Endings

Oppa! [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Uaena Fancafe post: 

Broker filming was postponed due to IU’s health issues!

By: Strawberry_jin

Uaenas, let us show our support for our dear Jieun by encouraging her and sending her healthy food. I am worried about her, but I’m glad that she was transparent about needing time to rest. After a rigorous filming schedule for her dramas last year, she deserves to take a breather. 

Fighting, Jieun! We love you!

***

Mina peeked at the stairs one more time to check if Jieun was coming down for lunch. Not even a peep. She even prepared her favorite dish, but it did not even tempt her daughter to come out of her room.

She sighed, shaking her head as she ran out of ideas to coax Jieun out of her head. It’s been a three days since Jieun suddenly came home looking like the whole world is on her shoulders, not even explaining why. Since then, she’s been cooped up in her room, barely speaking and only eating scantily, which worries Mina a lot. 

“This can’t keep on.” She spoke to herself, removing the apron from her waist as she walked towards the stairs leading to Jieun’s room. 

“Jieun-ahhh.” 

She knocked, but there was no indication that Jieun would open the door.

“Jieun-ah. I’m coming in, arasso?”

There was no response. Mina turned the doorknob gently, hoping not to make much noise. 

The lights were off, so the room was slightly dark, but there was light from the window, allowing her to make out Jieun’s frame on the bed. 

It broke her heart seeing Jieun like this. She thought seeing her working herself senselessly was bad; now she knows that she’d rather see her busy with concerts or filming. At least when her daughter is out there doing what she loves, there was a sparkle in her eye that told everyone that she’s happy. 

Mina gently took a seat in the space beside Jieun and rested her hand on her daughter’s shoulder. Jieun was facing the wall, so Mina couldn’t tell if her daughter was asleep. 

Jieun’s back, Mina whispered, “Jieun…..come down and eat. You’re going to kill yourself at this rate.”

Jieun didn’t respond verbally, but she took the ends of the blanket over her head to cover it, obscuring herself from Mina’s view.

Mina sighed, feeling defeated, her heart being squeezed at the sight of her daughter looking completely helpless. Every morning, she would think about which of Jieun’s favorites to cook, only to see her daughter eat very little to nothing at all. 

“Honey, I know it’s difficult..I wish I could take your place so I get hurt instead, but please don’t let yourself get eaten up by your emotions. We’re still here and we love you.” 

She gently kissed Jieun’s head over the blanket, and stood up,  knowing that there is nothing she can say at the moment to make Jieun feel better. 

**

Three days ago

“This is crazy, you know that!” Inna, who just found about the breakup, panicked as Jieun prompted her to park the car faster. “And will you calm down??!!”

“Inna, the gate is about to close, this is my last chance!!”

“Arasso!!”

As soon as the car was parked, Jieun jumped out of the car and ran towards the departure area of Incheon International Airport. 

Run, Jieun!!

“Excuse me!” Jieun repeated, as she wove through the crowd inside the airport. There were media people nearby, stowing their cameras and other equipment, as if whatever it was that they were covering already left. 

“It means he was just here.” She told herself. The Korean media were closely covering Jihoon’s departure to LA for Ninja Assassin as everyone hyped up his return to the Hollywood silver screen. 

She dialled Changmo’s number. hoping against hope that he’ll pick up. Luckily, he did.

“Hey, Jieun.” The male voice on the other line answered. His voice was low and Jieun knew that Changmo didn’t want Jihoon to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter