Cooking up love (SoyJin🟢)

Gidle oneshots

Prompt: Cooking class

 

"I don't want to go I don't cook. You know that." Soyeon protested. "Come on please. That girl I've been talking to will be there and I don't want to go alone. The teacher is hot. She's the reason why Shuhua is in trouble in fact." Soyeon rolled her eyes. "Shuhua is always in trouble. Miyeon gets jealous to easy and Shuhua is to much of a flirt." Yuqi sighed softly. "I still wish you'd come. The teacher is totally your type. " Soyeon rolled her eyes. "Fine but if she makes me eat even a single veggie..." Yuqi cheered. "I'll eat them for you don't worry." 

 

Friday night rolled around time for the cooking class. Yuqi all but dragged a groaning Soyeon inside the building. A tall girl with a bright smile waited for them. "Yuqi hey! You must be Soyeon nice to meet you!" Soyeon bowed politely. "And you're Minnie?" The woman nodded. "Minnie unnie." Yuqi hugged the older woman. "Did miss Seo say what we're cooking today?" Minnie made a face. "Stop with that Miss Seo nonsense. Soojin said we're making some sort of pasta I don't know I just allow her to feed me." Soyeon looked confused. "Oh she's the teachers roommate." Soyeon nodded. "Oh speaking of she wants to properly meet you so she said to bring you over after class and she'll make us desert. You can come too Soyeon." Soyeon nodded. "Thank you." 

 

As they walked into the class they could see a few men and women there already drooling over Soojin. Seeing Minnie and the others Soojin smiled. "Minnie good to see you made it and Yuqi you brought a friend. This one won't yell in the middle of class right?" Yuqi blushed a bit. "I'm sorry about that my cousin can't behave herself. She thinks your very pretty for the record." Soojin chuckled. "Well she's pretty cute but I think her wife might kill her if she's not careful." Soyeon sighed. "If Miyeon had the heart to Shuhua would be long gone. I'm Soyeon by the way nice to meet you." Soojin smiled. "I'm Soojin. Don't tell the other students they might think they have a chance with me." Soyeon wiggled her eyebrows playfully. "Does that mean I do?" She was expecting an eye roll a laugh a hit maybe even but not what happened next. "Maybe if you play your cards right." Soojin winked at her. Soyeon nearly choked. Soojin just laughed. "Jin what have I told you about trying to kill people with your flirting." Minnie sighed. "She flirted first. I couldn't help myself. Soyeon I am sorry for nearly killing you. And as far as having a chance well if you're a friend of Yuqi's and I can trust you're a good person them who knows." Soyeon having recovered mostly said. "I don't know that I'd call us friends." She lied. Yuqi looked offended Soojin just chuckled. "It's almost time to start. Go sit." Soojin took her place at the front of the class. 

 

The class was going smoothly but Soyeon dreaded the veggies she would have to put in the pan. "Okay now you're gonna want to add at least half a cup of spinach you can add up to a cup of you like it more." Soyeon picked up the bowl with the freshly washed green leaves in it. She put a little less than half a cup into the pan. Soojin came up beside her and added a little more herself. "Come on miss picky. Your chances won't be very good if you won't eat your veggies." Soojin whispered teasing her. Soyeons face turned bright red as she nodded. 

 

A groan was heard not to far away coming from a man nearby. "She's got a girlfriend we stand no chance." He whispered to the man beside him. Soojin having heard them rolled her eyes. "If that's the only reason you came to my class then you should not come back next time. That goes for everyone if you're only here because of how I look and not how I cook then we will have a problem." Several people could be seen looking uncomfortable. "My girlfriend here doesn't take to kindly to people doing that kind of thing. Right honey?" Soojin looked at Soyeon hoping she got the hint. "Yeah she's mine and I intend to keep her even when we're both old and wrinkly." Soojin smiled softly. "I'll never be wrinkly only you honey." She blew a kiss and went back to the front of the class. She quickly got everyone back on track and soon it was done. "Okay everyone I hope you had fun and I hope you enjoy your meal. I'll see you next week for whoever shows up."

 

 Soojin smiled and then went to where Soyeon was. She leaned in and whispered to her. "Thank you for the help earlier. I'm tired of being gawked at." Soyeon smiled at her and nodded. "No problem anything for you." She said the last bit a little louder so people being nosy could hear. Soojin noticed and smiled leaning in and placing a kiss on Soyeons cheek so that no one would doubt their fake relationship. "You ready to go home?" She asked taking her hand. Soyeon nodded a blush creeping up her cheek. "Yeah let's go I want my dessert." Soojin smiled and grabbed her bag before walking with Soyeon to her car. "I was gonna ride with Minnie but I think I'll be a third wheel. Would you mind? We're all going to the same place right?" Soyeon smiled and nodded opening the door for Soojin. She looked and saw Minnie with Yuqi against the car kissing her. She got into the car. "Bout time maybe she can stop whining about how to get Minnie to notice her." Soojin snorted laughing. "Minnie has been doing the same. Ugh they're gonna be doing gross couple stuff at the apartment now aren't they?" Soyeon laughed and nodded. "For sure. Lucky for me I live alone and never even let Yuqi try to move in with me." Soojin looked at Soyeon. "So that means I can come hide at your place from time to time then?" Soyeon blushed and nodded. "If you want to. I see no reason why not." Soojin stared at her for a moment with a smile. "You agreed so easily. What if I was some creepy stalker?" Soyeon shrugged. "Well then you're the most beautiful stalker I've ever seen." It was Soojin's turn to blush. "What a smooth talker." 

 

They chatted easily the whole ride to Soojin and Minnie's apartment. "Hey uhh Soojin." Soojin smiled at her. "Yes?" Soyeon played with her fingers a bit. "Could I have your number? You know so we can be friends I think we'd be good friends." Soojin chuckled. "And to think I was gonna give it to you so I could flirt with you." Soyeon blushed again. "Stop that. I want to be friends first." Soojin softened a bit. "Fine we can just be friends for now." Soyeon nodded. "I just... You shouldn't have to wonder if someone is only with you cause of how you look. Cause you are so incredibly beautiful." Soojin smiled at her. "I can already tell we're gonna get along really well." Soojin opened the door. "Come on let's go in I'll let you help me with dessert."

 

Two and a half months passed and they had made a routine out of it. Every friday Soyeon attended Soojin's cooking class and every Friday she drove Soojin home. The woman would invite her in and together they would make dessert and watch a movie. 

 

Soyeon watched the clock. Five more minutes til she could leave. "Hey. How's my favorite cousin? We're going to the bar after work me and a bunch of the other girls from our department. Are you up for it?" Soyeon looked at her and shook her head. "Sorry Somi I've got-" She was cut off. "A date I know. Why don't you have her come with?" Soyeon shook her head. "It's not a date and she's got a class to teach we can't just go to the bar." Somi rolled her eyes. "You can come after the class we're not meeting til seven anyway. Come on I'm curious to meet the woman who's got my stone cold cousin so infatuated anyway." Soyeon sighed. "I'll bring it up but no promises." Somi cheered. "Can't wait!" Soyeon sighed softly. 'Everyone's gonna be flirting with her.' 

 

Once class ended Soojin came to Soyeon with a smile. "You ready to go?" Soyeon smiled and nodded. "Yes but uh... I promised my cousin I'd ask we really don't have to go we can just do our normal thing but uhh..." Soojin smiled taking Soyeon's hand. "Spit it out. We can't do anything if you won't say it." Soyeon pouted at the woman's teasing. "She wants us to go to the bar with her and some work friends. I told her no but she insisted that I ask at least." Soojin smiled at her. "We can go. I haven't been to a bar in a while. You know how I love to dance." Soyeon smiled. "I still don't know how you manage to go from your day job teaching dance to teaching a cooking class after. You're really amazing." Soojin gently nudged her. "Stop it it's not that much. We should go though I need to change I don't want to meet your cousin looking like this." Soyeon pouted. "Why, are you trying to impress her?" Soojin smirked playfully. "Well if she's even half as cute as you..." Seeing the annoyed look forming on Soyeon's face she smiled. "I was only joking. I don't want your friends or your cousin thinking you hang around with a slob. I won't be flirting with your cousin." Soyeon tried to pretend she wasn't jealous. "Doesn't matter to me you can flirt with who you want." Soojin rolled her eyes with a smile. Luckily she found the girls jealous side adorable. "If I can flirt with anyone I want does that mean I can flirt with you?" Soyeon blushed and left to the car still holding Soojin's hand pulling her with. "Do you think I could borrow something of yours to wear?" 

 

As they arrived at the bar Soyeon adjusted the skirt and top that Soojin had given her. They were a little big due to her small size but according to Soojin they looked great on her. "There she is." Soyeon pointed to Somi across the bar. Soojin smiled and took Soyeon's hand again lacing their fingers together. She looked at the smaller woman gently adjusting her hair a bit. "You can stop being so nervous I promise I won't embarrass you in front of them." Soyeon puffed her cheeks. "It's not you I'm worried about. Just... Don't listen to my cousin. She's gonna say all sorts of weird stuff." 

 

They made their way to the girl who squealed immediately upon seeing them. "Soyeonnie your girlfriend is so pretty!" Soyeon sighed softly. "Somi I told you she's not my girlfriend." Soojin pouted a bit which Somi noticed. "Okay fine. So that means I can shoot my shot? Cause she really is gorgeous. And she must be a saint putting up with you all the time." Soyeon tightened her grip on Soojin's hand a bit causing Soojin to run her thumb across the back. "I guess if you want to. You're both adults I won't stop you." Soojin leaned her head on Soyeon's shoulder. "Sorry Somi I am not really available I'm waiting for a certain someone to decide she's waited long enough to finally ask me out." Somi getting who she was talking about smiled. "You could just ask her yourself." Soojin hummed. "I might have to if she doesn't get a clue soon." 

 

Soojin and Soyeon sat at a table with a few more friends. "So Soojin-shi. I heard you were a dancer. Maybe later we could go out to the dance floor and you could show me some moves?" A man who Soyeon barely knew asked. Soojin looked at Soyeon to see her staring grumpily down at her drink. "I think I'll have to decline I'm sorry." He looked embarrassed. "Ah yeah no problem..." Soojin leaned in to Soyeon. "Hey grumpy gills. If you want to dance we can go." Soyeon looked at her. "You don't have to you can go with him. I won't blame you I know he's pretty charming." Soojin rolled her eyes. "Jeon Soyeon. I don't care how charming he is. I want to dance with you and only you." Soyeon looked up at her a little shocked. "I-" Soojin looked at her with a slight pout. "Let's go dance then. I'm sorry." She stood up taking Soojin's hand leading her to the dance floor. 

 

As they danced Soojin looked down at Soyeon. "I'm sorry for getting impatient with you." Soyeon shook her head. "I should've just danced with you like you asked." Soojin pulled away a bit. "Hey if you don't want to dance you don't have to. I just... I kinda thought you'd like to. I mean I thought you liked me. You were acting all cute and jealous I..." Soyeon looked a bit embarrassed. "I-I do like you it's just... I get insecure a lot and you're like... Amazing and everyone wants to flirt with you and they're all great choices of someone to date." Soojin gently pulled her into a corner of the room with an empty table. She sat down with Soyeon at it. "Soyeon. Please listen to me. You're also a great choice. An amazing choice. You look at yourself and you see someone who's not that great. But I see a lot more. I see the cute dork who lets me watch the notebook every week. The woman who caught a spider for me and even gave him a name while I was telling you to throw him outside. Hell you wrote a whole song for my dance class. In two days. You are also amazing. Even more so. This has turned into a speech but... Soyeon I like you. Only you. No one else has even slightly compared to you. I want to dance with you I want to cook with you I want to watch stupid long movies about your favorite cartoon with you." Soyeon whispered. "It's an anime." Soojin couldn't help but chuckle. "Whatever it is. Soyeon I want you only you. Got it?" Soyeon nodded. "Does this mean..." Soojin held her hand. "Jeon Soyeon you're my girlfriend. We're dating now. I'm not giving you a choice got it?" Soyeon nodded blushing. "I finally got a girlfriend... I finally got a girlfriend!" She looked excited. 

 

She jumped up on her chair looking for her cousin. "Somi! She's mine now! No touchy!" Soojin blushed gently pulling Soyeon down. "Okay okay stop that. You're embarrassing me." Soyeon blushed and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry I got a little excited..." Soojin smiled and hugged her. "I'll forgive you this time. Should we go back to your friends now that no one's going to be trying to flirt with me?" Soyeon pouted. "They better not try." She held a chucking Soojin's hand and went back to her friends. 

 

Note: Now it's time for my favorite ships for the members. And what I've learned here is Shuhua is very shippable for me.