This Is How We Met (Yumji)

GFriend One Shot Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a rainy day and Yewon was still sitting in the coffee house where she usually visits, busy with the laptop she brought along together. She stared at the screen for 15 minutes, typed 5 minutes then drowned in another staring, having writer's blocks this time her agent had called her a few times regarding her new book progress but her draft remained blank. Yewon was frustrated as every time she looked at the due date, the last book did have good feedback made needed to put more effort to not disappoint the readers.

"Evan, I know it. I'll try to raise the ratings." the person with a cap and thick frame glasses, the length of bangs almost covering the eyes and hung her head low, tilting a bit too stable the phone between ear and shoulder as her hands were busying to take out the notes from the long purse. The slender fingers pointed at the A2-sized menu placed on the counter and showing a finger indicated the quantity she needed.

"I promise to you, if the ratings did not rise within a month I'll close the segment and follow what we had discussed earlier at the previous meeting,"

"..."

"Yeah, yeah," the person walked to a seat that she assumed was available and sat down, reviewing the backstage statistics and brainstorming the content for the upcoming talk.

"Excuse me?" Yewon raised her head as hearing the chair's screeching sound come in front of her and the person seemed not to know the seat is taken. She did not like interruptions during her work.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I do not know it is taken," the capped girl apologized and was shocked about her impolite actions.

"Yeojelyi!" the barista yelled and she went to the counter to redeem her drinks. She planned to go back to her studio but the rain did not stop yet pouring heavier. Her radio live will be started in 30 minutes and the route taken from the coffee house to the broadcasting station needed around 15 minutes and 5 minutes to herself on the floor.

"Holy!" the Yeojelyi-girl cursed under her breath and when back into the coffee shop, hoping the rain will get smaller. As the time was getting nearer, she had no choice but to run to the station with her drink in the rain.

"We have troubles every day and Yuju is here ready to help you up. Good evening ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the' I've heard you' segment, I'm DJ Yuju in tune with you. We've got loads of stories from our listeners to share but let's check the song The Night Back by Canaan Smith. I'll be right back."

Yewon turned the radio louder after entering her car, aiming the duration between leaving the shop to her car, the radio segment just start right which hosting by the DJ she love the most since the DJ's first appearance on the show. Yewon had accidentally found that the DJ's sound was able to cure her insomnia which had bothered her for a few years. She finally had a good sleep and felt refreshed every morning after she woke up.

But things never went easy for her this day, the insomnia was coming back as her favourite DJ was not on air for a few days and the DJ who replaced her for a while had told the audience that she had a fever and sore throat giving difficulty to her to speak and the doctor advised her to take rest as she needed to get back her original voice.

Yewon's eye bags were darker compared to the last time she met with her agent. "Tell me the truth, are you facing any difficulties these days? Still trapped in the writer's block?" asked him who was now sitting in front of her.

"Sleep deprivation."

"Maybe this invitation will overcome some of the obstacles, the radio station needs a fixed guest for a month, maybe you can give it a try to gain some inspiration from it. "

"Jay, you know that I'm not good at facing the public," Yewon dropped her shoulders after hearing her agent's words.

"But if you keep dragging it like that, we'll lose the track, Yewon-ah."

"Okay, okay. I know it. I know it."

"Just let me know if you want to give it a try."

Yewon playing the name card from Jay.

XXX Broadcast Station.

Yewon was kicking the small pebbles on the pathway while her mind was still thinking about the offer from Jay. Maybe the poor brightness as the distance between lampposts was big, Yewon was not aware someone was coming, in the same way, coming from the opposite direction.

Of course, they fell together as the coming person was not able to brake herself to avoid bumping into Yewon.

"Are you okay?" The person asked as she managed to get help herself and stretch her hand out as if Yewon needed support to stand up.

Her voice was calm as Yewon found the familiar vibe to the radio DJ but could not confirm that 100 % the person was. With the help of the hand extended, Yewon stood up and shook off the sand particles adhered.

"Thank you."

"Are you new to this neighbourhood? I've been jogging here every evening but this is the first time I'd see a new person."

Yewon was embarrassed as she was staying here for a long time and this was the first time she stepped into the neighbourhood's park. She remorse that she should come here frequently but she knew her homebody personality would not bring her outdoor once aimless.

"Oops, I'm sorry if I sounded offensive. By the way, I'm Yuna, I can be your listener if you need someone to if we meet next time. Your face told me that you need it so much. Bye!"

The person named Yuna continued her track after telling Yewon such info while the latter was still in a daze as she tried to absorb all the things beyond her capacity in a short time.

Changing into comfy clothes after coming back from the coffee shop, Yewon took out her laptop from her backpack and continued writing progress. She put the smartphone aside after switching the device to tune in to the radio she was listening to on the way back. Thanks to that Yuju was returned after recovery.

She still struggled with building new characters t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter