1: Confusion

When the Time is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Please read the foreword first. To those who saw the first version, I edited this chapter and made it longer.

"Jihyo? Hey... what's wrong?" Jong Ho carefully asked Jihyo, afraid that he might be stepping towards her personal line. Yet his worries immediately transformed into confusion when he heard nothing from the other line but soft and constant breathing. Oh, she's asleep already, I guess.

"Did I just receive a drunk call?" He laughed at the thought. Despite his confusion, he ended the call for Jihyo's privacy and decided to just ignore what just happened. Aside from the fact that he's really tired from the late night shootings for his current drama. 
 

Jihyo was woken up by sunrays coming from the outside through her window. Who opened the curtains? Just by the voice from someone's nagging, she knows it's time to wake up. 

"Seung Im, what have you done? Did you just cut your hair?" 

Her parents just get back from Pohang to visit her grandparents. Her mother immediately checked Jihyo's room upon entering their unit, and was surprised to be welcomed by her messy room and pieces of hair everywhere that were scattered due to wind. 

With hoarse voice, Jihyo responded half asleep. "Hmm, Eomma. When did you get back?" 

"Wake up immediately and clean your room. Did you just broke up? Since when did you have a boyfriend? What do you think --?" Jihyo failed to process everything that her mother is saying. She's not even a bit worried about their reaction regarding her hair since for them, her unexpected actions are nothing new. They witness a lot worse from her than this.

"Arasso, eomma, I'll clean here. And just to tell you, I cut my hair because I want to. And I.don't.have.a.boyfriend " Emphasizing her last statement, she got up while holding her head, probably due to hangover. She thought her mom finally left her alone because of the sudden silence yet when she looked back, her mom is deeply staring at her, trying to read what is actually happening. She's overthinking again.

She was about to assure her mom that her cutting her hair doesn't mean anything when she heard vibrations coming from her phone. She picked up her phone from her bed and shocked was clearly written on her face upon reading the text message. With open eyes and her usual mong face in displayed, she immediately looked for her cap and mask and rummaged her drawer to find a new sweater. 

"Wae?" Her mom curious of her sudden panic. 

"Eomma, can you please clean my room for me just today? I'll make it up to you later. Annyeong!" Jihyo kissed and hugged her mom, finally leaving her dumbfounded and her mother knew she left already the moment she heard their unit's door clicked.


Why is he here? Jihyo keeps on pondering for any reasons for Jong Ho to visit her and worst, she just cut her hair. She managed to take a peek of herself earlier from the mirror and she immediately noticed how badly her hair was trimmed. 

She doesn't know how will she interact with him since she last saw him during the afterparty of Was It Love's success. Since then, they never contacted each other. Imagine her shock the moment she read his text message.

"Jihyo I'm currently in front of your building. I actually asked Dongwook for your address. I'm sorry for the sudden visit but do you mind coming down for a while?" 

Jong Ho just realized what he had done after sending the text message. Well, there's no turning back. He closed his eyes due to shame and remembered what happened for him to decide to visit Jihyo.

After receiving the drunk call from Jihyo, he wasn't able to fall asleep the whole night. He was eaten by curiosity of why she would call her. He doesn't want to deeply think about it because obviously, Jihyo was drunk and she might have called him by pure mistake. Yet, it worries him the moment he heard her crying. He knows her, they already work together twice and Jihyo isn't someone who easily wavers. She's strong and independent. The last thing she wanted to happen is to include other people with her own problems or struggles. Without noticing the time, he fell asleep around 5am and just realized how short his sleep was when he woke up with a bit of headache around 8am. 

He reheated a meal left by her mother for him to eat as breakfast, brewed some coffee and took a pill for his headache afterwards. He has his day off today and knowing nothing to do, he opened the television, placed his food on the table and sat on his sofa. It was then that he remembered Jihyo's call when he accidentally watched the broadcast of Running Man.

Not real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter