Negotiation

4 by 4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul-YI arrived at the building where a prestigious producer had his agency.

The  25-year-old singer went there despite not being too excited about the invitation.

The producer welcomed her in person and guided the artist to a big room on the first floor.

To Byul-YI's surprise, the couple Ahn Hyejin and Kim Yongsun were sitting at the meeting table.

The trio knew each other because they worked in the same series 2 years before and the songwriter wasn't a big fan of the oldest girl.

Out of politeness, Byul-YI greeted them and they exchanged some fake smiles.

A cute girl with a deep dimple was sitting at the far end of the table and she seemed extremely uncomfortable.

Trying to be nice, Byul-YI asked if she could sit near the stranger and started a brief chat by introducing herself.

____Hi, I'm Moon Byul-YI. How are you doing?

Making a funny face, the girl murmured:

_____ I know who you are. Everybody knows...Sorry, I'm fine. What about you?

Scratching her nape with an embarrassed smile, the handsome black-haired singer said:

______ I'm not that famous...I'm fine too. So...what's your name?

______ Jung Whee In. Just call me Wheein.

______ Ok. Nice to meet you, Wheein.

The cute girl was about to respond but the producer spoke.

______ Alright, girls. My business associate had a little problem and will arrive later. My apologies. I think we can start our talk.

Ahn Hyejin,  a 24-year-old popular singer, asked:

______ Mr.Smith, I was told that this would be a huge project. Why aren't there more people here? 

______ Hyejin, darling. The information is correct. We've interviewed 723 female singers and actresses so far. Some of them got minor parts. This meeting is about our stars. Each one of you called our attention to your unique talent and personality. Of course, nothing is certain yet. This is why I wanted to talk to you girls.

Kim Yongsun, a 26-year-old actress with a long experience in theater and TV, cleared and said:

_____ I don't mean to be disrespectful, Mr. Smith. But I'm not so sure I fit this project. I confess this invitation puzzled me.

______ What about you, Byul-YI? What do you think of this project?_____ The man smiled.

"I think this is a bomb. What year are we? 1998? Form a fake girl group in a series?_____ The singer and songwriter thought.

Wetting her lips, the dark-haired girl looked around before responding:

______  I'm as puzzled as Yongsun SSI. Why gather a successful pop singer, an awarded theater actress, me, and...Sorry, I don't know Ms. Jung's background...to form a group inside a story? This is the opposite of innovative, Mr. Smith. No offense.

_____ Damn rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter