Tell me this is NOT real [Soju]

GFriend One Shot Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a typical day for everyone. Sowon got up first and made breakfast for both of them and Yuju was always the sleepyhead yearning for more time to sleep. The latter had difficulties waking up early and Sowon had to get used to that. Leaving the steamed sweet potatoes on the countertop she took her portion and headed to her workplace not forgetting to give a morning peck to Yuju standing there with half-opened eyes to send her to work. Yuju stuck her head into Sowon's crook, whining and refusing to let her go to work.

"Can you just skip your work for today please ~" She pleaded repeatedly, but Sowon just chuckled at her girlfriend's cute action and did not mind it at all, patted her gently and reassured her she would come back early.

"Yuju, it's the time, I need to work," pampering her with the sweetest tone Sowon had reserved for her, patting her back again to signal her release from the tight grip.

"Promise me to come back early, no working overtime, and no phone talking when driving. Know it?" Yuju reminded her again and again only to release her hand. "I know it, my princess Yuju, your advice is fully engraved in my brain now," Sowon cupped her girlfriend's cheek and rubbed it slightly, a peck on the lips again, she left the hug to the door.

Yuju looked at the door where her girlfriend exited, there was a feeling she couldn't get over. She sighed and brushed off the odd feeling, went back to bed, and continued her sleep since her worktime was still hours later.

1200

"Hey, babe, do you still sleeping? Wakey wakey, time to work!" the words came from the other side of the phone. Yuju pressed the phone button to off the message from Sowon. Yuju just worked on the outline of the main storyline till midnight and returned late. She needed to rest and recharge. Sowon always did that to Yuju during her lunch break to ensure she wouldn't be late for work.

After finishing the sweet potatoes Sowon had prepared, Yuju refreshed herself, flipped her backpack over, and prepared for work. She plugged in her earphone and hummed all the way through. The route to her workplace was only a few stations from the nearest bus stop from their place.

"Afternoon, Yuju. Mr Lee passed his words down to you whether able to complete the detailed storyline by this week," one of her colleagues related to her as entering her work cubicle. Her department head approved her flexible work conditions to increase efficiency. She couldn't prolong the work time normal people did to accomplish the task.

Chewing the chewing gum she threw into to help her thinking motor to work out, her fingers never stop dancing on the keyboard to input the codes into the software. Her immense work continued until the clock struck six and her colleagues were starting to clean their table to end the day. Their goodbye sounds did not bring any bad feelings to Yuju instead she felt more focused on achieving today's goal.

Another side, Sowon was just like a white-collar worker to end her day. On the way back home, she stopped by a bakery shop and bought a cake and some bread. As usual, hanging her belongings on the rack, she put on her apron and began to make their dinner. A half an hour was gone, and the food was ready to serve. Since Yuju was still no sign of return, Sowon cleaned all the utensils she had used. Then, she untied the apron and decided to nap.

Beep beep!

Yuju accessed the door to their house, she was welcomed enthusiastically by Sowon, but as soon as her arrival, the latter pushed her to shower quickly. Yuju will never forget the mischievous grin she saw through the gap when she closed the bathroom door.

Yuju wrapped the towel around her neck after stepping out of the bathroom. She turned to face the mirror to dry her wet hair. A pair of hands blocked her vision from behind. "Wonnie," she said, realizing Sowon was the only one in the house and was also startled by the surprising action. "C'mon, follow me, don't open your eyes until I count to three," Yuju joyfully obeyed her girlfriend's guide and steps.

"What are you going to give me?" Yuju asked tentatively. Sowon made surprise dates sometimes to celebrate the weird anniversary between them. "Secret! A few steps more, be careful," Yuju had no sense of direction even how small their house was, a narrow range of turning left and right frequently made her unable to figure out where the area she was now, she never thought that their house was big that moment.

"Are we there?" she did not get any response and felt the pressure to put her seat.

"... Two ... Three! Tada~ Surprise~" a strawberry wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter