Secret lovers (Mishu💖💖💖)

Gidle oneshots

Prompt: School rivals who are secretly dating. 

 

"Minnie unnie! Did you hear?" Shuhua looked excited as she glanced to the side to make sure Miyeon would hear. "Yes Shu I'm very proud. Keep up the good work." Miyeon who was focused on her notes didn't even bother to look up. "What was it this time? A B plus?" Shuhua crossed her arms. "No it was an A plus thank you. What about you? Been studying so hard because you finally realized you can't count past twelve?" She insulted the girl. "Twelve Thirteen Fourteen. All numbers higher than your age. And maybe IQ." Miyeon retorted. Shuhua huffed indignantly. "You don't have to be so jealous. Just cause I got bumped up a few grades." Miyeon hummed as she flipped her page. "We all know you got bumped up because Yuqi did. They didn't want you to feel bad about your cousin being so far ahead." 

 

Minnie cleared . "Ehem first don't bring Yuqi into this. Second can you two please. Just for once stop this arguing. I just want one day is that to much to ask for?" Shuhua looked at her. "I'm sorry Minnie unnie you know you're my favorite future cousin-in-law in the world." Shuhua hugged the tall Thai girl. "I'm your only future cousin-in-law. Anyway... I really wish you two could get along for even a minute your arguing stresses everyone out. Yuqi is close to pulling her hair out and Soojin well... She's gonna hit one of you for real one of these days. Especially since she has to room with the two of you." Shuhua looked ashamed but Miyeon simply nodded. "If she would stop trying to brag about every little thing that the rest of us do-" Minnie crossed her arms looking annoyed. "Fine. I'll stop." 

 

The class bell rang and Miyeon gathered her stuff. "Shuhua would you tell Soojin not to wait up for me for dinner I'll be in the library again I have a project to work on." Shuhua looked a little annoyed but tried to hide it. "You're going on another date with that guy huh?" Miyeon didn't react but said. "No it's not a date. He's a classmate who I happen to work well with." Shuhua nodded. "Who happens to totally have a thing for you." Miyeon sighed. "It doesn't matter if he has a thing for me or not I'm not interested and you know that." Miyeon leveled a serious look at the younger girl who just nodded. "Fine I'll tell her." She stomped out. Minnie looked a bit confused but brushed it off.

 

Miyeon sat at the table quietly reading as she waited for her partner to show up. He was already twenty minutes late. Suddenly there was a bag dropped on the table beside her causing her to look up. There she saw Shuhua pulling a bento out of the bag for her. "Here I don't want you to starve." Miyeon looked around the library making sure no one was around before she wrapped her arm around the girls waist. She pulled her close placing a soft kiss on her cheek. "Thank you angel. Did you eat before you came?" Shuhua shook her head. "You know I don't like to eat without you..." Miyeon pulled her gently to sit down. "Then we'll share. Doesn't seem like my partners showing up anyway." Shuhua looked around a bit nervous. "I'll just wait. We might get caught." Miyeon pouted softly. "You better promise to eat when you get home." Shuhua nodded. "I love you." Shuhua blushed a bit. "I love you too. If he doesn't show up soon come home." Miyeon nodded. "I will I promise." Shuhua got up about to leave when said partner came up to them. Shuhua looked annoyed but pretended it was at Miyeon. "There I brought you your stupid food. I'll be leaving now don't bother calling again. You've gotten your one favor of the day." Shuhua stomped out of the library. 

 

Miyeon watched the girl leaving with a sigh. She hated having to hide their relationship but she knew it was for the best. If they got caught they could be separated. Shuhua's parents were supportive of their daughter. They didn't care who she loved or why she loved them. They only wanted her to be healthy and happy. Miyeon's parents on the other hand were less supportive. She could remember once she had mentioned a friend of hers who liked girls. Her parents flew into a rage and forbade her from ever seeing the girl again. 

 

When Miyeon finally accepted herself she also accepted the fact that she would never be able to love openly while under their iron grip. She dated a few guys as to not raise suspicions until she met a cute foreign exchange student. Yeh Shuhua. She fell in love almost instantly. The girl along with her cousin was incredibly smart and tested well above her own age level giving her the opportunity to skip a few grades. Which in turn gave the two the opportunity to get closer. And that they did. Until the kiss. Miyeon had been so torn. She wanted so badly to stand on the rooftop and declare her love for the girl. Tell everyone how nothing and no one had ever made her more happy. But she couldn't. She knew if she tried she'd be transfered like that. So they came up with a plan. The two pretended to hate each other. At each other's throats constantly so that no one would suspect a thing. But at night once they were alone Shuhua would sneak into Miyeon's room and the two would be free to be their true loving selves. 

 

Suddenly Miyeon was snapped out of her thoughts by the boy in front of her. "Hello? Are you listening?" Miyeon blinked. "Sorry lost in thought." He smiled a bit. "That's fine your thinking face is really cute." Miyeon cringed a bit. Shuhua was right this boy seriously had a thing for her. "I was just asking if you'd like to go to the dance with me this Friday. I know it's kinda sudden to be asking but I was kinda nervous." Miyeon smiled politely. "I'm sorry I can't go I've got to much to do." His face dropped. He looked embarrassed and devastated at the same time. "O-oh okay no problem... W-well if you change your mind..." He bowed. "U-uh well I've already done my part of the project I'll just... Email it all to you... See you around Miyeon-shi." He began to speed walk to the exit. 

 

Miyeon sighed rubbing her temples. "Not this again. I was really hoping to keep this partner around a little longer." Miyeon having been through this a few times already knew how this went. He asks her out. She lets him down gently. They never work together again. It always happened to her. She began to pack her stuff. At least this meant she might be able to eat dinner with Shuhua if she hurried. 

 

As she got to the dorm she saw Shuhua at the table her food half finished. "Where's Soojin?" Shuhua rolled her eyes. "I don't know. Do I look like I've got a tracker on her?" Soojin stepped out of the kitchen and smiled at Miyeon. "You're back early everything okay?" Soojin asked innocently. "Oh yeah. It happened again." Soojin sighed. "You know maybe you should give one of these guys a chance sometime." Shuhua stiffened visibly at the suggestion. "I would love to but I just can't risk my grades." She reasoned. "You'll be just as stupid with or without a boyfriend. Might as well have some fun." Shuhua stabbed her food annoyed. Miyeon sat beside the girl at the table and began to eat. "Well I don't want to. It's a waste of time. Besides I've told you before. There's only one person for me and I have to wait til I graduate for that." Soojin sat between the two. "I wish you'd tell me more about him." Miyeon smiled softly. "I've told you all I can. He's a little taller than me he's got really pretty black hair big brown eyes. He's really really smart and every time he does well I want to tell him how proud I am. Also he has a secret soft side only for me. Oh and he speaks Mandarin." Soojin rolled her eyes. "And I've told you. If I didn't know you were talking about a man I would think you were talking about Shuhua. You've got to be more descriptive." Shuhua scoffed. "As if I'd ever date Miyeon. I have standards." Soojin kicked Shuhua's leg. "Stop that. Miyeons gorgeous and smart any man who gets to date her will be lucky. Same with you. Except a girl of course. Speaking of you and that girl what's her name. I thought you two were hitting it off pretty well what happened there?" Shuhua saw a flicker of jealousy in Miyeons eye. "Nothing. I told you we were just friends. She made a move and I rejected her. End of story. I'm not trying to date. It's a waste of time." 

 

That night Shuhua laid against Miyeon's chest as they cuddled. "Why didn't you tell me about Hyewon?" It had clearly been bothering her for a bit. Shuhua sat up and looked at her. "I thought since we didn't get a lot of time to ourselves I shouldn't say anything. I turned her down so it doesn't matter and I don't want to spend the little bit of time I have with you with you acting all pouty cause you're jealous." Miyeon pouted. "Well it matters to me. You're mine." Shuhua smiled softly. "Yeah but no one knows that but us." Miyeon puffed her cheeks. "I can't wait til we graduate and I don't have to worry about my idiot parents anymore." She pulled Shuhua close hugging her. "I can't wait either. You know I don't like when guys look at you like some bunny they can hunt down... You're my bunny." Miyeon crinkled her nose. "Please out of the two of us? You're definitely the softer one." Shuhua moved so she was laying on top of her. "Yeah and I'm only soft for you... And Soojin but it's a different kind of soft." Miyeon played with Shuhua's hair. "I love you. I'm sorry for being pouty." Shuhua leaned up and pecked her lips. "I love you too. And if it matters I think your pout is adorable." Miyeon chuckled. "You do huh? If it means I'll get more kisses then I'll pout all the time." Shuhua smiled and pecked her lips a few times.

 

In the morning Soojin came to Miyeon's door. "Hey Miyeon I need a fa-" She saw Shuhua asleep in bed with Miyeon her face pressed into the older girls neck. She blinked a few times putting everything together in her mind. "Oh... Oh!" She left the room with her eyes wide careful not to wake the two up. She went to the kitchen and sat at the table. Her phone rang and she quickly answered. "Hey babe did you ask Miyeon if she would let us borrow her car?" Soojin had completely forgotten what she'd gone to ask about. "Oh uhh I didn't ask.... I went to ask and..... Soyeon I think I might be dreaming." Soyeon sounded concerned. "What's wrong?" Soojin took a second. "It's not wrong? Just confusing.... Shuhua and Miyeon... They're in bed together..." She waited but didn't hear anything for a moment. "Like they're ing orrr...." Soojin crinkled her nose. "I don't know why would I know? I think they were wearing their clothes I didn't check!" Soyeon sighed. "Well what now? You caught them red handed do they know?" Soojin shook her head even though the other girl couldn't see. "No they were asleep!" Soojin covered her face. "Oh my god do I tell them or pretend like I don't know?" Soyeon huffed. "How am I supposed to answer that? Minnie and Yuqi know them best..." Soojin widened her eyes. "We can't tell them. they'll hate me for telling everyone..." Soyeon hummed. "Well..." 

 

Soojin eventually decided to pretend like she didn't know anything til she could talk to Minnie and Yuqi. After a bit Shuhua could be heard sneaking to her own room and Soojin was hyper aware. She came out of her room with her hair up in a bun having gotten dressed for the day. "Morning Shuhua. How'd you sleep?" Shuhua hugged the older woman from behind as she tended to do. "I slept well. For once I couldn't hear Miyeon's snoring through the wall." She took a sip of the coffee Soojin sat in front of her. "So unnie? Do you have any plans today?" Shuhua asked humming. "Oh uh Soyeon and I were gonna ask Miyeon if we could borrow her car to go to a drive in movie tonight." Shuhua nodded. "That sounds romantic." Soojin nodded. "Yeah she's good at that kind of stuff.... Hey Shuhua..." The younger girl looked at her. "Yeah unnie?" Soojin thought how to ask. "Why do you and Miyeon hate each other so much?" Shuhua tapped her chin. "I wouldn't say I hate her. You can't hate someone you've never loved. She is just a know it all. She never lets me be proud of myself. And it's really annoying having to dodge all the guys trying to get my help to confess to her." Soojin nodded thoughtfully. She couldn't imagine if she had to do the same with Soyeon. "You two shouldn't be so mean to each other. It's not good for your relationship." She realized her slip and hoped Shuhua wouldn't. "We don't have a relationship. Other than roommates that is. She is nothing to me so why should I care." Shuhua felt her chest tighten like it always did when she said something like that about Miyeon. Like an ice cold grip of guilt. She knew that it was necessary but it still . "I just... You know you have the same friends. I think it would be better to try to get along." Shuhua sipped her coffee and looked at Soojin. The older woman looked down at herself. "Do I have something on my shirt?" Shuhua smiled. "You're just gorgeous unnie. I can't help but stare." Soojin shook her head with a small smile. "Yah Shuhua stop trying to distract me." Shuhua flashed her a grin. "You distracted me first. With your beautiful face." 

 

Miyeon entered the kitchen a faint bruise on her neck likely caused by Shuhua. "Good morning Jinnie. Girl from the grudge." She directed the second insulting bit at Shuhua. "Morning Miyeon unnie how'd you sleep?" Miyeon got some coffee and took a sip. "Pretty well. It was very warm last night pretty cozy." Shuhua couldn't help the little smile that graced her lips as she took a sip of her coffee. Normally this would go unnoticed by everyone but Soojin was now very aware. She could tell now that they were actually in a very loving relationship. They just couldn't tell anyone. "Hey I have something to tell you two..." They both looked at her but were cut off by Miyeon's phone ringing. She answered as she saw it was Minnie. "Yo since when are you and Shuhua dating?" Miyeons eyes widened and she nearly dropped her coffee. "What?" Yuqi then called Shuhua. "How long were you gonna keep this up without telling me?" They both didn't know how to answer looking at each other then at Soojin. Miyeon seeing a scared look on Shuhuas face took charge. "Please bring Soyeon and Yuqi to our dorm we will talk about this all six of us. We'll answer your questions." She hung up with a sigh. She quickly pulled Shuhua closer to her whispering soothingly. "It's okay it's just our friends. They wouldn't hurt us like that." She ran her fingers through the girls long hair. Soojin bit her lip looking down nervously. "I'm sorry I should've spoken to y'all before I told Soyeon..." Miyeon looked up at her she didn't look mad. "It's okay we know you wouldn't do anything to hurt us." Shuhua had her head against the older girls chest as her grip on her shirt tightened. She was terrified of the consequences. 

 

Fifteen minutes later their friends arrived. Miyeon had relocated to the living room with Shuhua in her lap as she was still trying to calm her. Soojin who had been stress cleaning stood in the corner by the door feeling guilty still. "Shu..." Yuqi knelt in front of Miyeon and her cousin taking the younger girls hand. "Hey look at me." Shuhua looked at Yuqi only then did everyone else see that she had been crying. "Please don't tell anyone I don't want her taken away from me..." Yuqi pulled Shuhua into a hug. "Hey come on I'll never tell a soul if that's what you want. You know I've got your back." Minnie smiled and nodded agreeing. "I am just glad to know that you don't really hate each other. I was worried one day you two would explode." Soyeon looked at them and shrugged. "My lips are sealed." Shuhua nodded slowly turning back to Miyeon. The older girl smiled softly at her. "Hey at least this way we don't have to hide as much anymore. Our friends know." She kissed her forehead. "I love you Baobei." Shuhua sniffled wiping her eyes. "I love you too." Minnie pulled Yuqi to her feeling the sudden urge to hug her. "Everything will be alright. I'm not going anywhere." Miyeon whispered to the younger girl in her lap. 

 

After the tension disappeared a bit Soojin sat across from the couple in question. "So how long has this been happening?" Miyeons hand on Shuhua's waist gently tightened. "Almost a year. About a month after she moved up?" Shuhua nodded confirming as Miyeon looked at her. "And how did you decide you had to be mean to each other?" Shuhua took Miyeon's hand in her own. "Well we had started dating in secret and we thought we were doing well but someone..." She looked at Yuqi. "Asked me if I had a thing for Miyeon so... I panicked and I said something really mean." She looked at Miyeon apologetically. "She came to me crying saying she was sorry begging for forgiveness but I just told her she did good that way Yuqi could never suspect us. So it became our thing. If anyone ever acted like they might know something then we would act like we hated each other." Shuhua nodded squeezing her hand. "I'm glad we don't have to do that much anymore. It hurts me every time I have to speak badly of you." Miyeon smiled obviously she felt the same. "I love you so much..." She kissed Shuhua softly. Everyone looked away feeling like they were seeing something forbidden. 

 

"Well I'm happy you two are happy. And I'm willing to help in any way I can." Soojin smiled at them. "Me too!" Minnie agreed. "Maybe Soojin can start staying at our dorm sometimes to give you two some privacy." Miyeon looked excited at the prospect. "That would be great." Soojin stood up. "Oh Miyeon! Could Soyeon and I borrow your car tonight? Then I'll crash at their dorm with her so you can have a proper date night." Miyeon chuckled. "That should be fine you know where the keys are." Miyeon gently rubbed Shuhua's waist as she spaced out thinking about what they could do tonight. 

 

Soon enough they had said goodbye to their friends and were laying cuddled on the couch. Miyeon held Shuhua in her arms as the younger girl was dozing off. "We should head to bed angel." Miyeon tucked Shuhua's hair behind her ear. "I don't wanna..." Shuhua mumbled. Miyeon couldn't help but chuckle at her adorable girlfriend. "And why not?" Shuhua turned over looking at the Korean woman. "What if I go to sleep and this was all a dream? And I have to go back to saying mean things about you all the time..." Seeing the worry in Shuhua's eyes Miyeon gently cupped her cheek. "Then I wouldn't take it personally. I never have. I'd know that you're only doing it to protect our relationship. Just like you would with me. But my angel it's not a dream." Shuhua nuzzled into her chest. "Promise?" Miyeon kissed the top of her head chuckling again. "I promise. And I would never lie to my baby." She smiled looking down at her. "And besides we've only got two months til graduation and then I don't have to worry about my parents paying tuition and we will be free. We can get an apartment of our own. We'll finally get those puppies you've been wanting. We'll be fine." Shuhua smiled softly thinking about it. "I love you." Miyeon lifted her head pecking her lips. "I love you too. Now come on it's bed time." She lightly patted Shuhua's . 

 

Two months passed and it was their graduation day. They got their diplomas and walked the stage with big smiles on their faces. Once the ceremony was done Miyeon immediately found Shuhua with her parents. She bowed politely as Shuhua introduced her. "Mom Dad this is my girlfriend. Cho Miyeon." Miyeon had a bright smile. "I'm so sorry I didn't come to greet you sooner. I hope you'll understand our situation and I hope to get to know you more in the future." She bowed again. Shuhua's mom just hugged the girl. "We knew someone was making our little girl happy. Welcome to the family." Miyeon heard a throat clear and looked to see her parents standing a bit away. She looked at Shuhua then at her parents. "I'll be back." Shuhua took her hand. "I'm coming with." Miyeon looked worried. "You don't have to." Shuhua just squeezed her hand tighter. 

 

Miyeon and Shuhua made their way to Miyeon's parents. "Mother Father." Miyeon bowed. "Miyeon you've grown into a fine young lady. Now that you're graduated you will be able to marry-" Miyeon cut them off holding up her hand holding Shuhua's. "I'll be able to marry Shuhua I know." Her mother scoffed. "Now's not the time for jokes dear. We've been planning your engagement for months." Miyeon stood firm. "There are no jokes. This is Yeh Shuhua. She's smarter kinder and more charming than any man you could hope to set me up with. I am absolutely no doubt in my mind head over heels in love with her. And I am going to marry her." Miyeons father's face darkened. "No. You will come home and forget this girl ever existed understood?" Miyeon looked at Shuhua. "My Angel I think we should go have dinner with your parents to celebrate. I'll buy." Shuhua smiled and nodded. "That sounds great." Her mom grabbed Shuhua's arm tugging it away from Miyeon. "You will not corrupt our daughter any more do you understand me she devil?" Miyeon's eyes widened. She immediately took her mother's arm prying it off of Shuhua's. "I'm sorry my love." She kissed Shuhua's red wrist. Before her parents could make a grab at either of them again Minnie and Soojin stood in the way. "We're very protective of our Shuhua. I suggest you leave." Minnie said looking down at them. "And her cousin is about twenty yards away foaming at the mouth. Any minute now she's gonna break free of my girlfriend and charge straight for you." Soojin added. 

 

Miyeon's parents quickly left upon seeing a small Chinese girl with pink hair run their way. Yuqi got to Shuhua and took her arm looking at it. "Miyeon what's your parents address? I'm gonna kill them." Minnie hugged Yuqi from behind calming her down. Soyeon walked up to them. "I held her for as long as I could." She lied. 

 

-Flashback-

Soyeon waited til Soojin and Minnie were out of earshot and said. "Go get that bite her head off." Before letting Yuqi go. 

-End of flashback-

 

Shuhua just hugged Miyeon. "Now that we're free I'll never say another bad thing about you ever again." Miyeon chuckled and held her close. "I know my angel. Me either." 

 

Note: I know anyone who's read my stories before knows this is my otp they get extra 💖