17: Earthquake

When the Time is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You came to see me sooner than I expected." 

"It's not nice meeting you."

Baek Chang Joo laughed at Song Jongho's response. He waited for the waiter to placed the food he ordered for both of them before starting to talk again.

"I finally meet the one who managed to win Jihyo." Jongho's brows furrowed from what he heard from him. 

"Why are you doing this to her?" Chang Joo's eyes became serious for a moment but then get back to his usual demonic aura. 

"Because I want her to myself only."

"She's not your property."

"She maybe not, but I can make her be one." Jongho clenched his fist but tried to remain calm and focused on his goal.

"I already break up with her. What else do you want?" 

"That's actually a good move for you. I was just about to start ruining your career but I found out that you also discouraged Jihyo from fighting against me. I didn't expect that. I applaud you."

"I left her not for my career. You said that you'll stop bothering her once I leave her."

"That's partially true. Now that no guy is lingering around her, I will only disturb her at least twice a month? Or at days that I want her in bed with me?" 

It was too late already before Chang Joo tried to shield himself. Jongho's fist meet his jaw causing him to fall down from his chair. Jongho went on top of him and continuously punched him. Chang Joo managed to grab Jongho's mask and cap away from him, exposing his face to people present in the restaurant. Some tried to stop them but of course, some opened their phone and took a video of Jongho beating Chang Joo. 

"Don't you dare touch her." Those were Jongho's last words towards him before finally allowing the people around them to pull him away from Chang Joo and immediately left the restaurant not minding the people's eyes. He went into his car and saved the recorded conversation between him and Chang Joo.

As expected, news articles were immediately published about Jongho's sudden outburst against Chang Joo. The news escalated due to the fact that it was Baek Chang Joo. The person who just got out from prison and known to be an important person in the industry before. The video taken was obviously one sided aside from the fact that Chang Joo really wasn't able to defend himself or it seems like he baited Jongho. Chang Joo knows how he will react once he mentioned something absurd about Jihyo and as he predicted, Jongho took the bait. 

A lot of comments from the netizens are hate towards Jongho especially the video clearly shows how he one-sidedly beat up Chang Joo. Yet there are also some who tried to analyzed the video deeper and connected it with the fact that Chang Joo has his crime records. They thought that maybe Chang Joo did something that made Jongho mad yet there are comments suggesting that violence should never be tolerated. 

Chang Joo didn't file any case against Jongho as according to him, they're just starting. Besides, he has other plans.

"What do you think you're doing?" His manager is now at his unit scolding him from what he just did. Their agency's CEO warned him that if he didn't take control of Jongho, they will change his manager. Despite his rage, Jongho isn't answering. "You've been like this for the past days. You're lifeless during filming that the director is already getting annoyed of your acting."

"I broke up with her. Is this enough to shut you up?" His manager remained quiet as he knew how much Jongho treasured his relationship with Jihyo. 

"Chang Joo said something insulting about her that I lost my patience!" His manager was taken aback by Jongho's sudden raise of voice.

"Why can't he just let the two of us? Why do I have to be  the one to give her up when in fact between the two of us, I was the one who cared for Jihyo. I was the one who wanted her safe and all he ever did is hurt her emotionally and physically. So why should I lose against him?" Jongho finally broke down. After days of trying to justify his decision of leaving Jihyo, he's now losing it. He misses her. He wanted her but he hates how he can't just easily choose her. 

"I don't care if I lose my career along the way. Jihyo can only be safe when he's gone so I'm not letting him win. Jihyo and I will just be happy once he'll finally rot inside the jail. I'll make sure that will happen so I'm sorry if I just found myself seeing him as a punching bag. Well, him. He deserves it!" 

The hate towards Jongho continues as the video was spread throughout the online community. It was then followed by another news that Jongho didn't expect.

Song Jihyo and Song Jongho are rumored to be dating. The news showed pictures of him and Jihyo entering his car. There were also pictures of them walking hand-in-hand in the parking lot as they enter the private elevator towards his unit. He's glad he decided to go online early that day and be able

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter