Seventeen

Reborn: Tale of a concubine.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  It was what he'd been trying hard to ignore. Kai was his mate, despite them being of two different worlds. He realized that, it wasn't something he could deny any longer. He shouldn't let his past control him, a lot of things in this timeline were different. This Kai was different, caring, considerate, that showed him genuine affection.The least Sehun could do was give him a chance to prove himself, to prove he was worthy of Sehun's Fenigriff. The goddesses wouldn't chose wrong for him. "Sehun?" Kai called again, voice laced with fear and genuine concern that Sehun used to make himself believe were false. With that realization came the undoing of the spell in his heart. He breathed in deep, a hand going to his chest. It was like every fiber of his heart was becoming loose. It hurt in someway, yet having the spell lifted was like being finally able to clearly see, to hear and to breathe. Sehun was in trouble, in deep love with the man coming for him. Now he understood. Fully accepting Kai as his mate was the key to the lock in his heart. It was either Kai accept him or Sehun was going to be in pain for life. Every bone in Sehun's body wanted to run toward him too, but he was still too stunned by Kai's sudden appearance and his swirling thoughts and emotions. All he could do was stand there while Kai crashed into him, grabbing his shoulders, touching his arms. Kai's hands come away bloody. “You’re all right,” Kai said, and Sehun couldn't tell which one of them he was trying to reassure. “Are you all right?, I thought. .” A tear rolled down Sehun's face, his sword fell from his hand, thumping onto the ground. He needed both hands to touch Kai's face, tilt him up. Kai's lips were pink and plump, and he was warm to the touch. Kai tried to brush a drop of blood from Sehun's cheek and only made it worse. “Are you hurt?” Kai's eyes were wide and red-rimmed. "Sehun, say something. Why are you crying?" Sehun didn't have words for the emotion rising inside him. He slid his hand into Kai's hair, held him in place, and kissed his lips. Kai gasped into his mouth "wow" then kissed back. Both desperate like two people that had been denied for long, they kissed as if their lives depended on it. It wasn't graceful, too much tongue and teeth. The sweetest kiss Sehun ever had, a part of his mind supplied. The adrenaline of the fight twisted to arousal. He held Kai by the hair and waist, fingers tightening, as if Kai might vanish into shadows if he let go. Sehun shouldn't be doing this, however at this moment, he found that he didn't care. He felt like he would die if he didn't kiss Kai. Kai clutched his shirt. His neck. Held him just as hard. Sehun didn't know how long they've been kissing, until someone cleared their throat. He broke away, panting for breath, and pressed his forehead against Kai's. “I’m fine,” he said, with a slightly nod. "I'm fine." He took in a lungful of Kai's scent."How are you here? I thought you'll be busy with the selection ceremony." Letting out breath as though he'd ran a marathon, Kai spoke, hand tight on Sehun's neck."I don't care about the damn selection, what matters is you." He smiled and Sehun's heart skipped a beat ."Minho told me what happened, and had i a feeling something might happen if I don't do something. "He purse his lips, and Sehun had to fight the urge not to kiss them again. "I know you're capable of taking care of yourself, especially with the squad, but I just couldn't sit and wait, like– like that time. I was in the middle of getting ready to come, when I heard a voice that sounds like you in my head." He laughed. "Ridiculous I know but I had to find you." Kai seem to have been deeply affected by Sehun's disappearance the other day at the boutique."How do you know where to find me?" Lifting his gaze to Sehun, Kai shrugged."I don't know how, I just followed my guts and it leads me to you. One moment I was in armory, the next, I am here." Sehun hummed, releasing Kai. Kai hadn't figure out they were mates, thus he thought, his gut feeling led him here. He thought it impossible that Sehun had been the one to call him. It had been subconscious, instinctive when those blood mages had wanted to take him under their control. It surprised him that he called for Kai instead of his guardians. Speaking of which, Sehun glanced behind Kai. The hellcats were stood by the door watching guard. Sehun's guardians and the others were helping the people out of the cells, however one guardian was missing. "Where's Baekhyun?" Sehun asked Jimin that came up to him. "He received a call, Mina has been found, near the pack property." Junmyeon told him. "Chanyeol has gone with him." "She's been found?" Sehun blinked. "Yes," "Is she alright?" "Surprisingly she is. But some has been done to her. She's gain powers." Jimin told him. Something didn't seem right. Why would they let her go if the experiment on her was a success? They should keep Mina and the children that were altered with the heavenly energy– Sehun swirled to the podium and realized the substance was gone. He raced over to check, wishing the vial was there by some miracle. It wasn't, all he found was the ash left by teleportation talisman, something used by high society that didn't have the ability to create portals. Placing his hand on the table, Sehun gasped. it was happening right here in front of everyone. Distract everyone, he sent to his guardians just as the images began flashing. Sehun had been right. The blood mages were using the heavenly energy to give normal children powers. He saw Mina's face, scared as they tied her to the cot, and injected some stuff Into her. She wasn't the only one, several children had been subjected to the same method, however not all of them made it, five out of eight died. Sehun saw Jiyong's face, he was the doctor, that monitored the progress. A female in red was there, she seem to be the leader or something, judging by the way the others acted around her. She was speaking but Sehun was unable to hear what she said or see her face. She had strong magic that his vision couldn't bypass. They had tried draining Mina, but it had proven hard. They seem to be running out of time, when they realized the girl couldn't he drained, thus decided to change tactic. Another male, big and ugly had ordered Jiyong to kill her by whatever means possible, however the doctor seem to have a little conscience remaining. He didn't carry out the order, instead had asked the van guy to dump her, while he reported to the ugly man it had been done.
 
"We've captured two alive and they're being transported to the palace." He gasped out of the visions to hear someone reporting. "You've seen it too. They wanted to drain her, but because of the heavenly energy, they were unable to do so." Blink's voice rang in his head. Sehun nodded and that was when he realized Kai was holding him. When did he get close? "Is something wrong? You were in daze, and–" "I am fine." He quickly said. "Do you think Seokjin will be able to restore their souls?" He asked making a gesture toward the people being carried out. Kai had a thoughtful look as he said."Let's hope he could. Those children were mostly from an orphanage, south. I got a report the place had been burnt, but no body was found. We have to find a new home for them." "I have an idea, they should be–" A roar started them. Sehun had forgotten about the syclla basilisk. There wasn't just one royal blood, but two. Kai and Junmyeon and three counting the babe in him. The creature trashed madly, banging into its cage with a force that had the ground shaking. Why was it only responding to the royal presence now? Kai and Junmyeon had been in the basement for minutes. Whatever, they needed to do something, or best get the hell out of there.  Bad idea. His beast said agitated. Follow king and prodigy. Harm. The beast was right. The syclla basilisk wouldn't rest until it had the royal blood coating its tongue. Must kill. The beast insisted. Sehun could try. There was a likelihood he was the only one here that had a chance to end it. But that meant exposing himself as an alien to the people present that didn't know his secret. Kai was smart, even if Sehun said he was just different, he would figure it out. However Sehun would do anything necessary to keep his mate safe, now that he had embraced that fact.  But before he could decide on the best cause of action, Kai moved, pushing Sehun behind him while ordering the others to evacuate quickly.Sehun didn't dare take his eyes off the basilisk, he narrowed his eyes and realized something was different from earlier. The suppressing collar wasn't around its neck, somehow someone had set it free without them noticing. This was bad. It was going to get out and attack. He didn't have time to wonder how it lost the collar. Grabbing Kai's arm, Sehun turned the emperor to face him."Majesty go with the others, the squad will take care –" "I can't let you handle it alone." Kai shook his head. "Do not ask me to leave." "I am not alone. I have them" he made a general gesture toward the guardians. "Junmyeon go too, having you here will be dangerous." He said to the water mage that was in the middle of erecting a water wall. He didn't need to explain, they all knew what syclla basilisk was. Having too many royal blood in one place was the perfect recipe for gore. Sehun had the gun that Kai had gifted him. Maybe he wouldn't need his beast to intervene."I have the dragon fire with me." He pulled it out, and showed the emperor. "Please go." "It wouldn't–" Kai began but was cut off as another roar resonated. This time it sounded close. Looking behind, Sehun realized the syclla had broken from its cage as well as Junmyeon's water wall, and was coming at them. Not good. Aiming the gun, he fired two shots in rapid succession. But it didn't do the damage Sehun had hoped. The dragon fire was only able to damage a part of the beast's body that regenerated instantly.  "That's what I was trying to tell you. It has my magic, something the basilisk is after." Kai said, twisting to push Sehun behind again. The shadow guards had put themselves between the Scylla and the emperor, battling the creature, trying to stop it from coming for them. It seem to have one goal and that was to get to them.  ". I haven't thought of that." The guardians joined the fight. Jimin with a gorilla spirit out, used the strength to haul the Scylla off and slam it to the wall. Minseok followed with foxfire, two spikes broke off the syclla as a result. In retaliation, the syclla flung Minseok to the other side of the basement. He must have been hit hard, because the kitsune didn't get up, instead pushed himself and leaned against his sword, while watching the battle. Zitao took the shape of a basilisk, however smaller than the Scylla. He wrapped his reptilian body around the Scylla, using his claws to tear through the hard skin. It didn't work, the Scylla roared, rolling to pin Zitao, however the skinwalker was quick to shift into a smaller animal, that looked like a baby snake to slither away, before retaking his human form. Luhan and Junmyeon brandished their swords. Junmyeon was taking the lead at the front and Sehun understood what he was doing. He was trying to call the creature's attention to himself. Surprisingly the basilisk didn't bother with him. It seem to have eyes for Kai only. It opened its huge mouth, and Sehun saw the fire before he smelled the sulfur. "Junmyeon get out of the way." Sehun sent just as the flames poured out, engulfing two royal guards that weren't fast enough to step away. The fire cleared and the damn thing was still slithering toward them. Another guard tried to battle it, but ended up getting his arm torn and chewed. This won't do. Sehun had to do something, before it reached them. Reaching for his discarded sword, he called for the powers of the goddesses and charged. Though not plenty was left, but it would do some damage. Lifting himself off the ground, Sehun aimed for the head that was following his every move with hungry eyes. He landed on its back, bringing his sword down to its neck. It tried to buck him off, but Sehun held fast. His sword had hit a target, and was stuck, but that was all. it wasn't reacting like Sehun hoped. And all he was left to do was try to keep himself from falling. It felt like he was on top of a two stories. Falling off wouldn't be nice. "Damn it Sehun. What the hell are you doing all standing help him" Kai yelled, snatching a weapon from a guard stood and trembling in fear. Lyla and Lui joined Luhan that was attacking from the rear. However it didn't seem like they were harming it. It skin was ing too thick to do some damage. It had it focus on Kai, that was coming for it. The syclla swung its tail, slamming the people attacking if from behind. Ow that hurts Lyla grumbled. Still holding the gorilla spirit, Jimin rushed over and grabbed its middle, to prevent it from inching forward. "Too strong." The spirit user exclaimed, his voice strained. Like a Norse god, Kai roared, leaping off the ground with speed hard to track and descended to pierce the Scylla's side. It howled in pain, meaning Kai had done some real damage. Hot blood gushed from the place Kai hit. Wow he was the emperor for a reason. No one had manage to pierce it. The emperor pulled out the weapon, and brought it down again, this time he dragged the blade down, opening the basilisk up, as part of its inner organs dropped out. Pissed that the emperor succeeded in injury it, the syclla swung its body, swiping its claws at Kai, that dodged expertly. Holy . Sehun couldn't take his eyes off Kai, not just him, all the others were gazing at the emperor with admiration. He was so cool. When it couldn't get Kai, it rotated its body – Sehun had to hold tight not to slip off– until it was face to face with the emperor. The damn Scylla opened its mouth again and Sehun knew what was to come. The stench of sulfur filled the air and fear gripped him. No no he had to protect Kai. The Infamous fire yet to pour out and Sehun began to shift. However before he could, a part of the wall caved in and a huge black bird made its way through, swiping Kai with a wing, putting itself between the emperor and the flames that poured like river. Blink? It looked exactly like her, if Sehun ignore the size. "Get down alright. How else can this mama take care of it. Hurry help your husband and go." The voice was unmistakable. ! It was truly Blink. Had she always been like this or was it something she could do when she wanted? Not daring to wonder more, he pulled out his weapon and jumped down as he hurried to Kai that was slumped against a wall watching the Raven with wide eyes. "Please tell me it's not what – who I think." "It is. She's Blink." Sehun said, a little breathless. "She could always do that?" The emperor asked. "That makes the two of us. This is the first time I am seeing her like this." "Both of you should hurry." The raven urged. "Let's go." Sehun helped Kai up. Kai groaned, tightening his hold on Sehun. " are you hurt?" In response, the emperor grinned, leaning to kiss Sehun's lips briefly. "I am fine." No you're not. Sehun wanted to say, but he didn't as he focused on helping his husband. The others were taking out the injured and the dead through the way Blink had made. Just as they reached the exit, Sehun paused, and turned to look. Blink had pinned the Scylla with both legs, while her body emit radiation like energy. "Is it really a Scylla or?" He asked. He hadn't thought of that possibility. "At this rate it didn't matter, Sehun even if it were, the soul had merged and is no longer human. I cannot feel a person's soul." With a nod, he proceeded out, making sure to walk slowly not to jolt Kai. ***
Zia yawned, standing to stretch her body before she padded toward Kai. Zi that was sat next to Lui watching the doctor work, suddenly lost internet and leaned against the other male. Lui, buried his head in Zi's mane, with a pleased purr. Lyla sent daggers with her eyes however it was useless. Both males seem oblivious, busy nuzzling each other. Sehun didn't know if Zi's affection for Lui was simply friendship, but it looked like the two were in love and weren't ashamed to show it. Clearly irritated, Lyla huffed and stood to join Zia. Both arms crossed with his back leaning against the wall, Sehun averted his gaze to watch Seokjin stitched up the injuries Kai had sustained. It felt odd, seeing Kai like this, bleeding with several gashes on his sides. Sehun had thought Kai indestructible. But surprisingly he wasn't.  The syclla basilisk was one of the few that could harm him and leave a scar. Kai couldn't even heal on his own without help. Which proved what a danger the Scylla posed to the royal. It was a good thing it had been eliminated, and Sehun hoped it was the last of its kind. How the blood mages were able to get their hands on one was a mystery. They had came back with lots of documents and had
captured two people alive, Jiyong was one the two. They were being held in the cells and Sehun couldn't wait to start questioning them. Thinking of the incident, Sehun glanced at Blink that was perched on his shoulder, back to her normal size. Was this even her normal size or a glamour? Another mystery he probably wouldn't find out anytime soon. Stop looking at me like that. She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter