of his grasp. Truth be told, seeing Jongho beat Chang Joo made her happy and gave her the courage that she needs. The fact that the person she loves managed to beat up the person she fears the most is making her really glad. It's funny how Jongho broke up with her reasoning out that he won't be able to protect her yet he's the one who unconsciously took away the fear she has for Chang Joo.

Jongho's courage managed to washed away the fear instilled into her by Chang Joo. 

She opened the door without any hesitations and saw him on his swivel chair smiling as he looks at her. 

"Are you finally deciding to get back into my arms?" Jihyo sat down in front of him.

"If that's what you expect to happen after baiting Jongho oppa to beat you, made the public hate him and symphatize with you, revealing our relationship and made us break up, well I'm not giving you that."

Chang Joo was shocked with the attitude Jihyo is giving him. This is not the Jihyo that he last saw. The last time they met, he can clearly see that Jihyo is just trying to act brave in front of him but it's different now. 

"Aren't you afraid of what I can do?" Chang Joo directly ask her wanting to confirm if he can still control Jihyo by instilling fear into her.

"I still am. Believe me, I'm still afraid of you. You abused me enough to the point that all I can feel is fear whenever I look at you. But after being with Jongho oppa, my fear lessened. I'm still afraid of you but not to the point anymore that I will voluntarily put myself around your arms."

Chang Joo felt a sting from what he heard from Jihyo. She really loves him. 

"Oppa... do you know why I fell in love with you?" Chang Joo was taken aback with Jihyo's question yet he remained emotionless as possible.

"Because you were so gentle towards me. The rest of the artists fear you for being strict and serious but when it comes to me, your expression always changes. You always treated me with care like I'm some kind of a fragile item." 

"When you wanted to get back with me, you're not the same anymore. Your eyes became hollow. I failed to see the Chang Joo that I loved when we first met and I started fearing you. But despite all the verbal, mental, physical abuse... I stayed, right?" Chang Joo's eyes wavered from what he's hearing from Jihyo. 

"At first, I thought I stayed because I was too afraid of you hurting me but I just recently realized that that's not the case. Everytime that you will say something that would hurt me, you will regret what you say and apologize to me. When you hurted me physically for how many times, you will begged me to forgive you. Promising me that it won't happen again. I can see that you were always troubled so I thought the Chang Joo I loved is still inside you. I think I stayed because I was somehow hoping that you'll get back." Jihyo continued without breaking her eye contact with Chang Joo. She's observing him. 

"But...but after what you did to me that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter