Gone (Yuyeon💖)

Gidle oneshots

Prompt: First love after years without seeing them

 

Yuqi walked down the street it had been years since she'd been in Korea. When her parents split up she had been forced to move back to China with her father. She didn't have a lot of contact with her mother in fact she had none. Now that she was old enough and had saved enough money she was able to return and see her mother again. She looked down fixing her coat making sure she looked presentable. "I hope she remembers me well." She raised her hand knocking on the door. One. Two. Three. "Coming!" She heard a slightly familiar voice. 

 

The door swung open and there stood a familiar girl with short blonde hair. "Yuqi?..." The Chinese girls eyes widened as she looked at her. Before she could speak she was pulled into the house. "What are you..." Soyeon put her finger to her lips. "Don't let her hear you go up to your room I'll be there soon we can talk." Yuqi just nodded slowly and made her way up to a room that was exactly as she had left it. 

 

After a little while there was a knock on the door and Soyeon peaked her head inside. Yuqi motioned for her to come in. Soyeon stood in front of the door her arms crossed showing she had her guard up. "So why are you back?" Yuqi stood from the bed taking a deep breath. "I came to see my mother. I was finally able to after a while. It's not easy saving enough money to visit a foreign country in my situation..." Soyeon raised an eyebrow. "Is this about your husband?" Soyeon leaned forward a bit. Yuqi looked down at her hand as if just now realizing she was wearing a wedding band. "O-Oh... We're separated... Going to be divorced soon. I never really loved him anyway it was my dad who wanted the wedding to happen." Soyeons jaw clenched noticeably. 

 

-Flashback-

Soyeon bowed deeply as she held a pair of matching rings in her hand. She smiled at the man in front of her. "Mr.Song! It's great to finally meet you I've heard a lot about you." The man bowed back. "You must be Soyeon Yuqi's friend." Soyeon nodded with a smile. "Yes sir. Actually that's what I came to talk to you about. Your daughter and I are very close. We share everything. But recently she's been a little stingy. She took something of mine and won't give it back." The man raised an eyebrow. Soyeon cleared nervously. "Ehem sorry. What I mean is.. I'm in love with your daughter. And I know she feels the same for me. I came to ask if-" The man cut her off raising his hand angrily. "No." Soyeon widened her eyes opening and closing a few times as she tried to find words. "But sir I-" He stood suddenly. "I said no. I will not have you corrupting my little girl. She is a Song not some common street rat. She will marry a nice normal man and have a nice normal family. And you young lady would do good to do the same. There's no place in this world for your kind." Soyeon took a deep breath. She didn't want the man to see her cry so she had to hold it together. "I see. As long as I can I will be by her side. This was just a formality but I will ask her officially with or without permission." She stood proudly with her chin raised and left the room. On her way out she heard the man calling someone. "Yes we will be moving next week. Prepare three please. Thank you." Soyeons heart began to race. He was going to take Yuqi away from her. She left the house heading straight for a bar. 

-End of flashback-

 

"So your father forced you to marry someone you didn't want to?" Yuqi nodded. "I just went along with it cause well..." She shrugged. "I was hoping I could talk to mom about something." Soyeon tilted her head. "What about?" There was another knock on the door. "About my daughter..." Soyeon went downstairs only to see Mrs.Song standing at the door. There on the other side was Shuhua holding a little girl who could be Yuqi's twin. Shuhua smiled and waved. "Soyeon Unnie. Hey little Bao here has to go to the restroom could we possibly?" Soyeon pointed to a door in the hall. "It's that one..." Yuqi stood behind Soyeon making the little girl whine. "Mama why'd you leave me behind?" She pouted crossing her arms. "I'm your baby!" She looked offended. Yuqi smiled at her. "Ah Bao I told you I had stuff to do before I could bring you." Shuhua hurried the little girl into the bathroom. 

 

Mrs.Song having heard Yuqi's unmistakable voice turned to look at her. "Is that.... My little girl you've come back!" She tried to go up the stairs but was stopped by Soyeon. "Mrs.Song please Yuqi can come down we don't want you falling again." Yuqi walked down to her mother her brows furrowed. "Yah Mom have you been falling? You have to be careful!" Yuqi scolded her mother as she hugged her tightly. "Oh hush no lecturing your own mother. Besides Soyeon was here taking care of me the whole time." Yuqi looked at Soyeon over her shoulder with a grateful smile. "And what's this little girl calling you Mama?" Yuqi flashed her a smile. "Ah Mom that's my daughter. We were finally able to come to Korea and she wanted to meet you!" The old woman teared up. "How old is she?" Yuqi smiled softly. "She's-" The little girl appeared beside her. "I'm three. My name is Mushi my mama said she named me after a friend of hers who is a very very pretty fierce lion." She bowed politely. The old woman scooped the child up hugging her tightly. The little girls chubby cheeks puffed up as she was a little squished. "And this is why we call her Bao." She chuckled. "How long will you two be here?" Soyeon asked still not letting her guard down. "Hopefully indefinitely. I will have to leave for a week or two to finalize some papers back in china but then I'm here for good." Soyeon nodded. "I'll tell the girls you're back then..." She disappeared with a weird look on her face. 

 

A few hours later there was a knock on the door. It was just Yuqi and her mother in the living room as they had been catching up. Yuqi went to open the door suddenly greeted by a pair of arms wrapping around her. "Why didn't you tell us you were coming back?" Miyeon asked a grumpy look on her face. Yuqi smiled as she saw her three unnies standing there. "I wasn't even going to tell Shuhua but little Bao let it slip." Miyeon looked excited. "I get to meet her finally?" Minnie had gone to visit Yuqi in china once or twice and was even apart of her wedding. Soojin had gone on family vacation there and looked her up and had lunch with her. But Miyeon had been to busy to be able to do anything but video call. "Where is she?" Yuqi chuckled. "It's her nap time but she should be waking up soon. She's in the room to the left past the bathroom Shuhua is there too." She looked at Soojin telling her where to find her girlfriend at. Miyeon ran past her to the room to see the child.

 

Soon enough everyone was awake and Soyeon with the help of Mushi set the table for their dinner that Soojin had brought. Yuqi set up a booster seat for the little girl. Once everything was ready she helped her into her seat and pushed her into the table. Yuqi and Soyeon sat on either side of the little girl. "Mama I dun wanna eat these." The little girl made a face. "Nuh-uh Bao. Your Auntie Soojin worked hard to make these for us you don't want to make her sad by not eating what she cooked do you?" The little girl looked at Soojin who pouted at her playing along. "I tried to make it extra yummy just for you." The little girl pushed the veggies around with her fork pouting. 

 

Soyeon leaned over to her whispering. "I've got an idea are you ready?" The little girl nodded. Suddenly Soyeon created a distraction making sure no one was looking at them before scooping the little girls veggies onto her own plate. She hated them as well but she didn't eat them either so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary. And the look the little girl gave her made it worth it. "My hero..." She whispered to Soyeon who ruffled her hair. "Good now eat the rest of it Auntie Soojin is the best cook around." The little girl took a big bite humming with delight. "So Yuqi where are you two staying?" Minnie asked. "Well I've got a hotel room not to far from here for a few days. I'll have to find an apartment soon." Yuqi smiled softly. Her mother nudged her arm. "That's nonsense you'll stay here. You can have your old room back Soyeon stays in the guest room anyway. We can turn the old office into a room for Bao." Yuqi looked at Soyeon. "I don't want to impose mom I-" Soyeon looked back at Yuqi. "Stay here. Your mom missed you." She said a certain glint in her eye showing it wasn't just her mom who missed her. "Fine thank you we can get to work on the office tomorrow." Bao danced excitedly. "Mama when do I get to meet the lion!? You said she'd be here." Yuqi chuckled softly. "Look to your right little Bao there's your lion." Soyeon looked a bit surprised but nodded. "I'm a lion rawr."

 

That night once everyone left Mrs.Song and Mushi went to bed. Yuqi was in the kitchen with her sleeves rolled up as she washed the dishes. Soyeon came into the room. "Oh I was coming to do those you don't have to." Yuqi looked at her. "Well you didn't have to stay and take care of my mother but you did. What happened to your dreams?" Soyeon shrugged. "I produce music and sell it to companies. I just also stayed here to help. There was more to my dreams than just music if you recall." Yuqi nodded and recited word for word as if she had only heard it yesterday. "I will have a big house. I will have a good job creating music. And I will marry a woman I love and have children with her." Soyeon felt a small smile tugging at the corners of . "I wasn't able to do it. Cause I only ever loved you." Yuqi's eyes softened as she looked at her. "Soyeon..." Soyeon shook her head. "That night that we slept together before you left... It wasn't just a one night stand. Not to me anyway. I wanted to be with you and I knew you'd be gone soon." 

 

Yuqi furrowed her brows. "How'd you know? I didn't even know..." Soyeon shook her head. "Cause it was my fault. I was stupid and asked your dad if I could ask you out. He didn't take it well..." She looked down. Yuqi nodded taking in the information. "I wondered why the sudden move." Soyeon played with her fingers. "I'm sorry..." Yuqi shook her head. "Think of it like this. If you hadn't done that I wouldn't have had to move to China and I would never have had Mushi. That little girl is the only person I would do anything for I love her with my whole heart." Soyeon smiled softly. "She's very cute. And smart just like you... I can't believe you named her after me." Yuqi shrugged. "You were my first love I thought about you all the time. Through my entire marriage to Lucas I always wished he was you. I know he felt the same. He had someone he loved too. It wasn't me and I'm happy it wasnt me. It made it easier to leave him." Soyeon nodded. "But you two had a baby together." Yuqi hummed. "We had one time. Our wedding night we were both drunk and it was terrible. Apparently it was good enough to bring our little Bao into the world." She chuckled. 

 

"Yuqi I..." Yuqi walked to her. "You still love me. I can see it in your eyes. And I still love you but..." Soyeon looked down. Yuqi went to her lifting her chin. "I said I still love you. Don't look so defeated. What I was gonna say is that we are very different from who we used to be. It's been five years we've grown. I want to get to know you again before we try anything." Soyeon looked up at her. "S-so we have a chance?" Yuqi chuckled and nodded. "Of course we do. But there will be rules. No Couple stuff in front of Mushi. She can't know til we're certain it's going to work I don't want her heart being broken she's to young for that." Soyeon nodded smiling. "I'll do whatever you ask but uh... Yuqi could I please kiss you?" Yuqi looked at her for a moment before nodding. 

 

Soyeon looked nervous as she leaned in pulling Yuqi close to her. She soon felt the woman's soft lips against her own. Neither of them were prepared for how they would feel finally able to be together after several years and they both started crying. 

 

-Two years later-

"Okay you have your bag?Your pencils and pens? Highlighters? Binder?" Soyeon went down the list with the little girl of things she would need for school. "Okay and one last thing." Mushi looked at her confused. "What is it?" Soyeon pulled the girl into her arms kissing her chubby cheeks repeatedly. "You almost forgot kisses from your Eomma!" Mushi giggled. "I'll never forget kisses from my Eomma!" Yuqi stood at the door with her phone pointed at the two. "Our little girls growing up so fast." A male voice could be heard. "Well Lucas that is what tends to happen with children." Yuqi teased. Mushi held onto Soyeon's neck going limp in her arms. "Let's go talk to Papa!" Soyeon smiled as she took the little girl to her mom's side. "Papa!" The man smiled at her. "Yes little dumpling?" She smiled widely. "I'm excited for when you move here." He chuckled. "Yeah good your little brother is excited too." Mushi Smiled widely. Her brother was a year and a half old and she had only met him once. Lucas looked at his clock. "Uh Yuqi you've got fifteen minutes to get her to school." Her eyes widened. Mushi blew the man a kiss then Soyeon rushed out to the car with her grabbing her bag along the way. Yuqi ran to grab the keys and Lucas could be heard calling out. "Have a good day make good choices!" 

 

They made it just in time as soon as Mushi was inside the building with the other kids Yuqi teared up. "Our baby is in school now." Soyeon held her hand with a smile. "Yes she is. And she's gonna do amazing just like you always did." Yuqi wiped her eyes as she pouted at the woman beside her. She placed her hand on her just barely pregnant belly. "You're not allowed to grow up got it? Your Mama can't handle it." Soyeon chuckled and kissed Yuqi's hand. "Come on lets go have our mini spa day." Yuqi nodded and drove them home.

 

Note: I've only got one more story planned for this I'm not sure if I'll do more after but I will have finished my goal. Thanks to everyone who reads them I know the last ones especially have been kinda rushed.