Kitty's puppy, Puppy's kitty (Sinju)

GFriend One Shot Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“SinB babe!” a person trudged in before the door opened fully, leaving the manager to smile embarrassedly at the tall girl who was brewing the coffee in the opened kitchen. The owner of the name jolted along with her Switch on her hand and a tall woman crashed into her.

Then, her manager left after assuring her artist reached home safely.

Sowon, the tall woman standing in the kitchen holding the coffee she had finished brewing, heaved a sigh of relief that the coffee for SinB hadn’t been served yet. This must create chaos later.

“I missed you…” Yuju drew closer to SinB and kept nuzzling till they reached the corner of the sofa. Yuju was really missing her girlfriend after spending a week overseas for her job. She was fully enthusiastic to her despite the long flight, but SinB was full of irritation writing on her face.

“Yah! Yah! Get away from me!” SinB pushed her with both of her hands, nevertheless, the singer had learned pole dancing before and her grip strength was not a joke. “Mmm … Wae? I really missed you…” she pouted, and SinB’s heart soften without a second. "At least clean yourself first," she said, slightly tilting back, and Yuju headed to their room to prepare for a shower.

Sowon took the coffee cups to the tea table in front and sat on the one seat left to SinB, noting the young lady's knitted brows. “Failed again?” and she received a glare from the gamer.

Sowon chuckled and sipped her coffee, looking at her fully engrossed in the game she restarted.

Scientists proved that the different poles of the magnet will attract to each other when it is put together. But humans tend to group together like birds of a feather.

The year Yuju and SinB fell in love and announced their relationship was beyond their expectation.

Yuju, a junior in art performance high school, majoring in the singing course, is a hot extrovert, literally a puppy-liked person. SinB is a sophomore at the same school as Yuju, majoring in dance, and is a cool introvert. Likely an arrogant kitten. Other than sharing almost the same popularity, the top-tier students were the exact opposite.

Everyone wondered, and it became the largest unsolved mystery in the universe among high school students.

“Hurry up guys, get your partner and start the practice,” the instructor clapped his hand to alert the students in the activities room to revise the performance they prepared for the audition for the coming school festival performance. Everyone got their partner a second after the instructor’s words and dispersed to their personal space leaving SinB and another tall girl from a different group.

SinB and she stood stiff as she was absent last week, she was confused, and the girl was beaming at her. “You and you, a group. Move, now!” the instructor looked at both girls and had no response, so every second is gold now for them to catch up with the practice especially since them missing a period and falling behind a lot.

“Hello, I’m Yuju from the singing division. Nice to meet you.” The beaming girl stretches out her hand to SinB. The black hoodie girl stared at her and walked away, leaving her confused. “SinB doesn’t like to talk but she is the good one,” the girl from the same department nudged Yuju and told her about some of her classmates.

Later she retrieved from the too much information she received from the student; she felt an intense glare from where SinB went. She just stopped there as she felt no one following her, the dancer turned and Yuju could see the cold expression shoot at her.

Ah, this may be hard though. She shook her head and hurried to catch up with the cold girl in front.

A week passed; they met up after class every day to catch up on the practice with each other. SinB didn’t talk much other than the instruction and advice regarding Yuju’s steps and the singing part Yuju arranged for her.

And Yuju noticed some changes in SinB when she sang her part, her ears became redder.

On the day of the audition, the members of the student representative society were there and all the instructors as the panel to judge the suitability of the performance for the school festival.

They practice as many times as they could until reaching perfection, Yuju was relaxed, but SinB kept rubbing her palm on the microphone. SinB can dance confidently in the public, but singing was not her thing, she didn’t dare to sing in front of so many people.

“Are you okay?” concerned Yuju to her partner today later on the stage.

SinB’s every facial muscle failed to coordinate, and her expression was unreadable, kept changing her hand holding the microphone to wipe off the sweat on her palm. Yuju poked the dancer’s shoulder, hoping to get a response from her. However, the light poke was not working.

The singer breathed in and out and smacked the dancer’s back. The dancer jumped and looked at her, at that moment, Yuju was like the light shone into her.

“Come on! Let's go, it's our turn! Re"Relax and take the stage!" SinB was practically dragged on stage to start their performance. In the aftermath of the stage, SinB's felt full and her eyes never moved away from Yuju again.

The final performance list came out and the selected teams were required to visit the instructor for comments to improve the completeness of the performance.

“The performance of your group is impeccable in every aspect, formation, strength, time, and many other. But it still lacks something between you, I couldn’t verb out too, like … chemistry? To spice up the performance, I suggest you both improve your relationship first. Fighting for the performance next month!”

And the instructor just drilled the right hole …

“Come, hug once! For we have been selected!" the singer requested from the dancer after walking out of the office. She opened her hands wide and waited for SinB's return. Yuju always did this to the partner when they were picked to perform publicly.

SinB looked at her terror, the double triple times unwillingly to do it. She rejected it physically and psychologically to hug someone, especially in a public place. She felt uncomfortable with it, and her fur stood up when she was forced to hug someone she didn’t like.

Not waiting for SinB to prepare herself inside out, a transient strength dragged her into an embracement, and the strength was strong till she couldn’t breathe freely. The dancer inhaled after Yuju lose her hand, creating a small void for her to balance the oxygen intake to her body.

It was an earthy scent and a rosy cheek.

"Our junior's dancing skills are the best," Yuju said ruffling the younger's hair and walking away.

Who knows? The chemistry between them was slowly brewing.

The pair practised every day after the class and the weekend, and SinB became weirder and weirder according to Sowon, her only friend since stepping into high school. Her sudden mood swings gave Sowon a headache and the dancer was delighted in a second and turned dark in another second. The most severe, SinB promised Sowon to company her to the nearby complex but in another minute Sowon was not sure whether SinB encountered someone and walked away madly back to their shared dorm.

Besides, from the scene, Sowon witnessed herself, even weirder.

Yuju and SinB were tired after completing their practice for today and decided to grab drinks in the canteen. SinB gladly offered herself to buy the drinks after picking a nice seat. Choosing Yuju's favourite drink from the open fridge based on her daily observations and one for herself, she paid and returned. However, her mood of enjoyment died down when she saw someone sitting there chatting with Yuju and the singer didn’t notice her. She left the drinks on the table behind and stormed away.

Sowon saw it all as she entered the canteen from a different direction which was just right for her to enjoy the whole scene when she approached her girlfriend, someone who chatting with Yuju, and the latter was Eunha’s classmate who joined the same society.

As the couple observed Yuju, she kept looking in the direction of the convenience store, as if she was searching for someone who had already left without her knowledge. “Who are you looking for?”

"My partner, she says she will grab the drink, but she seems like … lost?”

Eunha got her attention when she asked, "Who is your partner?". “Her name is SinB, a year younger than us. That’s all I know.”

“SinB?” Sowon muttered to herself, it shouldn’t be a coincidence, Should it? The petite’s girlfriend walked to the table where SinB left the drink, took it, and gave it to her. "Wow, it's rare for someone to get her the right drink in one guess," Eunha replied, with a tinge of jealousy.

“I don’t, I just pick it from there. SinB left it after seeing someone walk in this direction and leave.”

“You know SinB too?”

“Yup, she is my dormmate. She is weird these times.” Taught Sowon when brought up the topic of SinB.

“I feel it too, the first impression was like cold, doesn’t like to talk much, introvert but slowly turned to a grumpy one, grumpy all the time from the tone I perceived from.”

"Maybe we should set up a bureau if you want to know what's going on with her. is tightly sealed.”

“A bureau?”

“Yes, a bureau”

A week before the official performance, the amount of practice increased. Yuju was left alone as SinB walked away to get drinks for them to quench their thirst after the intense practice. As a hot girl in high school, few people accost her when the singer was alone there, and Yuju, who likes to make new friends, did not reject and chat for a while.

SinB stepped out of the convenience store and felt everything like déjà vu, but worse was she was in the middle of the boys. The cold aura that SinB always gave worked so well, and they were excused to leave when the shivering personality stepped forward and stood behind Yuju.

“I’m sorry. We are in rushed,” spoke SinB and dragged away the singer who was still in the middle of bidding bye to the boys.

“Ah~ Wae~ I just get to kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter