She knows you

One plus One, Two plus Two

 

The scratching of pens on paper filled in the silence of the room. Hyunjin's, though, because Chaewon wanted to hit her head on the table instead. It was not like she didn't like Theory of Acting, but they had been studying for almost two hours, and she was growing way too distracted and restless. Not to mention the rumbling on her stomach. She wanted to whine, to ask Hyunjin for a break, but the girl was so focused that Chaewon would feel bad for interrupting her.

Chaewon grabbed her phone to check the time, and a weird sound, something in between a squeal and a gasp, came from as she noticed the notification on the screen.

"God damn, Chaewon." Hyunjin jumped on her seat, a hand to her chest. "What the was that?"

"I-I'm sorry! Hyeju's live!"

"Oh, right now?"

"She started a few minutes ago!"

Chaewon jumped on her feet and rushed to get her laptop from her room. She set it on the low coffee table and plopped down on the floor, back against the couch. All she needed was to write the letter T on the search bar and press the enter key. She had searched so many times for it that it went directly to Twitch.tv/HyeWolf.

The previous smile on her lips from the anticipation soon turned into an ear to ear grin as the page loaded and showed the live video. The League of Legends window occupied the whole streaming screen, but at the corner, there she was - Hyeju, sitting on her black and silver gaming chair.

"Hello, hello, everyone," Hyeju said, seeing the number of viewers getting higher.

Chaewon squealed harder.

"Aren't you gonna keep studying?" Hyunjin asked.

"No, she's live."

Hyunjin chuckled. "Alright, have fun."

"Is it bothering you? Do you want me to go get earphones?"

"No, it's okay."

Chaewon nodded and drove her attention back to the screen. Hyeju had already around fifty viewers now, what she normally had, and at this point, she should be about to start playing.

"I'm just waiting for Ryujin to join." Hyeju checked her phone. "We're duo queueing today."

Then, the sound notification of someone entering the call on Discord rang, and Hyeju threw her phone aside. "Shin Ryujin!"

"Hey!" Ryujin greeted.

More comments appeared on the right side of the screen. Chaewon peeked at them, her viewers greeting Ryujin as well.

"You're gonna go support with me, right?" Hyeju asked as she invited Ryujin to her party.

"Do I really have to?"

Hyeju pouted, looking at the camera as if that would change Ryujin's mind.

"I can be your support, Hyeju..." Chaewon mumbled.

"You don't even know how to play that game," Hyunjin snickered.

"I can learn!"

"Then why haven't you already?"

Chaewon sighed. "It's too difficult. There are too many characters and items and rules and I just can't."

"Will you let me choose the support?" Ryujin asked.

"As long as you pick an actual support. And before you say it, no, Ahri doesn't count." Hyeju shook her head, and the screen showed the champion selection, with all the characters to pick.

Ryujin burst out in loud laughs. "Don't worry, I will."

"Okay, I'll go with Miss Fortune, keep that in mind."

Chaewon observed as the players chose their characters, and she already knew a few. Miss Fortune, a red haired pirate girl, was Hyeju's favorite and the one she played the most. But even though Chaewon had been watching Hyeju's streams for a few months now, she still didn't understand what the majority of the characters did, but could at least tell the game's objectives and roles.

The smile was still present on her lips as she remembered the first time she stumbled across her channel. She accidentally clicked on the League of Legends tab on Twitch one day in June, but somehow, Hyeju's channel was right there, among people with a thousand viewers or more. There Hyeju was, streaming with her thirty viewers at that time, and even though Chaewon could barely see her face, it was like destiny told her to click on her stream. And ever since then, she didn't care if she had no idea how League of Legends worked. She would always watch Hyeju's streams.

Chaewon wasn't sure if it was because Hyeju was so, so, so pretty, or the way she smiled, or how her high pitched laughs sounded so cute in her ears, or how she always seemed to have so much fun playing, or how she sometimes got angry and would swear, and for Chaewon, that was so funny-

"Yah, are you listening?" Hyunjin hit her arm.

Startled, Chaewon turned to her. "W-What?"

"No, you weren't listening." Hyunjin sighed, crossing her arms with a cute pout on her lips. "All you see is Hyeju. It's as if I'm not here."

"Hyunjinie, I'm sorry! I really was distracted. What were you saying?"

"Never mind, I got the answer already."

"Are you bored? Should I call Jin-"

"No, I'm perfectly fine." Hyunjin focused on her books again.

Chaewon laughed and looked ahead at her laptop. The game was fifteen minutes in already, and Hyeju was so focused she barely spoke.

"Go, go!" Ryujin yelled as she caught the two enemies in her ultimate ability.

Hyeju furrowed her eyebrows, and a few seconds later, she balled a fist as the game showed a big double kill on the screen.

"Nice!" Hyeju beamed.

The game went on, and it was going so well for them that another ten minutes after, they won. Hyeju nodded with a proud smile.

"We literally carried this ," Ryujin said.

"That's why I asked you to be my support."

"What an honor."

"As if. You carry me, I carry everyone. Easy, right?"

Chaewon chuckled at their antics. Ryujin had been participating in her streams ever since she found her channel as well. From what she could tell, they were great friends, not just League partners.

"That's when you're not raging," Hyeju read a comment and laughed. "As long as they don't camp my lane! That's what pisses me off."

"And when you miss ," Ryujin said.

"And when you say Nautilus' hook didn't hit you," Hyeju read another comment. "You all know that hitbox is completely broken. And I don't rage that much!"

Chaewon laughed. "Poor Hyeju, it's true, she doesn't rage that much. She does a bit sometimes, but it's funny when she does! Ryujin rages more than her, actually."

"Comment that, then," Hyunjin said.

"What, no."

"Why not? Don't you comment on her streams?"

Heat spread across Chaewon's cheeks. "No."

Hyunjin facepalmed. "She would appreciate it, I'm sure."

"I don't have anything to say."

"You could say something like, 'Hyeju doesn't rage that much, but it's cute and funny when she does’. Isn't that what you just told me? She would feel good about it!"

Chaewon knew that, but for some reason, she couldn't come up with commenting anything. She always just watched and lurked.

"But for real, you all should try listening to ASMR," Hyeju said. "I didn't give two s about it, but it really relaxes you a lot. And helps you to fall asleep faster too."

"Yeah, now she's always watching the channel I recommended to her," Ryujin said.

Hyeju blinked faster than usual. "W-What channel?"

"As if you didn't know. The cute girl."

"Oh, r-right. Gowon ASMR."

Chaewon widened her eyes and gasped so hard and loudly she almost choked on herself.

"Are you okay?" Hyunjin hit her back to help her as she coughed.

"S-SHE!" Chaewon shouted, still trying to get a hold of herself and breath properly while pointing at the screen.

A door opened, but Chaewon didn't move. Her eyes were still glued to the stream, her brain processing Hyeju's words. Maybe she heard it wrong.

"What happened?"

Now, Chaewon wiped her torso so fast that something cracked. Jinsol stood by the hallway, her body wrapped in a towel and wet hair down her shoulders, a frown at Chaewon.

"H-Hyeju just mentioned my channel!"

"She what?!" Jinsol dropped her chin. "Your ASMR channel?"

"Yes! Or, did I hear it wrong?" Chaewon faced Hyunjin now, and the girl's cheeks were red as a tomato. "Hyunjin! You heard it too, right? She did say... Gowon ASMR, didn't she?"

"S-She did," Hyunjin said, eyes on the computer screen, and her posture abnormally straight.

"Chaewonie, she knows you!" Jinsol walked into the living room, not minding her... current manners.

"She... knows me."

"But she doesn't know you know her!"

There was silence in the room.

"Are you okay, Hyunjin?" Jinsol asked.

"Y-Yes!"

Chaewon, still not believing her ears, peeked at them, at how Jinsol sat on the couch and then laid a hand on Hyunjins’ shoulder, making her shudder.

"Are you sure? Your face is really hot." Jinsol rested the back of her hand on Hyunjin’s cheek.

"Go put on some clothes, Jinsol!" Chaewon said. She could feel Hyunjin's suffering in her own skin.

"I was going to, but I heard you scream and I had to check if you were okay. But I do need to hurry up, one of my students is coming over soon."

"You have a class today? On a Sunday?"

"Yep, the girl's mom really insisted on it being today, and she's paying me more because it's a Sunday, so, better for me! And she likes me too, you know." Jinsol shot them a smile, but Hyunjin still refused to look at her.

Chaewon shook her head. "Then go before she arrives and you're still in your towel."

"Yes, yes. Are you staying for dinner, Hyunjin?"

"A-Am I?"

"Please? I'm craving your kimchi stew so much. I'm sure Chaewon is too."

"Sure," Chaewon said.

"Alright, I-I'll stay and cook you dinner," Hyunjin said.

Jinsol squealed, and the sound of a kiss made Chaewon look at her side again, shaking her head as she caught on Jinsol leaving a long and loud peck on Hyunjin's cheek. "Thank you, you're the best! I'm gonna go get dressed, then!"

As Jinsol skipped away, Chaewon wondered if Hyunjin was actually feeling okay. When her room's door finally closed, Chaewon approached her, checking her pulse on her wrist.

"Hyunjin?"

Hyunjin's neck turned, her blank stare meeting Chaewon's, and she really looked like a robot. "Hyeju knows you."

"Are you okay?"

Hyunjin blinked, her neck rotating again ahead, and without another word, she dove back into her book.

"Hyunjin.exe stopped working," Chaewon snickered, but then remembered what happened just before Jinsol showed up. "Oh my god, Hyeju mentioned my channel. She knows me. She watches my videos." She paused, taking in a deeper breath. When the stream was over, she had to go rewatch it and make sure she didn't mishear what she said. And if she really had heard it correctly, she would save that bit for all eternity, and maybe set it as an alarm or something?

In a normal situation, Hyunjin would make fun of her. But it would take a bit for her to recover from what just happened with Jinsol. Hyeju was already on another game with Ryujin, but they were both so focused again, no one said a word. Only the sounds of the game and the chillwave kind of music Hyeju always listened to played in the background. She stared at Hyeju, wishing she could increase the little window of her camera so she could see her better. Both Chaewon and Hyunjin were so stunned that neither said a word for a few moments.

The bell rang, startling both girls. Jinsol came running out of her room, dressed in a plaid black and white shirt and tight jeans, with her hair dry now. She opened it, revealing a very tall girl waiting just outside. "Hey, Yuna! Come in!"

"Hi, thank you for receiving me." Yuna bowed and stepped inside, meeting Chaewon's stare on her and giving her a smile. "Hi, good evening."

"H-Hi." Chaewon waved awkwardly. She didn't know any of Jinsol's students, and it was rare to meet them like that.

Hyunjin peeked at them and gave her a nod of her head before shifting her attention to her book. Jinsol led the way to her room with Yuna following, the door closing behind them.

"You know, Jinsol did that on purpose," Chaewon said.

"Did what?"

"I'm not saying she showed up in her towel on purpose because you were here, but staying for so long, sitting beside you, bragging about her student, asking you to stay and cook her dinner, and kissing your cheek? Definitely on purpose."

"Why?" Hyunjin asked, without stopping writing on her book.

"Well, ask her. She's so obvious. I fear she'll think you have absolutely no interest in her and then she'll give up."

Hyunjin turned so fast, her eyes so big on her face, it startled Chaewon. "Stop."

"With what?"

"Don't say that."

Rolling her eyes, Chaewon looked ahead at Hyeju's stream again. The game was more intense now, but she kept her focused expression. A piano song echoed in the house, coming from Jinsol's room, creating a pleasant ambiance.

"I know you panic a lot and Jinsol doesn't help, but why don't you just, I don't know, talk to her? It's not like you're strangers to each other, since you come here a lot and inevitably crushed on her that hard."

Hyunjin narrowed her eyes at her. "You talk as if you do much yourself. You've been watching Hyeju's streams for months, yet you never even left a comment. You know she works at her family's café, and that's not even you stalking her, because Hyeju herself had mentioned Café Rosy so many times, and she even organizes LAN parties there, yet, you never went there and showed your support."

"I don't play the game, how would I go there and participate in a LAN party for a game I don't play?"

"That's just an excuse. You can still go there, tell her you watch her streams all the time, get something to eat there, and boom, you're supporting her."

"I do support her! I donate!"

Hyunjin widened her eyes. "You do?"

Chaewon's cheeks warmed up. "Yes. And I'm a subscriber. I do support her, just... silently. And anonymously. You see the donation bar? It's for a headset and a new keyboard she really wants to buy. The majority of that money was me."

Shaking her head, Hyunjin threw her a judgmental look. "She would be super happy to know that, you know. If only you went there and told her all of that."

"Even if I went there, it wouldn't be to brag about the fact that I've donated a few times."

"Okay, but, she watches your videos. Your face is in those videos. Therefore, she knows you."

"I don't know, Hyunjin. Maybe we heard it wrong."

"Well, push the video back and listen to it again."

"She's live, I can't do that. Only when she's done."

"Then we wait." Hyunjin shrugged and went back to her books, while Chaewon back to Hyeju's stream.

Chaewon never wished for Hyeju to finish a stream, but this time, she was too eager to wait for much longer. What if... she didn't say that after all?

Another game with a victory later, Hyeju wrapped up her stream.

"Thank you everyone who joined us, even though it's Sunday and you could be doing something else. Make sure to eat dinner, and I'll see you tomorrow night, as usual!" Hyeju said, looking straight at the camera with her adorable gummy smile and waving her hands.

Chaewon smiled back as if Hyeju could see it, and the stream was over.

"Okay, replay it," Hyunjin said.

"We need to wait a bit for the replay to be available." Chaewon's hands trembled in anticipation.

She kept pressing the F5 button every five seconds, and at last, it was there. Sharing a look with Hyunjin, she pressed the video and skipped until the end of the first game, where they were teasing Hyeju about the raging. She knew it was somewhere around there, when she mentioned ASMR. And there it was. Her fists balled on her lap, and Hyunjin even scooted closer.

"W-What channel?" Hyeju asked, and Chaewon observed how she seemed nervous all of a sudden when Ryujin started talking about that certain channel.

"As if you didn't know. The cute girl."

"Oh, r-right. Gowon ASMR."

Hyunjin clicked the space bar to pause the video and hit Chaewon's arm. "It's you! And Ryujin said, the cute girl. Cute girl, Chaewon, that's you!"

Chaewon blinked, chin hanging low, eyes on Hyeju on her screen.

Hyeju did mention her channel.

They knew each other, even though Hyeju didn't know about that.

---

A/N: THANK YOU ALL FOR READING THE FIRST CHAPTER! I hope you're enjoying it so far!!! (hyunsoul also strong right from the beginning hehehehehehehe)

The next chapter will be the first in Jisu's POV and the start of her own story, look forward to it! 

Apologies for all the League of Legends jargon, Gowon herself doesn't quite understand it... But I do play the game (unfortunately) and all I wrote were truths kakaka

(Miss Fortune is also my main, Hyeju's taste is impeccable of course)

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic