13: He's back

When the Time is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Jongho immediately lost his focus from the shoot once he heard the news of Jihyo getting hospitalized. His manager begged him to just finished the shoot that day before going back as he ensured him that Jihyo is now out of the hospital and resting in her own unit. This didn't lessen his worries yet he knows Jihyo would feel guilty if he goes back to her and left the shoot unfinished. So he tried his best with the remaining hours to immediately wrapped up the shoot. Once he's done, he's thankful that his manager understand his urgency to go to Jihyo as he already packed all their things and just waiting for him in the car before finally driving back to Seoul.

Jongho entered Jihyo's unit and found her staff in the living room. "She's in her room. She's been sleeping since we left the hospital." Hyemin told him as she noticed him panting. He might have run towards here. 

"What happened?" The three looked at each other not knowing what to tell him. It seems like he's still not aware of Chang Joo's presence in Jihyo's life and they know they are not in the right place to tell him. "She broke down really hard to the point of fainting." It was Hongda who straightly told him the gist of what just happened. With what Hongda said, he just became more confuse. "It's better to just ask unnie about it. But don't force her. She's emotionally unstable right now" Bomi reminded him. Jongho just nodded despite not being able to comprehend what they are talking about. The three left Jihyo's unit and gave the two of them privacy. They knew very well who Jihyo needs the most right now.

He entered Jihyo's room and saw her peacefully sleeping. He pulled the blanket towards her to cover her more and sat down beside her. He still doesn't know what actually happened but based from what Hongda initially told him, he was reminded of the night Jihyo drunk called him. How long have you been acting tough? Jongho thought as he Jihyo's hair. He noticed how exhausted she was so he immediately pulled his hand away from her to not wake her up. 

Jongho decided to clean Jihyo's room a bit as he plans on watching her the whole night to ensure that she'll be able to sleep peacefully. He noticed her table in the corner and decided to fix it when the papers' content caught his attention. Statement of Accounts. Jongho didn't understand what the contents are but the name of the receiver caused his forehead to crease trying to remember where he heard his name. Baek Chang Joo. He opened his phone and searched his name online. After finding who he is, knowing his past relationship with Jihyo and his crimes, aside from the fact that he was released from prison that day, he felt nervous. 

He convinced himself that Jihyo's breakdown is not correlated with Chang Joo's news of freedom today yet he can't think of any reason why would Jihyo have documents relating to him. What are you up to Jihyo? Jongho looked at Jihyo full of worries and questions yet he decided to let it go for awhile and continued cleaning her room. When he was done, he went back sitting beside her and settled himself while holding her hand tightly. As the hours passed, his exhaustion beat him and pulled him to sleep with his and Jihyo's hand interlocked. 

He woke up upon feeling his feet getting numb but surprised to see Jihyo playing with his hand. "Hey, how are you feeling?" Jihyo didn't answer and pulled him beside her. She went near him and hugged him which he automatically responded by spooning Jihyo into an embrace. "I miss you." Jongho felt something different with how she embrace him this time. "I miss you too." Jongho didn't ask anymore and just give Jihyo what she needs right now, for him to just be there beside her.

"Did I worry you?" Jihyo asked him which he responded by kissing the top of her head. "Yeah, so much." There was silence again. Embracing each other is enough to comfort them. No words were necessary. "Jihyo, you know you can trust me with anything right?". Jihyo remained silent for a while but Jongho felt her nodding her head, tightening her embrace. From how Jihyo embraces him, he knew that she's fearing something. He decided to just assure her that she can trust him and wait until she opens up. But what Jongho can't see is how tears fell down from Jihyo's eyes. Feeling the comfort from each other's arms, the two ended up falling asleep again.

Song Jongho woke up as he heard little noises outside the room. He felt nervous for awhile when he noticed Jihyo gone beside him but immediately realized that she's outside the room. He got up and saw her done cooking and now prep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter