7: Watching You

When the Time is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Jihyo knew that one day, she needs to face him. She just didn't expect that it would be today. Jihyo sighed as she reassured herself that it will work out well. It's time to cut the last thread of connection she has with him. It's time to face the fear that the man left in her. 

"After 3 years, you finally visited me. Are you living well without my presence?" Jihyo automatically clenched her hands into fist upon hearing his voice. 

"Baek Chang Joo" Jihyo called him with full of hatred. The guy smiled widely upon hearing his name from Jihyo. "Woah. That sounds like music in my ears." Jihyo didn't say anything and just looked at him disgustedly. She never thought he would turn like this. Baek Chang Joo was the first man she loved the first time she got her fame back after joining Running Man. The guy is just starting then with the boyband group, JYJ when she was offered to join his company after her contract with Namoo Actors ended. 

Jihyo was amazed how personally the CEO talked to her and continuously convinced her to join his company. She was really planning to join another management agency but something from the man made her signed a contract with him. The company is just starting so there's always a gathering of its artists considering there are only few. During those gatherings, the two always stayed together as Jihyo doesn't normally interact with people she barely knows and Chang Joo being the CEO, remained professional with his artists. Their small talks resulted for Jihyo to be comfortable with him. Chang Joo on the other hand, despite his serious aura became so fond of her. He gave numerous projects to Jihyo, genuinely wanting her career to expand. Since then, Jihyo always stay at his office to read her script, talk about how Chang Joo manages his business until their small talks and interactions became deeper. The two fell inlove. 

It was great at first. Jihyo knew she's happy but Chang Joo became pressured how the public hated him because of Monday Couple. So he worked harder to be more successful in the industry for the public to realize that he deserves Jihyo until the pressure consumed him. Chang Joo in pursuit of achievements for Jihyo, broke up with her. His love for Jihyo was so pure in the beginning. He wanted to be someone important first in the industry before pursuing Jihyo again and because he loves her, he let her go so the public wouldn't hate her as well. Nevertheless, the company starts leaving its own name with numerous artists signing deals with them. When he realized that he's finally ready to be with Jihyo again, he found out that Jihyo has been trying to see other guys.

Jihyo started accepting blind dates as resulted from how much she's mad at Chang Joo for deciding alone for their relationship. Besides, her mom has been bugging her to date and get married and her relationship with Chang Joo just escalated it. Until one day, all the guys that her mom told her to meet backed out and some even stood up her. That made her happy of course, not until the situation with Gary came. 

When a picture of her being intimate with Gary spread through the media, Chang Joo became so furious. He was mad that after trying to build his name for Jihyo's sake, the girl didn't want him anymore. He thought that the two are already dating and not wanting Jihyo to be with other men, he kidnapped Gary and sent Jihyo a picture of Gary unconscious. Jihyo felt nothing but hatred that time, thinking how absurd Chang Joo became. Yet she didn't hesitated to go where Gary is thinking that she can still control Chang Joo but she's wrong. She found out what  the guy did to her supposed blind dates. He threatened them and even beaten those that decided to not follow his warning. She felt nothing but fear towards him that moment but still managed to convince him to let Gary go before he does something that might hurt him. 

Since then, a lot changed. The guy resorted to threatening whenever Jihyo shows even a minimal disapproval from his decisions. It was just the tip of the iceberg. While cleaning her own unit, she saw a wire inside her lamp and realized it was a camera. Jihyo found out that hidden cameras were installed in her own unit so the guy could monitor if she's meeting another man. The man became obsessed about her. He will always say how pretty she is with lust clearly written in his eyes. Followed by the news that Gary is leaving Running Man and turns out, he has something to do with it tho Gary assured her that she's not at fault because he's planning to start a family and to protect them from him as well, Monday Couple needs to end. 

Jihyo had enough so she personally leaked the information about her leaving the company the moment her contract ends next month with an additional white lie that the agency already approved it. With Jihyo's popularity, the news immediately took over the SNS. The agency lost control of how it spread quickly and to not appear desperate by releasing an opposite news, they had no choice but to admit to the article. That didn't went well to Chang Joo. He summoned Jihyo and with how mad he was, hurted her physically. Lee Jung Jae managed to be outside Chang Joo's office for a scheduled meeting with him when he heard a thud inside and immediately open the door, thinking that the CEO fain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter