2: Recovered Closeness

When the Time is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is insane. This is really insane" for the nth time, this is all what Jihyo can mutter. Jongho has been laughing at her reactions since he said that they'll be doing it inside his unit. They are now in his unit and Jihyo is sitting restlessly at his sofa.

"What do you mean insane? This is our best option now if you want to delay news articles about your haircut" Jongho replied while preparing the tools he'll be needing for the haircut. He walked inside his own dressing room and arranged the area where Jihyo would be sitting.

On the other hand, Jihyo who somehow already accepted the idea is looking around Jongho's unit. This is big considering he's living alone. She saw a childhood photo of Jongho on his refrigerator and silently laughed at it as he's only wearing an underwear while crying. Her eyes roamed around and was just stopped when Jongho called her from one of the rooms. "Jihyo-yah, come here. It's ready." Jihyo followed the voice and upon entering, she knew she's in his mini walk-in closet. 

Jongho walked towards her and placed her right hand on her back to guide her. "Sit here" Jihyo followed him despite her hesitations and Jongho placed a cloth in front of her and tied it behind her neck. Jihyo shivered with the sudden contact of his hands on her nape. It wasn't the first time that they had their skinship. In fact during the shooting of Was it Love, among her male co-actors, she had the most skinship with Jongho offcam because she's most comfortable with him, considering the fact they already worked together before. And she's not that dense to feel that Jongho feels the same way that's why they easily became friends. But it's different situation now that it's only the two of them. She feels nervous and she doesn't know why. 

Turns out Jongho feels the same way. It was the first time they were left alone together but he has to remind himself that he needs to act naturally since he's the reason of the current situation they're both in. He's been trying to act normal but his hands is failing him. Jihyo noticed that he's shaking the moment he took the scissors and comb from the table in front of her. "Do you really know how to do this?" Jihyo opened a conversation to relieve the obvious tensed atmosphere between them. 

"Of course. I've been doing this since college. I cut my roommates' hair for them." 

Jihyo smiled mockingly with his reply. "Well, your shaking hands ain't proving it. Besides, shouldn't you wet my hair first?" Jihyo looked at him directly through the mirror. Jongho caught her eyes and immediately looked away. With that eye contact, his left hand suddenly let go of the comb. Jihyo on the other hand laughed at his clumsiness.

"Sunbae, relax. I'm actually glad you're doing it" Jongho got up from picking up the comb and saw Jihyo following him through her eyes with smile genuinely plastered on her face. He doesn't know what happened but he knew that a burden was finally lifted away from him. He never noticed how tense he was until Jihyo calmed him down. In fact, he might have been guilty from offering this help that Jihyo might not need him to do. He thought that maybe just out of respect to him that she forced herself to agree. Yet wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter