16: Turning Back

When the Time is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Jongho is now alone by the seaside with a bottle of beer beside him. When he felt that Jihyo is already deep in her sleep, he went out to think for a while. It's already late at night but he can't seem to find a courage to sleep peacefully beside Jihyo that night. 

He's been thinking for the past days. He's been trying to assess their situation. He's been trying to rationally see the best option for him and Jihyo. He's been trying to weigh the safest decision for Jihyo's safety. 

He's guilty that he made love with Jihyo that night after doubting their relationship. He's guilty that while Jihyo is full of love while they do it, negative thoughts keep on messing his mind. He's sure Jihyo noticed it but he's just so unsure that whenever he felt like Jihyo is about to ask him if something is wrong, he'll once again assure her. He felt like he's manipulating her emotions. He brushed his hair using his hand as he's starting to feel really restless. 

"You should leave Jihyo-ssi" His manager's words rang inside his mind. "You're presence beside Jihyo is trigerring Chang Joo's anger" "Can't you see that there's a greater probability of him hurting Jihyo if he continues to see you beside her?" He never considered it. But who is he lying to? He knew that at the back of his mind, he's starting to waver. He's starting to be more convinced that leaving Jihyo is the best option for them. 

"Jihyo will be in the public eye for as long as we don't know once this fight against Chang Joo starts. Her career might suffer."  Jongho drank his beer again when this time, he remembered his friend/lawyer's reminder. The moment he knew Jihyo's struggles with Chang Joo and knowing how influential he is, his own career never matters to him. But he's not sure if he can manage to look at Jihyo's eyes if they won't be able to win this. 

"I'll be honest with you. You're meant to lose." Jongho pulled his hair indicating how upset he is that the people around him is affecting how he sees his relationship with Jihyo. If Chang Joo wins, they won't be able to leave peacefully for the rest of their lives. Both of their careers will be affected and Jihyo will continue to live every day with fear even being with him. He's not sure until when he can continue to protect Jihyo or if he can actually manage to protect her. The last night's incident just escalated his doubts. Chang Joo was able to go near Jihyo. They're not even starting yet he already failed to keep him away from her. 

"If you leave Jongho, I'll try my best to allow you to leave as peaceful as possible." He knew he shouldn't trust Chang Joo's words but it just strengthen the option of him getting away from Jihyo will be the only way for her to be safe. 

"Oppa...once everything is over, let's get married." Then Jihyo's words popped up causing him to finally breakdown. How can I leave her? How can I hurt her? There must be something. We might still make this work. Just imagining himself breaking Jihyo's heart is already killing him. 

"I waited for two years. Now that she finally wanted me to the point of marrying me, why is this happening between us?" Jongho talked to himself while looking faraway to the horizon. Silently wishing that someone will hear his desperate cries. I want to be with her. I badly want to be with her. Jongho roughly wiped his tears and gulped down what's remaining from the bottle of beer he's holding. 

Before they leave this resort tomorrow, he knew he has to make his decision. 

Song Jihyo felt Jongho kissing her cheeks repeatedly causing her to finally wake up. When Jongho saw her finally awake, he started kissing her neck. "Yah, it tickles" Jihyo pushed Jongho's face away from her while laughing.

"How can a 40-year old one smells like a baby" Jongho this time is sniffing Jihyo. She replied by pulling his hair causing him to groan.

"How dare you emphasize my age. You're way older than me."

"I'm complimenting you."

"Hey, didn't you sleep?" Jihyo noticed his eye bags which are obviously present that morning.

"I wanted to watch you sleep that I failed to notice it's already morning." Jongho re sniffing Jihyo and this time she didn't stop her.

"I'm hungry."

"Let's eat. I already asked for the staff to just deliver the breakfast here." Jongho removed the sheet covering her causing Jihyo to yelp and unconsciously covered herself.

Jongho laughed from Jihyo's reaction. "I already saw that babe. What's there to hide?" He shielded himself from the pillow that Jihyo thrown at him which he just laughed about and went out of the room to ensure that their breakfast is ready. Jihyo then dressed herself and followed him outside the room. 

Jongho once again pulled him to sit on his lap and insisted of feeding her again. Jihyo somehow find his actions unusual that morning yet she's too happy to even take it seriously.

The whole day, the two just stayed inside their room. At the same time, Jongho never left Jihyo's side even once. When their watching a movie, Jongho just played around with her hands, opening and closing their fingers from being interlocked. If she goes to the kitchen, Jongho didn't let go  of her hand and went with her. When she decided to cook for their lunch instead of eating what the resort has, Jongho is hugging her from the side. Although it was hard to cook when he's clinging around her, she just let him be as she already tried her best to get him away from her but to no avail. He even goes with her inside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter