Twist

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The director of the FBI was crossing a street in Zurich.

The man had left a bank and was heading to the hotel where he was staying.

The receptionist handed him his key card and an envelope.

______ What is this?______ He asked in a rude manner.

______ I don't know, Sir. A lady said she is your employee and asked me to hand you this envelope.

Puzzled, the tall guy marched to the elevator after looking around to check if he recognized any face.

Suddenly, the powerful man widened his eyes when she read the message.

"This is Kim Yongsun. I have a proposal that will bring you advantages. Answer your room phone at 5 pm."

_______ This must be a bad joke! That can't be alive.

Although he considered someone was pranking him, the agent got back to his bedroom and thought about that message while showering.

The following hour went by extremely slowly and the FBI director ended up falling asleep.

The telephone rang so loudly that the American jumped and almost fell to the floor.

Cursing, he sat and answered it.

_____ Hello!

_____ Hello, boss. Long time. Although 4 months are too that much.

______ It's not possible that you are alive! That plane..._____ His voice cracked.

______ Oh, a plane certainly had its final day. But not the one you planned. Anyway, I'm alive and I have something you may need. Let's have proper detail._____ The former agent spoke with sarcasm.

Hesitantly, the middle-aged man breathed heavily before responding anything.

 ______ Why would the FBI director need a nobody?

Laughing, Yongsun declared:

______ I have the ambassador's daughter as my prisoner. And I know things that can cause a lot of headaches. Not only on you but also on the president.

Gulping, the guy asked:

_______ How did you manage to capture her? I don't believe you.

_______ You may be an idiot but I was well-trained. I played her game for several months. We became lovers. Then I found out you would come to Switzerland and I tricked her to bring me here for a romantic trip. Anyway. I can give her to you. As long as you clear my name and give me a higher position in the bureau.______ The gorgeous woman proposed.

Although he forced his laughter, the director was tense and worried.

_______ Where exactly are you?

_______ I'm not that naive, boss. I can take you there IF you give me something as a guarantee.

_______ Like what?

_______ I know all your steps in this country. Transfer some of that dirty money to me now.

_______ I thought that you were the good girl. Funny how suddenly you show your true colors._____ He laughed.

_______ Did it make any difference when you sent me to prison? Enough chatting. Will you do it or not?

Sighing loudly, Yongsun's former boss answered:

______ Alright. Tell me the number and account details. 

The brunette, who had recently turned 32 years old, repeated the info twice while the man took notes.

_______ Transfer 2 million in the next 5 minutes and I'll have a car waiting for you downstairs in 10.

_______ 2 million??? How can you be sure I have this amount?

_______ I know you have way more. Let's not waste time, okay?

_______ Hm...Hang on. I'm going to grab my phone to make the transaction.

_______ Good.

After a few minutes, the director spoke again.

_______ It is done.

_______ I know. Now wait a little bit and enter a red car in front of the hotel in 10 minutes. Don't contact anyone.

 _______ How will I know that it is the right car?

________ The driver will know you.______ Yongsun hung up.

Thinking of the situation, the agent decided to hide a weapon in a hidden pocket of his jacket.

______ x ______ 

The driver didn't speak a word during the whole ride and the FBI director noticed the guy didn't even look at him.

They left town and entered an area filled with forests and snow.

After 2 hours, the middle-aged man finally saw a house near the mountains.

The area was very quiet and deserted, with no neighbors around.

Parking in front of the house, the driver opened the car door and spoke firmly:

_______ Get out!

_______ Are you sure this is the right address? I see no lights on. There isn't anyone inside.

_______ Get out now or I'll shoot you.

Seeing the threat was sincere, the man left the vehicle and walked toward the house with some hesitation.

The main door was suddenly open and the director heard a familiar voice:

_______ Come fast. It's cold outside.

As he stepped on the threshold, Yongsun the light and the agent saw Moon Byul-YI tied to a chair.

The princess was covered in recent bruises and her hair had grown a bit but was still short.

Very witty, the director understood that there was a physical fight in the previous hours because the ambassador's daughter had fresh blood on her clothes and some of the injuries were visibly pinkish and humid. when old ones would be dry and form a new layer.

_______ Enjoying torture now, Ms. Kim?

_______ She gave me no option. I couldn't afford to let her escape.

Smiling, the man stepped closer.

_______ Things would've been calmer if you had accepted destiny and died, Ms. Moon.

_______ Didnt you have everything your way? The ambassador died, the secrets followed him, and you destroyed any chance I might have to live a normal life. What else do you want?______ Byul-YI spoke with a weak voice and coughed.

_______ Well, we needed someone to take the blame to be able to erase your father without bringing garbage back to our yard. It's not our fault that he was a mess and raised you just like one too.

_______ Not that it really matters but I'm kinda curious. What did that man know that he was such a problem to the bureau?______ Yongsun asked casually.

Shaking his head, the director laughed sarcastically:

______ He didn't really bother the bureau. He was a stone in the president's shoe. The ambassador was a dirty dirty man. He got a lot of money through extortion. And he knew things about some Japanese and Chinese politicians too.

_______ So the president forced you to clean his mess.

_______ You could say that.

 _______ Is it worth getting your hands dirty for a person that will not do the same for you?______ Byul-YI asked.

_______ I don't give a about the president, girl. As long as he gives me money and privileges, it's fine by me.

 _______ I wonder what the most important man on the planet did to need the help of a mere FBI director.______ Yongsun provoked.

_______ Many things. Before I satisfy your curiosity, I need to deal with something else.

_______ Which is?

The middle-aged man smirked and quickly pulled a gun from his pocket, shooting the princess.

Byul-YI growled and cursed because of pain and Yongsun stepped ahead but the FBI director pointed the gun at her.

 _______ What was that? Why were you willing to help her? Do you care?

Rolling her eyes, the former agent shrugged:

_______ I was trained to protect people for years. It was just a reflex.

 _______ Alright. I can believe that bull. And to prove I have some respect for your past as an agent, I'll finally answer your question. The president and killed a 16-year-old girl. The ambassador had all documented. He thought he could control the most powerful man in the world and kept pushing it.

Taken aback, the brunette glanced at the princess and then at the director.

_______ If that was the case, what is your interest in her if the bureau orchestrated her death? Why did you accept my deal?

_______ I just let you believe I did. 2 million is nothing. But the chance to put an end to this story is priceless. I know the president will sleep better if she is gone for real. The princess may have some proof we could not find. Or one of her father's enemies may use her and find something out.

_______ A little too paranoid, don't you think?

_____

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter