Yuán (WonB)

GFriend One Shot Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Personal bodyguard (Sowon) X Artist (SinB) AU. Long story ahead, enjoy :)

"The Artist of the Year goes to ... SinB!" the emcee announced and thunderously clapped to congratulate the winner of the award. She stood on the stage and scanned around the audience for a few seconds before delivering her speech on the awards given. She searched for the tall woman in a suit and tied up a high ponytail every time she appeared for her task, her bodyguard appointed from the company – Sowon. Her presence beside the stage makes her less worried about continuing her work. It was like she was a magic cudgel.

After another round of applause following delivering the speech, Sowon escorted the artist to the waiting room of the organizer. She prepared for the artists invited to the show backstage and was ready for the winning performance after part of the awarding session was done. In the past, SinB would cross the guard barrier and interact with her fans. However, now, she was more careful and left in the security of the guards after one occasion years ago.

Sowon stayed in front of the waiting room while SinB got ready to change her performing attire.

An assistant of the event PA sound system came to pass over the portable mic and fix the bottoms.

"Did your hand feel okay? I saw someone push you slightly," SinB kept her voice low and minimized the change of shape. She didn't want idle people to know she was talking to her close-protection officer.

Sowon didn't reply with her professionalism and continued to be aware of the passers-by in the backstage hallway, to assure her the artist has safely reached the door and entered beneath the stage. One of the managers followed her until beneath the stage and Sowon changed her direction to the side where she stood just now.

SinB's disappointed look at not receiving replies changed to a serious look when the platform lifted upright to the audience. The fans and the artists in the seats were full of excitement as the music played. The first line of the song tugged their heartstrings, and screaming was heard louder in the crowd. However, Sowon remained a stone face.

-

After the afterparty of the ceremony her company organized to celebrate the winning awards, Sowon drove her back to her house, ensuring close protection in time to the artist. She looked around before entering the residence.

Sowon's room was the nearest to the main door and to the artist's room, to ensure she could take any emergency measures as danger came. Although she sometimes slept on the sofa. SinB ever wondered how Sowon could persist in the devilish schedule even if the artist was even able to prop her up, Sowon always came to her with a presentable look.

Sowon took off her black suit and white tee inside the scar and extra slowly when passing through the scar. It was a feathery skim, still very sensitive. Not the pain but the disgusting sensation that upsurged when she looked at it or in the mirror.

Both of the long sleeves successfully came off revealing the black tank top. However, still, a major area of the old scar was exposed to the air even the shoulder strap covering a large area. Look carefully, there was an old and a new scar piled together. Sowon drew her left hand out and applied the ointment to it. The angle behind her back was difficult to reach. A hand grabbed her. "When did you get the scar?"

In a cold tone, the bodyguard insisted, "This is none of your business.".

"When did you get the scar?" The artist's tone was firm and not intended to let her slide off.

"I said one more time, Miss Hwang, let go of my hand," this time, SinB huffed and loosen her grip as her bodyguard called her legal surname. She is serious. "But at least let me help you," she tried the last time but was still declined by Sowon.

An idea came to the artist's mind. She snatched away the ointment on the table and ran away, "Catch me if you can." The impromptu act flabbergasted the bodyguard. She is in an awkward situation to escape her room.

Sowon sighed and looked at the half-opened door, she draped on the black coat she took off just now and went out. SinB was sitting freely on the couch waiting for the bodyguard's arrival. "Give me back," a hand pressing the clothes to prevent falling down, trembled and stretched out her hand to request back the ointment.

"I can return to you, but on one condition," the mischievous smile plastered on her face. Sowon raised her eyes and listened to her request. "Let me help you too."

It was a normal request but not for Sowon. She heaved and retracted her hand hopelessly, and returned back to her room desolate.

---- Past ----

Years ago, SinB experienced her first-ever scandal that totally did not exist with a top boy band group member in the world. She had suffered a lot not only from the media and reporters but from the crazy fans of the boy band group. In addition to the original delegation of male bodyguards, her agency had hired more to tighten security and a female officer for close protection. Due to the danger of intangible harm to them, they needed someone capable of protecting the artist at all costs. Sowon was the one delegated.

As they thought the incident was slowly fading away as no media were airing it and the K-netz had seldomly discussed it, the company decided to restore her schedule. Sowon was still stuck to SinB as the withdrawal contract was for 6 months. Her company took precautions to nip in the bud residue. As a way of providing close protection throughout these 6 months, they live together under the same roof.

During a short-term stay in the dorm with the artist, Sowon didn't bring many personal items, other than routine care, two or three sets of casual clothes, and a few black suits for on-duty. Minimalist.

SinB had a short holiday after her album promotion ended before the marathon school festival performance began this weekend. She decided to disguise herself for the public after being restricted from her company. She is a homebody person but after a while stuck in the apartment, she wanted to get some fresh air. Of course, knowing her target was dressed to hang out by herself, Sowon dressed too, but a black suit was too conspicuous. SinB dragged her back to the wardrobe and frowned at her cabinet. She dragged her to hers.

A black tee shirt with jeans and a baseball cap, SinB was satisfied with her masterpiece via the full-length mirror. The tee the artist pulled out was too large, but it came into shape when she put it into her bodyguard. The large size of the jeans she had was right to fit her long legs. This time SinB looked directly at Sowon, and the bodyguard looked at her too. The artist didn't expect her move to be predictable. She blushed harder. The beginning of love for a girl who just entered her 20s.

And so they proceeded, and Sowon consistently maintained her manners and hand to prevent collisions with idle people. The bodyguard was more concerned about sneaking out which her company didn't know. She needed to ensure the artist return with not a scratch landing on her.

The way Sowon posed was rigid as if to alert her to the surroundings. SinB found her funny and she arose mischiefly. SinB paused her walked and suddenly speed up, running blindly to somewhere else, seeing Sowon couldn't catch up with her, she laughed at her wit. Soon, a hand from somewhere grabbed her aside, in between the few seconds, guilty gushed over her soon as play the game which jeopardized her personal safety. Skimming off from her bodyguard was never a good choice. She thought making big chaos might lead to her being scolded by the company and incriminating Sowon's job reputation.

"Child, where do you want to be?" The cold familiar tone came from behind making the heart hang in the middle of the sky relieve down. Sowon is taller than her. The aura suppressed SinB till he couldn't speak.

"If you think you can fool me with your tricks, you challenge my professionalism." Sowon grabbed the artist's upper arm to ensure she doesn't run away suddenly like just now. The first is luck that nothing wrong happens to the artist, she doesn't want to repeat the second time, and she couldn't guarantee any. SinB behaved and never got too far from Sowon as the bodyguard grip holds her around. Sowon released the grip only after they reached their car af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter