14: The Truth

When the Time is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: It's a continuation again so better read the previous chapter first<3

"Jihyo, did he hurt you physically?" Jihyo remained silent and pulled away from Jongho as she went inside her room and get back with her laptop and some documents. Jihyo opened her laptop and showed Jongho a footage. It was a video of Chang Joo physically hurting her inside a room.

Turns out, what Lee Jung Jae witnessed in Chang Joo's office isn't the first time that he saw him hurting Jihyo. The first time that it happened was when they were shooting New World and Chang Joo visited Jihyo in the room where the artists rest. When the crew said that Chang Joo asked them to leave the room and left him and Jihyo, he was worried as he heard rumors inside the company how Chang Joo treats Jihyo like his own property so he remained waiting outside. When he realized that he's taking way too long inside, he decided to enter and act like the director is already looking for Jihyo. He saw Jihyo holding her face that he concluded that something might have happened. When Chang Joo left, he confronted Jihyo which she denied. But Lee Jung Jae has been in the industry long enough to be able to assess the situation. He immediately asked the owner of the building to give him the CCTV footage in the room where they stayed. He once offered this evidence for Jihyo to use but she's already way too afraid of Chang Joo and declined Lee Jung Jae's offer.

"When I asked you to wait for me, I actually visited Lee Jung Jae sunbaenim and asked for this specific footage. I collected pieces of evidence that I might use against him once he got out of the prison and decided to go between us." Jongho wasn't able to finish the video and closed the laptop as he felt his heart tightened with the fact that Jihyo experienced those. "How 'bout these documents, what are these?" Jongho followed up to distract himself from the video he just watched.

When Chang Joo was involved in scamming aspiring artists through his gang, Junsu, Yoochun and  Jaejoong secretly looked into his own documents in his office. Chang Joo trusts the three of them as he built the company specifically for them so he never doubted them. The three of them found out that Chang Joo has been paying them just a little portion of what they really earns.  He's been doing this to all of his artists but never to her. They also found documents that Chang Joo has secret bank accounts where most of the company's fortune went into but in fact, it was his own bank accounts. They kept everything just in case Chang Joo decided to go against them. Yet what surprised Jongho more is the evidence from Park Yoochun. 

"Chang Joo was the one who introduced drugs with Yoochun. Yet like me, Yoochun felt afraid to involve him when he was being investigated. He knew that it was a losing fight from the very beginning" Yoochun sent evidence with all his transactions with Chang Joo as he ordered drugs from him. 

"You've been collecting all of these?" Jihyo responded with a nod. "I...I wanted to give a fight this time because I wanted to be with you. But turns out I'm still too weak to fight him." Jongho lifted Jihyo's chin and smiled proudly at her. "I'm proud of you. You don't have to do this alone anymore." Jongho felt thankful knowing that Jihyo wanted to be with him that if ever Chang Joo comes back and ruined both of them, she's willing to fight this time. Jihyo hugged him again as if continuously looking for comfort from him. "I'm scared. I'm sorry for involving you in this." 

"Jihyo, we'll fight together starting now. If you ever get scared in the middle, tell me. I'm more than willing to fight for you." Jihyo felt a sense of security from him. For a moment, she knew she's safe with him being around her. She finally told him what's been bothering her yet she still left one important fact to herself. Not yet. 

Song Jongho met up with Kim Min Sung. He is one of the well-known lawyers in Korea and at the same time, he's long time friend. They get into the same high school and same university, continuing their friendship even after their graduation. He sent all the documents Jihyo collected, as well as the footage of Chang Joo hurting her to him to have an initial understanding of what Jihyo and him is trying to start.

"I'll be honest with you, you're meant to lose." Jongho puzzledly looked at his friend. "What do you mean? We have all these evidence." 

"That's true but these aren't enough. The names involved in this especially when he unfairly distributed the compensation of his artists, you'll be needing their confirmation if they want their name to be involved in this case. You think for the past years, they didn't have a single idea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter