The ing new assignment

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Yongsun was born and raised in New York after her parents moved from Korea to the USA in an attempt to have a better life.

The brunette was an only child and she never liked the idea of settling down to take care of her father's grocery store.

After endless arguments, the girl moved out of her parents' house at the age of 17, had several part-time jobs, got a scholarship to study criminal justice, specialized in organized crime, and entered the FBI when she was 24.

7 years had passed and she had a reputation in the bureau. However, that reputation brought jealousy and enemies.

Being a woman in an institution controlled by men was also complicated because Yongsun was attractive and some of her superiors continuously tried to use their power to take her to bed.

Completely uninterested in romantic or life, the brunette pretended not to understand the several inappropriate proposals over the years.

When things got too obvious, the agent started refusing the men's advances in a polite but clear way.

The reason why she was tolerated even after rejecting them was that her results were above average. Way above.

Things were going fine until 2022 came.

The dark-haired young woman finally got a nice lead on a case she had been interested in for the last two years.

Nonetheless, the new director invited her for dinner and Yongsun came up with an excuse. And five days later, she received a memo informing her that she had a very important mission.

To the agent's shock, she was assigned as part of the security team of the Korean ambassador and his daughter for the following months 

Acting impulsively, the 31-year-old brunette marched to the director's office and walked in like a storm.

_____ Ms. Kim, has anyone told you that you need to behave like a caveman just because you work with males? A little class and manners are good for anyone._____ The boss spoke serenely.

 _____ With all due respect, Sir...What the hell is this mission? I'm no babysitter._____ The brunette squeezed the letter with passion.

Lifting his eyebrow, the director asked:

_____ Are you, by any chance, questioning my decision?

_____ No, Sir. But I've been working hard on this case about a new mob similar to Yakuza and...

_____ Like any agent in the bureau, you do what you're told to. Agents don't pick what they find exciting. They work on their ing assignments. Consider yourself lucky, Ms.Kim.

_____ Lucky??? Why would I be lucky? Study for years to end up doing what any security guard can do...

_____ I'll ignore your insubordination in respect to your background. You're lucky to be chosen by Ambassador Moon. He's an important man and a possible target of terrorists and other enemies of our country. If this is not good enough f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter