Like China

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The FBI agent slowed down her steps and took the two males by surprise.

Yongsun turned around and placed her hands on her waist while saying:

______ Are you going to make me waste time with bs? Because I can kick both of your asses. Who sent you?

The taller one exchanged a confused look with his partner and the other one shrugged.

______ You're probably confident because of my size, right? No problem. Don't hold back. You can try to hit me. Both at once._____ The brunette spoke confidently.

The shorter guy finally understood the woman's thought and laughed with embarrassment.

_____ We're not who you may think we are, Ms. Kim. We work for the ambassador. He asked us to check if you're as good as your reputation says.

Sighing loudly and growling, the female cursed and then said:

_____ Damn it! Don't do that ever again. I could have found an excuse to shoot you.

His smile fainted before he bowed and murmured:

______ I'm sorry. We didn't mean any harm. 

______ We were also protecting you from a distance.

______ Boys...I don't need protection. But thanks. Now beat it!_____ Yongsun pushed the duo and kept walking.

Having no other alternative, they turned around and did what the woman asked them to.

After making sure nobody else was following her, the black-haired woman finally arrived home and drank a beer to relax.

Then she showered and checked her emails and messages before going to sleep.

The 31-year-old set the alarm for 6 am and chose a discreet black suit and some comfortable yet classy shoes to wear on her first day as the ambassador's staff member.

Yongsun was a perfectionist and she preferred planning everything ahead of time. 

That's why she left everything ready for the following morning.

She fell asleep quite fast and had a dreamless night.

Despite being a heavy sleeper, years of training and experiencing tough situations prepared Yongsun to wake up as soon as any sound popped around her.

The FBI agent got off the bed and forced herself to wash up and have some breakfast before leaving her place.

Her phone vibrated and she checked it right away.

Rolling her eyes, the brunette read a message from the ambassador's staff informing her that a driver was waiting for her outside the building.

Yongsun finished doing her things without any rush and only after that, she left and joined the two males who had followed her the night before.

None of them said a word during the ride to the embassy.

Once they arrived, a middle-aged woman welcomed the brunette and guided her through the hall and long corridor.

The FBI agent had been to the White House. So she knew how things worked in the political environment.

Even the organization of the place was quite similar to the President's official house.

Yongsun got totally taken back when a man in his early 60's opened a door and spoke directly at her:

_____ Your reputation precedes you, Ms. Kim. I hope it's accurate.

_____ Erm...

_____ Oh, I'm sorry about my lack of manners. I'm Moon Dae-Seong.____ The ambassador offered his hand to shake.

The agent firmly shook the male's hand and responded:

_____ Nice to meet you, Mr. Moon. I'm sorry to say it but...I don't know what you are really expecting. I'm an agent, an investigator. Not a bodyguard. 

_____ Your investigation skills will be extremely useful to keep my daughter safe. As you probably know, my position brings a lot of enemies. And some are in the shadows.

Sighing, Yongsun bowed and declared:

_____ I'll do my best, Sir.

_____ Thank

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter