20: The Last Fight

When the Time is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Jihyo is known for being an independent one. She's a representation of women empowerment. But she also has her fair share of lovelife. Despite how much she wanted her lovelife to remain private, seems like being a celebrity already means that she has to share even a bit of the truth to the public. Worst, her lovelife was a tragic one. It might be an exagerration, but the whole world was able to know how the person that she loved before decided that he wanted her dead while the person that she currently loves that time sacrificed himself for her without any hesitations. 

She looked down at the tomb in front of her. It took her a year to be able to finally has the courage to visit him. She can't believe how she managed to handle everything just a year ago. 

1 year ago...

Song Jihyo is just silently watching Song Jongho who has been unconscious for two weeks now. According to the doctor, he lost a lot of blood that some of his organs started to weaken. For the past two weeks, a lot of things happened. She was well aware how her fans showed support to the both of them online. Although she wanted to thanked them or even just upload an update of what she's currently up to, she just can't find any reason to do so. She wanted to share a good news to her fans. She thought that the moment she'll share something online again, is the day that Jongho finally wakes up. 

A lot of their colleagues already visited them. Her running man family, the casts of Was It Love? who were all shock to know that the two of them really dated. She was also able to met Jongho's family. Jihyo apologized to them for how many times but Jongho's mother assured her that they're not blaming her and both of them are just victims. They were just glad that Jongho managed to meet such a strong and amazing woman through her. Of course, her own family. She felt guilty how she kept her family in the dark, especially her mother. She saw how hurt she was upon learning what she experienced under Baek Chang Joo.

About him, he's still in trial but it was progressing really quick as they are pressured by the public. The case became a national topic as everyone in the nation,even international fans wanted to see Baek Chang Joo received a long sentence in prison, especially after she revealed a really serious crime about Chang Joo. 

Bomi started talking to Jihyo and gently tell her a bad news. Baek Chang Joo was unexpectedly beeing cooperative and admitted that he was the mastermind of the incident. Due to him admitting his crime, the police release a statement that Chang Joo will probably be detained for three years. The public find it really absurd due to the fact that he was already imprisoned for three years before yet once he got out, he immediately bothered Jihyo again and conducted another crime.

The fans expressed their serious disappointment with the issue and showed particular concern to Song Jihyo's safety. When Jihyo learned about this, she also believes that Chang Joo should rot in jail and wanted to see him be imprisoned for as long as possible. She just felt like after everything she went through and the people around her because of him, 3 years is not enough. So she decided  to finally reveal the memory that she never told anyone even Jongho. She decided to keep it to herself until today as she was afraid of how the public will view her but what she fears the most already happened, seeing the person she loves getting hurt so she has nothing to be afraid now.  

Aside from the footage of Baek Chang Joo physically hurting her, that Lee Jung Jae gave her again upon learning that Jongho was shot and a voice record of Jongho's conversation with Chang Joo that Jongho managed to record and send to Lee Dong Wook, she submitted another voice recording. It was a record of how Baek Chang Joo ually abused her. Yes, there was a time that Chang Joo her. She doesn't know what to do that time but still she tried to gather her remaining strength despite her fear to reach her cellphone and record how Chang Joo forced himself to her. The recording was really disturbing that the police decided to not release it to the media. 

When Bomi, Hongda and Hyemin learned about it, all they can do was hugged Jihyo as they cry for her. They were already working together that time yet they have no idea that it's been happening to her. Chang Joo did everything to her. He abused Jihyo mentally by continuously threatening her, verbally by telling her hurtful and insulting words, physically and now ually.

When the media released an article about Jihyo being ually abused by Baek Chang Joo years ago, the public just became more outrage. At the same time, even non-fans showed admiration towards Song Jihyo on how she remained strong and kindhearted despite everything she went through because of Baek Chang Joo. Moreover, this sparked bravery from other victims. Other women who allegedly ually harassed by Baek Chang Joo especially when he was still the CEO of Cjes started coming out.They're sending to the officers their own statement and evidence of how Chang Joo tried to force them in having .

When Junsu, Jaejoong and Yoochun learned about Chang Joo's ual abuse to Jihyo, they all personally testified against Baek Chang Joo instead of their initial plan to just wrote their own statement. Jihyo can't help but be overwhelmed by the amount of support their getting especially from Yoochun. It wasn't easy for him to be in the public's eye again yet he did it for her. He testified about Chang Joo's involvement with drugs and the people who allegedly working with him.

Aside from that, Jongho's sacrifice resulted for the people he tried to convince before to testify against Baek Chang Joo but chose to ignore him, now changed their minds. They all testified how Baek Chang Joo tricked them. Artists who worked under Chang Joo before showed statement of accounts that highlighted how he didn't follow the contract regarding their earnings and just paid them less than half of what's stated in the contract.

After years of their silence due to fear beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter