| Diecinueve [K]

Yellow Hues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Karina’s pov.


 

“And… We’re done, Karina.” 

 

The moment the director cued the end of my shoot, everyone in the venue raised their hands in cheers.

 

This is my first ever skincare brand sponsorship kaya sobrang nervous ko pa kanina. The director was delighted with how effortless I was at modeling kaya mabilis natapos ang shoot ko. It’s also a good thing that the director and staff were very friendly and attentive.

 

I’m really excited for later. Today is the first official date Winter and I will have, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. 

 

Hindi ko naman gusto na mag come out as demanding kay Winter regarding dates and stuff since I know that she’s going through a lot lately. I can tell na she's doing everything she can to hide the fact that she's suffering on the inside.

 

I honestly just want to be there for her lalo na ngayon that her family is going through a tough time. 

 

It's fortunate that this will be my last shoot before a one month schedule break. Malapit na kasi ang finals namin kaya I’ll focus on acads muna for quite some time. Of course it goes without saying that I would spend more time with my baby.

 

I wouldn't deny that after only a few months of getting to know Winter, I'm already falling for her. Who, after all, wouldn't? Every time I feel her presence, she is definitely like a ray of sunshine that brightens up my day. She is nicknamed after a chilly season, which is ironic when you think about it. 

 

Because she brings warmth not just to me but also to other people she’s around. Her personality obviously is the complete opposite of Winter.

 

Am I about to or have I already fallen in love with her?

 

It’s already 4 pm pero wala pa rin si Winter and wala ring messages. Maybe she’s stuck in traffic. I should message her.

 

Karina: Babe, where you @ ???

Karina: I’ll wait for you sa waiting area sa floor ko, ok?

Karina: Message me pag malapit ka na :* 

 

The director was waiting for another model, so I decided to stay in the floor lobby. I also don't want to disrupt the operations inside the shooting area. 

 

I’m just wearing a cropped collar knit top and a white glossy fake leather pants which I partnered with leather strap sandals from Dr. Martens. Hindi naman daw formal ang dinner namin ni Winter so I decided to wear a casual outfit. In addition, I tied my hair back into a high bun since I think it looks good with my outfit.

 

Another thing I've noticed is that my baby isn't very good at hiding things or sneaking around. I saw her browsing restaurant reviews on her phone. I also overheard her while she was conversing with ate Tiff on the phone. She was asking for help in making a table reservation. What a cutie. 

 

Knowing Winter, she's probably drenched in nervous sweat. I'll be sure to let her know how much I acknowledge and appreciate the time and effort she invested in setting up our somehow spontaneous date.

 

I was pulled out of my thoughts when someone suddenly spoke, “Ms. Karina?” Oh, she looks kind of familiar. Tatlo silang babae and they all look familiar. I just don’t know kung saan at kailan ko sila nakita. 

 

“Yes?” I smiled and asked politely. 

 

“May we ask for a picture with you? And an autograph if pwede po.” She smiled cheekily. She looks really bubbly. 

 

“Of course. No problem.” 

 

After taking a selfie, the youngest looking gave me a notebook na kaagad kong kinuha para pirmahan.  “Pwede po ba pasulat name ko?” She asked. 

 

“Oki! What shall I write?”

 

“Hong Eunchae po. Thank you po talaga!”

 

They were delighted when I signed their notebook. This is one of the positives of becoming an actress. Seeing fans' happy faces as a result of my efforts. I'm glad that somehow I can make their day a little brighter.

 

“Thank you po! We're huge fans of yours and Ms. Wonyoung po. Palagi namin pinapanood ang drama and movie na kasama kayo.” Eunchae exclaimed enthusiastically.

 

“Is that so? Thank you for your support. Really.”

 

“Opo! Fan na fan nga rin po kami nung non-showbiz gf ni Ms. Wonyoung. Bagay po talaga sila!”

 

Non-showbiz gf? I didn’t know na may gf pala si Wonyoung. Or.. or is it..

 

“Non-showbiz gf?” I replied, intrigued.

 

“Hindi mo po ba alam? Si Winter Kim po. Yung anak ng CEO niyo! Super cute nila together.” She then showed me images of Winter and Wonyoung. These are some of their childhood and maybe high school photos.

 

I won't deny that there are times when I get really jealous of Wonyoung. I know naman na aware si Winter sa pagseselos ko sa kaibigan niya but somehow nakukulangan ako sa mga ginagawa niya para ma-prevent ang possible pagseselos.

 

I know I did the same thing when she became jealous of Jaehyun. Kaya rin I am patient with Winter kasi I understand na it’s not easy to express discomfort sa mga ganitong situation. I also have a lot of trust in her, which is why I haven't been feeling particularly jealous lately.

 

After a few moments, nagpaalam na rin sila Eunchae. Sakto naman ay may message na si Winter. 

 

Winter: Elevator, baby. Yes, wait mo ako dyan sa floor mo. 

Winter: Sorry medyo late 😢

 

She’s near na. 

 

I decided to wait for my baby beside the elevator. I noticed recently na even though magkasama lang kami, after a while, miss ko na agad si Winter. I’m getting really clingy sa baby ko. My goodness! What have you done to me, Winter Kim?

 

The elevator opened just in time. I greeted them with a smile that quickly faded as I saw Wonyoung and Winter so close to each other. They're nearly kissing.

 

"Hi, Rina!" Wonyoung greeted me cheerfully. She had an unmistakable smirk on her face.

 

"Hi, Wonyoung," I said politely. I smiled, trying to ignore the jealousy I was feeling. I don't want to ruin Wonyoung's friendship with Winter. In addition, she is recovering from her father's death. It's the very least I can do.

 

They went out of the elevator so that we could catch up for a while.

 

“I’m just removing something from my bibi’s shirt kanina. Ito kasing si Win, hindi man lang i-check kung malinis pa shirt niya.”

 

Bibi?!

 

I noticed Winter's violent gaze towards Wonyoung. I, on the other hand, made every effort possible to appear normal. I can't allow Wonyoung to think that she has the upper hand over me.

 

“Anyway, I got to go. See you guys soon?” Wonyoung continued. 

 

I thought it’s over na but before Wonyoung left, she stole a quick kiss on Winter’s left cheek. "Thanks for the ride." and winked before continuing to walk away from us.

 

That gesture got me hella mad. Also, to think that Winter just let Wonyoung do as she pleases right in front of me. Literally in front of the girl she’s dating!

 

I was waiting for her to say something to Wonyoung.

 

But she did nothing.

 

She did not even hold Wonyoung accountable, instead she just let her walk away.

 

I'm so upset. Words cannot explain how deeply hurt and offended I am. 

 

I entered the elevator immediately. Hindi ko na rin inisip kung maiiwan si Winter. 

 

I need to breathe.





 

We are already in the car, and I still can't bring myself to talk to Win. I can also see her casually peeking at me. I diverted my attention by staring out the passenger seat window towards the emptiness.

 

“Uy, baby.” She broke the silence but I just ignored her. “Baby ko.”

 

“Rina.” 

 

I still have no energy to talk to her. Siguro dahil sobrang upset ako at ayoko lang na may masabing hindi maganda sa kanya.

 

“Karina, please talk to me naman.” Obvious irritation can be heard from her voice.

 

Siya pa ang galit?

 

“Ano ba ‘yon, Minjeong?” I matched her irritation. She's the one who screwed up, so she has no right to be mad at me.

 

She remained silent for a bit, but the negative tension between us was still there.

 

 “Ano bang kinagagalit mo? Ni-hindi mo ako pinapansin kanina pa.” 

 

She’s unaware?!

 

“Are you for real?” I scoffed at dumiretso sa pagkakaupo. 

 

I hate the fact that she doesn’t acknowledge na she did something wrong. 

 

“Kasalanan ko ba ‘yon? Hindi ko rin naman ginusto na halikan niya ako ah.” 

 

She clearly doesn’t understand.

 

“Are you really that clueless?” Humarap ako ulit sa kanya and I looked her straight in her eyes, trying to grasp if she really is clueless or she’s just ignoring the fact that she did something wrong. 

 

She breathed deeply before responding, “Alam ko naman na dahil ‘to kay Wonyoung pero kasalanan ko ba ‘yon? Anong magagawa ko kung hinalikan niya ako?”

 

Oh my god.

 

"I can't believe you." I slumped again in defeat in the passenger seat and focused on whatever I could see out the window.

 

“Sabihin mo na lang kasi para matapos na ‘to.” Bulong ni Winter. Akala niya siguro ay hindi ko maririnig. 

 

Saying that I’m disappointed would be an understatement. The attitude that Winter is currently showing is unbelievable.

 

Irritated, I turned to Winter again. “Winter, hindi lahat dapat sinasabi. You yourself should know. Makiramdam ka naman sana.” 

 

God knows I didn’t expect the next thing Winter would say. 

 

“Alam mo, sige. Tutal ayaw mo naman pag-usapan edi i-drop na lang natin ‘tong topic. Wala naman na ‘tong patutunguhan kung puro ka ganyan.” 

 

Hurt. More than the feeling of disappointment, hindi ko ipagkakaila na sobra akong nasasaktan. Hindi ko ineexpect na biglang magkakaganito ang usapan namin. 

 

I calmed myself down before speaking again. Parang naubos ang lahat ng energy ko. I’m drained, hurt, disappointed, and mad, all at the same time. 

 

“Wala ka man lang kasing ginawa. You just let her do things to you. That’s the problem.” Sambit ko. Ramdam ko ang sakit sa bawat pagbitaw ng mga salita.

 

I know na in a relationship, arguments are bound to happen pero I think I wouldn’t be able to handle another second of talking to Winter ngayong araw. 

 

“Babe, wait. I’m sorry.” Si Winter. I suppose she already came to her senses.

 

I continued to ignore her. As I turned my head away from her once more, a single tear finally left my eye. I tried my best to keep her from noticing how much her words had impacted me.

 

She attempted to reach me, "Babe," but I once again resisted.

 

“J-Just..” I sighed. “Just drive, Winter.” 

 

“Tuloy ba tayo? I can drive you na lang papuntang unit mo.” 

 

I know she went out of her way for our date but after what happened, I think I wouldn’t be able to be with her for a while. Nakakalungkot din dahil we were also supposed to meet Mom. I know na maiintindihan naman ni Mom. I’ll explain na lang later. 

 

“Ikaw bahala.” Nakatingin sa malayong sagot ko. Alam kong gets niya na ang ibig kong sabihin.

 

After a long quiet drive, we parked in front of our condo building. The silence between the two of us is undoubtedly deafening the whole ride. 

 

“A-Ahm, Rina.” She called my name softly, but I didn't turn to face her. Instead, I pursed my lips and answered. 

 

“I’ll go na.” I sighed. “Thank you sa pag hatid at sundo.” 

 

“Babe..”

 

She was about to say something more but I opted to just get out of the car dahil hindi ko na kayang pigilan ang luha ko. 

 

As soon as I walked into my unit, I burst into tears. I despise the fact that she has this impact on me.

 

Don’t get me wrong, hindi naman nagbago o nabawasan ang feelings ko para kay Winter. I’m just hurt and disappointed. 

 

After a quick bath, I decided to message her para ipaalam na I canceled our dinner with mom.

 

Karina: I canceled the dinner with mom.

Karina: Gn. 

 

Ten minutes passed bago siya nakareply.

 

Winter: Okay. Good night, baby.

 

I left her on read and proceeded to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter