School love (MinYeon 🔴)

Gidle oneshots

Prompt: Foreign student Minnie getting picked on Soyeon steps in. 

 

Her back hit the locker hard making her wince. As tall and strong as she was she was more of a gentle giant than anything else. She couldn't and wouldn't hurt a fly. So when the bullies started to come for her she just took it and hoped they'd get bored of it. Weeks had passed since then and they had not in fact gotten bored. "Are you going to bring anymore of that Thai food? Or did you tell your mom to stop making it for you? You better not have I was enjoying your mom's cooking." The girl smirked as she punched the locker behind her. "I'll let you off with a warning this time cause it's friday and I'm feeling generous. But if you come back without something delicious next week... You're dead got it little mouse?" She nodded franticly her eyes so wide she looked like she'd seen a ghost. "Good girl." The bully patted her cheek. Although the gesture wasn't especially hard it still felt almost like a slap to the Thai girl who she had spent almost two months torturing. 

 

"Just give us a name we won't do anything to drastic." Minnie heard one voice as she held the phone up to her ear. "We'll just teach her not to mess with our baby sister." A second voice said a bit farther away. Minnie was sitting in a stall in the bathroom hiding as she spoke to her brothers. "I just want to come home. I was stupid trying to come here. I thought it would be like on TV when the girl moves away and falls in love. Stupid Minnie." She was interrupted by Mac. "Hey hey hey stop that." Mic spoke up. "Yeah only we get to call you stupid. If you start doing it you'll put us out of our job." Minnie couldn't help but laugh at them. "That's better. Now turn on your camera let us see." Minnie turned the camera on showing her puffy eyes and red cheeks from crying. "Ah get some toilet paper and dab your eyes your makeup is running." Mac could be seen sitting at a desk in a comfy chair with Mic leaning over the back to get a look. "Listen little sis we love you a lot and we're here any time you want to talk okay?" Both men held up their wrists with matching black bracelets. Minnie smiled at them still sniffling a bit as she lifted her wrist into their view as she also had a matching bracelet. "See the Yontararak bond is strong. Even if you're so far away." Suddenly a woman's voice was heard and the men looked away from the camera. "Oh we have a meeting. Love you Minnie mouse! Remember say the word and we'll deal with everything." She smiled. "Bye love you. Don't work to hard." She waved as she hung up. Her head leaned against the wall behind her as she took a deep breath. "It's almost time to go home then I can hide in my bed all weekend where no one can hurt me..." 

 

'I'm on my way and you can't stop me.' She sighed. "I told this girl not to come she's busy." Her doorbell rang signaling a visitor. Minnie went to the door opening it with an annoyed look. "Yah Cho Miyeon I told you I-" She saw a small woman with piercing eyes and a fierce look on her face. "You're not Miyeon I'm sorry..." The woman shrugged. "She's being slow again. I'm Soyeon you must be Minnie." The Thai girl nodded. "Nice to meet you sorry about that." Soyeon smirked mischievously as she could see Miyeon finally approaching out of the corner of her eye. "That's okay I get annoyed when Miyeon shows up at my place too." She said obviously joking. She just couldn't help herself but to tease the older woman. Miyeon whined a bit and stomped. "I can't believe you two I need new friends." Soyeon looked at her. "Or you could spend time with your hot cheerleader girlfriend that you're avoiding." Miyeon looked flustered. "I'm not avoiding her...I just....I told her I love her and we've only been dating for a month." Minnie rolled her eyes. "Get yourself together Cho you know if she didn't feel the same Soojin would have dumped you on the spot. I've seen her reject people for less." Miyeon pouted. "We're not here to talk about my problems. We're here to talk about yours." Minnie glared at her. "I said I don't want to talk about it. It's embarrassing."

 

They spent the next hour talking about it while Soyeon munched on whatever she could find in Minnie's cabinets. There was a knock on the door and Minnie went to open it. On the other side stood an annoyed looking Soojin. "Where is she?" Minnie moved out of the way. "Wow hi Soojin nice to see you too. She's where she always is." Soojin walked into the dining room. "Yah Cho Miyeon! You know how many people are trying to date me? But you make me hunt you down. You're lucky I love you." Miyeon's face went from a look of betrayal to fear to jealousy to shock. "You love me? Like actually? Not like a friend or something like that?" Soojin rolled her eyes. It was no secret that Miyeon was very insecure. She didn't believe she was good enough for Soojin even though the girl always reassured her. "Yes dummy now come on you're taking me on a date and we're getting that restaurant I like to make up for running away from me for two days." Miyeon stood immediately nodding obediently. "Minnie you can make sure Soyeon gets home safely right? Goodnight seeya later." She left without awaiting an answer. 

 

Soyeon stood awkwardly her hand halfway in a box of cheesy crackers. Her eyes flicked to Minnie then back at the door. "Well... You don't have to-" Minnie started to put on her jacket. "It's cold you didn't bring a jacket?" Soyeon shook her head. "Here borrow mine it'll be big but that's just extra warm. " She held up another one for the girl to put on. Soyeon slid her arms into the much to long sleeves and let Minnie zip it up for her. "You really don't have to do any of this. I can walk home alone." Minnie shook her head. "Don't worry about it let's go before it gets dark." She grabbed her keys and headed out waiting for the girl. 

 

The two walked in near silence for a good fifteen minutes when Soyeon cleared . "This is me. Here let me-" She tried to take off the jacket and give it to Minnie but the older girl smiled and shook her head. "I'll get it back later you're gonna get cold walking up there." Soyeon stared at her for a moment. "Thank you... You're to kind. I don't understand how anyone can hurt you especially on purpose." Minnie gave her a sad smile. "Being a foreigner makes some people mad. But it won't always be that way, hopefully." Minnie looked up at the sky and saw the sunsetting. "Go on in I'll wait til I see you're inside." Soyeon bowed to her. "Next time then. Get home safe." Minnie bowed back and smiled as she watched Soyeon scurry into the house. 

 

Monday morning came almost like a speeding bullet the weekend flew by in no time as she had worked extra hard at the cafe. "Hey little mouse! Did you bring what you were told?" Minnie huffed a bit. "I couldn't cook this weekend. I was to busy at work." The girl glared at her "So you really do want a beating huh?" She pulled her arm back ready to punch and Minnie closed her eyes. After a few seconds without the impact she was expecting Minnie opened her eyes. What she saw shocked her. There was Soyeon the tiny Korean girl who she had met only days before holding the bullies arm twisted behind her back. "Step off." The bully struggled. "Let me go I'll make sure you can't walk for a long time!" She threatened fruitlessly. Soyeon wrenched her arm up more behind her back as she took a sip of her coffee. "Say you're sorry. Then I'll leave you alone." The bully struggled for a few more seconds before giving up. "Fine! I'm sorry! There I said it let me go!" Soyeon let the girl go and stared at her. "You see Minnie here? If I find out you've so much as looked at her wrong ever again I'll break that arm and you know I can. You know who my friends are." The bully nodded and walked away massaging her shoulder. 

 

Minnie stared at Soyeon shocked. "Are you crazy what if she'd hurt you. I wouldn't forgive myself if you got hurt defending me." Soyeon smirked. "You haven't been here long enough to know I guess." Soyeon leaned against the wall taking a sip of her coffee. Her eyes closed as she savored the taste. Minnie was almost sure she'd fallen asleep leaning against the wall until she spoke up. "Miyeons girlfriend Soojin. She and I have been friends for years. Now she's the hot cheerleader. But before that she became a taekwondo black belt and the youth champion of the entire country. She only stopped when she won it all. Then she hung up her gi and took up cheerleading instead." Minnie's eyes widened comically. "If you had allowed Miyeon to tell her she would help you. She teaches free self defense classes on Sundays. And of course there's private tutoring for the lucky few she considers to be friends." Soyeon had obviously been apart of the training at least a few times. Minnie knew she would probably be better off learning at least some basic stuff but just the thought of even hurting someone in self defense made her feel queasy. "I don't think I could ever hit someone. I just don't have it in me." Soyeon shrugged. "Well I can't always be around but..." She took out a pen taking Minnie's hand. The action made the taller woman blush. She watched as Soyeon scrawled her name and number across her palm. "If I see anything in my contact on your phone about me being short I'll make sure you regret it." She glared at Minnie. The taller woman smiled cheekily. "If I write it in Thai you'll have no clue." Soyeon glares for a moment more before breaking into laughter. "Clever very clever. I heard that bully call you mouse. Is that an off limits nickname or... I dunno it seems pretty fitting for you." Minnie blushed her hand finding it's way to the nape of her neck as she shrugged shyly. "I mean My brothers call me Minnie mouse and my ex called me it too..." Soyeon nodded. "Your ex? Did he use it in a nice 'You're cute like a mouse.' or like You're just a defenseless mouse.' type of way. I don't want you to get negative feelings from any nickname I call you." 

 

Minnie felt a bit taken aback by the care she put into making up a name for her. But here she was taking care not to upset her. "Well she said it was cause I was cute..." Soyeon nodded. "Great then Minnie mouse it is. I didn't know you have brothers. Are they here or back in Thailand?" Minnie smiled a bit. "Thailand. They graduated and are working in the family business. That's kinda why I'm here. My dad wants to start a Korean branch one day and you kinda have to know something about Korea so he sent me to finish my studies here..." She looked down playing with her bracelet. "I miss them a lot.." Soyeon took her hand lifting her arm up a bit so she could see better. She slid Minnie's sleeve ever so slightly so she could see the inscription in the small silver center piece of the bracelet. 'MNM' The Ms were slightly bigger than the N in the middle. Soyeon looked up at her. "Am I allowed to know what this means?" Minnie smiled softly. "Well the Ms are for Mic and Mac. The N is for Nicha.. Me I'm Nicha well my real name is Nicha Minnie is a nickname that stuck. My brothers have the same bracelet. They call it the Yontararak bond. It's kinda stupid I know but it does make me feel better." Soyeon shook her head. "It's sweet. Side note I can't believe I was coming up with a nickname for a nickname. Identity theft is not a joke Nicha you know how strict Disney is." She joked. She and Minnie both started laughing. 

 

Suddenly a loud voice could be heard. "Hey Soyeon stop flirting and help me please." The two looked down the hall to see Yuqi with a sleeping taiwanese girl on her back carrying both of their bookbags on her arms. "Yuqi why do you do this to yourself?" Minnie rushed to take the bags from her. "She twisted her ankle and couldn't walk." Yuqi said as if it was the simplest answer in the world. "Besides I love her I can't leave her behind even for a second." Shuhua had woken up already but not opened her eyes. Hearing what Yuqi said made her smile widely. "I love you too. But you really didn't have to carry me the whole way." Yuqi wiggled a bit readjusting shuhua on her back as she had slipped down a bit. "Well you really didn't have to do a lot of things that you did for me just cause you love me. So we'll call it even." She looked at Soyeon again. "Will you tell the teacher we're in the nurse's office. We'll get there as soon as possible." Soyeon nodded. "Speaking of we should get to class." She moved to take the bags from Minnie but she didn't let her. "I'll carry them lead the way." Soyeon shook her head. "Come on isn't your class far away I don't want you to be late." Minnie smiled. "I've got it. And I can still make it as long as we go now." Soyeon sighed and led the way. 

 

Weeks passed and the two girls got closer. Soyeon even convinced her to take a few of Soojin's lessons in case one of them wasn't around to help. Everything was looking up for Minnie. She was sitting at the lunch table surrounded by her friends when she got a video call from her brothers. "Hey Minnie mouse are you at lunch?" Mic asked. Minnie smiled and nodded. "No I'm not I'm just eating in the cafeteria for no reason." Mac could be seen dramatically holding his chest. "What happened to our sweet baby sister? Who taught you to use this sarcasm?" Soyeon leaned in resting her head on Minnie's shoulder. "That would be me. I'm Soyeon nice to see the famous Mic and Mac." Mic looked at Mac with a grin. "She talks about us. Does she say good things? Of course she does were the best big brothers ever." Mac tapped his chin looking at Mic mischievously. "Say Mic. Soyeon sounds pretty familiar don't you think. I think we might have heard about her a time or two something about a c-" They were cut off as Minnie pretended to drop her phone hitting the hang up button. "Oh crap. Well I'll call them back later." Soojin looked at Minnie with a knowing smile as the taller girls feelings were very obvious.  Soyeon poked Minnie's cheek. "Hey hey call them back I want juicy Mini Minnie stories. I need to know the details with which to properly tease you." Minnie crinkled her nose. "I was gonna call them after school anyway." Soyeon nodded. "So I'm coming home with you then?" Minnie widened her eyes. "Uhh if you want to you can it'll be boring." She was planning to call and yell at them for almost exposing her. She would have to do it in text form instead. "I told you I need the Mini Minnie stories. I'll become your own personal reporter." Minnie laughed incredulously. "I thought you were my personal body guard?" Soyeon smirked. "I have many skills." 

 

Yuqi threw a piece of bread at the two. "Boo stop flirting it's gross." Soyeon glared at her. "You call this flirting I could do way better. Minnie mouse wouldn't stand a chance. Besides you're just mad that Shuhuas not here for you to fawn over." Yuqi looked grumpy. "Stupid school play taking her away from me." Soojin rolled her eyes. "Miyeon's there and you don't see me complaining do you?" Yuqi laid her head on the table. "I'm sorry I'm a simp is that what you want to hear?" Soojin ignored her and looked at Minnie. "Weren't you thinking about trying out for the play what happened?" Minnie shook her head. "I couldn't do it I'd mess it up." Soyeon tilted her head. "Wait didnt you spend like a whole week learning that monologue? You've still got time go hurry." Soyeon nudged her encouraging her to get up and go. She looked at Soojin and Yuqi for help but they didn't. "Go go I'm tired of watching you flirting." Minnie sighed and went to the auditions. 

 

She appeared beside Miyeon whispering. "Am I to late please tell me I'm to late." Miyeon looked at her. "Your name is at the end of the list so no you're actually just in time." She gestured with her chin as Shuhua finished delivering a monologue on stage. Several other students cheered for the taiwanese girl as well as the director. "That was very good your pronunciation is getting better. Maybe soon we can put you as a lead?" Shuhua nodded smiling. "I'll tell you when I'm ready." She came to stand beside Miyeon and Minnie. "How'd I do?" Miyeon patted her head. "Very good. Ready to watch Minnie?" She nodded and smiled at the older girl. "You'll do great. Maybe you'll even get to be the second lead with Miyeon." Miyeon was the leading actress in almost all plays put on by the school at this point auditions were just a formality. As well as a way for her to help scout out students with potential. Minnie's name was called and she took a deep breath as she made her way to the center of the stage. "And Miss Yontararak what monologue will you be reading?" She suddenly felt like she was going to be sick but didn't want to disappoint her friends. "It's a bit unconventional but I... It's a monologue from a TV show." The director shrugged. "Carry on then." 

 

She cleared and focused. Almost as if something switched in her the scared mouse was gone and suddenly she was a twenty something year old grieving the loss of an important person to her. "I don't understand! I don't understand how this all happens. How we go through this. I mean, I knew her, and then she's..." She paused for a second taking a breath. "There's just a body! And I don't understand why she just can't get back in it and not be dead anymore! It's stupid! It's mortal and stupid!" She raised her voice with each sentence punctuating the lines perfectly. "And Xander's crying and not talking, and, and I was having fruit punch, and I thought, well Joyce will never have any more fruit punch, ever, and she'll never have eggs, or yawn or brush her hair, not ever, and no one will explain to me why!" Without realizing she had gotten into it and had tears running down her face. As she finished she bowed shyly as she wiped the tears away. For a moment it was silent. 'Was it that bad?' She asked herself. The seconds ticked by as she waited for instructions to leave and not come back. Suddenly everyone in the room was cheering for her. "I see... Miyeon it seems this time you will have a female love interest. I am sure that will not be a bother for you?" Miyeon smiled and shook her head. "No I'm fine with kissing Minnie she's my best friend after all." 

 

Minnie walked off of the stage looking nervous still but excited as well. She was met by all of their friends. As Soojin Yuqi and Soyeon had come to watch as well. Soojin glared at her jokingly. "So you're trying to kiss my girlfriend huh?" She smiled. "That was really good. I'm excited to watch." Yuqi was standing there looking like a hyper child. "You did so good! I almost actually believed someone died!" She looked at Soyeon awaiting the most important verdict of all. "You did good. But you better be careful Soojin won't take to kindly to you trying to steal her girlfriend." She joked. Minnie laughed softly looking down shyly. "I love Miyeon like my sister. She's not exactly the person I've had my eye on." Shuhua widened her eyes looking at Minnie. "I knew it! I knew you had a girlfriend!" Minnie shook her head frantically. "No no no! I don't have a girlfriend! I'm basically invisible here." Soyeon looked a little annoyed. "Say that to the group of girls trying to wait their turn to talk to you. Probably wanna shoot their shot with the new upcoming star." She glared at them. " off she's busy with her real friends." Minnie took Soyeon's hand. "Hey it's fine they're not bothering me." Soyeon took her hand away feeling the jealousy bubble up. "Well they're bothering me!" She rolled her eyes and turned to walk back to the cafeteria. Minnie was shocked but just followed quietly. 

 

A few more weeks went by and Miyeon and Minnie practiced nearly every day but they never actually did the kiss scene. Every time they would meet up to practice Soojin would be there of course but so was Soyeon. It was the night of the play and Miyeon was as cool and collected as ever. Minnie however... "Hey calm down." Soyeon stopped Minnie from pacing around backstage. "How can I be calm there's a lot of people. I'm gonna do terrible and I'll never live it down..." Soyeon rolled her eyes. "You're going to do amazing you're amazing they're going to love you. Just like everyone who knows you does." Minnie looked like she was gonna cry as she stared into Soyeon's eyes. Soyeon cupped her cheek. They had gotten bolder with thier affection but had never gone past what could be considered normal for friends. "Minnie..." Soyeon cleared . "I'm gonna do something really quick if you'll let me..." Minnie was confused but she trusted Soyeon with her whole heart by now. 

 

The seconds ticked as Soyeon seemed to be summoning courage from who knows where. Suddenly she leaned in kissing Minnie softly on the lips. After a moment she responded holding the smaller woman close to her. Minnie Heard the director speaking. "Minnie wrap this up you're on in three." They broke apart Minnie's face was bright red. "What was that for?" Soyeon smiled softly. "A distraction. Also I can't let Miyeon be there first one to kiss you when I've been thinking about it so long." Minnie smiled shyly and kissed her again holding her waist for a moment till she had to go on stage. "We'll talk later. Go show everyone how amazing you are." Soyeon went to the audience and watched the play. 

 

The play was amazing everything was going well. Miyeon Minnie and Shuhua all performed their best impressing the whole crowd. The final scene came and it was time for their kiss. Minnie walked across the stage her eyes on Miyeon. She grabbed her waist pulling her close. "Don't leave me my darling. I know I don't have a lot to give. But I assure you I have plenty of love to share." She leaned in and quickly kissed Miyeon. The crowd cheered as the two stayed close til the curtains fell. The entire time Soyeon and Soojin covering each others eyes. 

 

After the show once they were out of costume Yuqi Soojin and Soyeon were let back stage. Yuqi of course immediately ran to Shuhua hugging her tightly speaking excitedly in Mandarin. "Baobei you did so good I'm so proud! You're a star!" Soojin took a wet towel and wiped Miyeons lips before giving her a peck. "There like it never even happened." Miyeon chuckled softly pulling Soojin into a hug. "Did I make you proud?" Soojin rolled her eyes. "I'm always proud dummy." Minnie stood shyly looking at Soyeon. The shorter girl was glaring at her with her arms crossed. "Yep I hated it." Minnie pouted. "Was I that bad? I-i thou-" 

 

She was cut off by Soyeons lips on her own making her blush. The shorter girl pulled away. "You didn't let me finish. You were to good it almost looked like you were really in love with Miyeon. I didn't like it." Minnie grinned. "Does that mean..." Soyeon had a faint blush across her cheek but tried to look tough as to hide her embarrassment. "It means you're mine now and I need you to figure out how to kiss people without actually kissing people cause Soojin wouldn't take to kindly to me hitting her girlfriend every time you act together." Minnie leaned down and kissed her again pulling her in by her waist. Miyeon took a picture of them secretly. "They'll thank me later." She whispered to Soojin who just smiled and shook her head at her dork of a girlfriend.

 

Note: Okay so maybe I got really into this concept I still don't ship it but the concept was fun to write.