HOW

mY GanGstah?!?!

AMBER'S P.O.V.


My bed is in a mess.

I tossed and turned myself on it.

My head is in shambles.

It's 11:39 p.m. and I cannot sleep.

I want to but my body would not cooperate.

After that touching incident my mind kept on pondering why I have not fainted.

Does it mean I am free to touch any one now?

My body suddenly jerked in frustration and had accidentally bumped my head on the wall.

Ouch . . . .

Agony.

Why am I even in this state? con1.gif

I used to be calm and care-free.

Human girls are not interesting to look at.

The girls in this school are no exception.

All have their own flaws inside and out.

Most of them are shallow rich brats too.

They like people for their looks even before knowing them first.

Thinking that a bit of some looks or not as long as they have money, they can have anyone to fall for them.

Me? I'll take a detour from all of those types of girls even before I even see them.

I think I can live being single for life.

Since only anime heroines are hot.

Heck! Even the evil girls in the mangas are really burning hot and y.

They have those body figures unlike no other.

I even imagined myself as the hero and rescuing such damsels in distress.

But in reality I can't even help a two year old girl as long as it is a 'girl'.

However, that young Jung certainly has a nice – AISH! Why am I poisoning my valuable brain cells?

Wait, it's not poisoning rather it is clouding every miniscule part of my brain.

My memory is so good at remembering that I always ended up in having flashbacks of that Jung.

It all started because of that hand clasping thingy called

WAE??!??

POR QUE??!??

PERCHE??!??

NAZE??!??

POURQUOI??!??

WEIHE??!??

WHY??!??

*SIGH

Okay, I just said "why" in seven different languages.

Should stop this nervousness or my compulsion will start again.

How come it is such a big deal for me when touching a girl?

It's not that I am afraid of a girl.

I am afraid of their touch and the darkness it sends me to whenever I dim into a black out.

My family already tried desensitization process, all medical discoveries known to man and what not but still nothing.

Since I cannot sleep then how about some fresh air?

Unbolting the sliding glass door to the outside balcony I was met with fresh chilly wind.

"Ahhhh – that's better."

I went to one of the Chaise lounge chairs and rested my body there.

"Hmmm – nice."

The stars are so bright tonight.

I was about to shut my eyes when a someone's light was switched on.

Jung?

That sleepy head junior version of her older sister is up?

Although she is awake most classes however I would catch glimpses of her sleeping.

It is an unbelievable habit for a student council member, right?

Time check 12:40 a.m.

Why is she up?

Should I look?

"ARGHHHH!"

Why is she yelling at dawn?

Does she have the randomness to be a rooster now?

*SIGH!

Better check Jung.

Stealing a look, I saw her intensively eyeing that book which is – our math book?

Does she have hard time with it?

So when she stated that she needs me to tutor her was half because she has hard time with it?

Should I or not?

Would she throw another potted plant at me if I try to tutor her?

Best not to bother with – but my body won't function and try to get some sleep.

Is my brain unconsciously telling me to help her?

Leaning an inch away her window I contemplate on all possibilities including those disastrous consequences that might come.

*SIGH

Turning to the window, I will knock so – "BOO!"

Aaaaaaccccck!

I was like some lizard sticking very close to the wall with one hand clutching my chest.

Never was I shocked this much in my entire life.

Sure there were times but this made my heart palpitate loudly and sweating in a matter of seconds.

"So what does a like you doing peeping through my window at dawn?"

I don't believe this girl.

Me?? A ert?? Again??

"For your information oh so - assuming - she - is – very - gorgeous – one, I was disturbed from my sleep because of your yelling."

Yes, touché! con19.gif

con7.gif "Oh really smart a**? Unlike other gifted or talented people I have to work my way through school. I don't intend to let all the money of my parents do all the effort of molding my future. Also, I don't want to be some one ill-equipped girl who graduated with some distinction but when asked why 2+2 is equal to four will become too mute to answer."

Good point.

"On another note, why should you disturb other's rest with such yelling just for a simple subject such as math otherwise?"

". . ."

Cat caught your tongue Jung?

I smiled in victory then she slammed shut her window.

What???

I was just being logical.

Oh come on, don't tell me I am wrong?

Why do I have that inkling feeling I did something wrong by stating the facts?

AISH! Alright!

As I was about to open the sliding door I realized something that made me a dumb fool.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


KRYSTAL'S P.O.V.

For a smart kid she really is stupid to have common sense.

She didn't have to tell me not to shout in frustration because I could not understand math.

I know how people back stabbed me and my sister behind our backs.

Saying how pretty we are but questioning our brain capacities.

How good our figures are but could we even figure out problems on our own without the help of mother or father dear.

I know how to be happy and blessed for the looks, talents and family that God bestowed upon me yet the constant criticism from people sometimes lets you wish to be a 'nobody'.

People smile at you but only a few of them could genuinely do that without pretenses.

Some would perhaps think out loud 'Wow! A Jung with good genes but does she have the brains besides the beauty?'

When did I started this pessimistic way of thinking?

FLASHBACK

During annual party attended my parents when I was young. We smiled back then with all honesty and innocence until me and unnie overheard one of the kids talking to their parents.

PARENT: "Go befriend the children of the Jungs."

CHILD: "Why should I appa? I don't like to use them."

PARENT: "I know however they have the necessary resources and connections for us to expand our business. Besides, do you want to become less than number one?"

CHILD: "Appa, I don't like to let my friends here see that I am with them. They all think they are all beauty and no part of their brain is working."

PARENT: "Just zip your mouth and befriend them."

CHILD: "Yes appa."

*END OF FLASHBACK


My unnie was furious with what we have heard so she asked our parents that we go home ahead of them.

Since then we both never wanted to attend such fancy parties nor befriend anyone else.

Of course, there are those who stood out even before our family became famous to own the richest and sought after enterprise in South Korea and perhaps the world.

Tiffany unnie for example was Sica unnie's best friend when we have studied for some time in the States. Who by the way is the daughter of parents whose mother is a fashion designer and her father being the owner of Korea's most read style magazine that would rival Ell* or Vogu* internationally. She never left Sica unnie's side ever since the people who being a brat were shot with my unnie's coldest glare for them to flee in an instant. Tiffany unnie and Sica actually had a lot of things in common sometimes I think they were glued most of the time.

Sunny unnie? Well, the three of us met her during our camp abroad. She is simple yet she was brave enough to defend us from certain posh bullies there who were richer than us. Although we still get to be bullied from then on Sunny unnie still stick with us through the bad times even up to this day. If you asked her what her parents occupation would be, she would simply say farmers. Yeah right, farmers of diamonds that is.

We also met Seohyun unnie in that camp. Being the daughter of two prominent and famous musicians, she was a prodigy in her own right. Seohyun unnie was coincidentally Sunny unnie's cousin so we also clicked since where ever her cousin would go she would too.

That's how we came about to being – *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Who the hell would dare to interrupt my serious reminiscing??

Looking at my wall clock, it’s already 1:27 a.m.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

It came from the window.

Amber?

What does she want now?

Wasn't she satisfied for winning our debate awhile ago?

She motioned her head for me to open the window.

Oh you think I am that easy huh?

Crossing my arms I raised an eyebrow to question her request.

She was now hugging herself out in the balcony.

*SIGH

Opening the window, I remarked, "For a witty person you sure are dumb to have stayed outside in just a pajama and no sleeves shirt."

"Some things just happened as it is. Never knew I had locked myself out here."

I shot her a confused look.

How could one lock herself outside the balcony?

As if reading my mind she explained, "Automatic state of the art security lock of the balcony's sliding doors. It won't open unless you get to wake up Taeyeon unnie who happens to be the only one with the code to it. So are you going to let me in or not?"

"How about you go through your own room's window?"

"Tried and failed. Please?"

Of course I would let you in after all those 'very kind' words you have sensitively said awhile ago.

*SIGH

"Please?" This time although she looked down a bit to her side it was enough for me to see sulk.

A sincere and very cute sulk was swiftly melting away every ounce of ill-feeling in me.

Spotting that I did not move Amber just slouched and sat down below my window.

*SIGH

For a brainiac you sure are more sensitive than any girl I have met.

So I necked out of my window and said, "Come in before you become too pale for class tomorrow. Girl phobic plus vampire looking tom would surely make you more appealing to the girls."

Amber furrowed her brows at my comment as she climbed over the windowpane.

She is still rubbing her arms.

Her muscled and well toned arms.

If she was a home buddy type of person how come those biceps and triceps came out to be like that?

Although she is skinny, Amber does have the body most girls in our school to crave for.

"Here, you can use my extra comforter for awhile and once you are warm enough you can return to your room."

She did not rebut nor complain and just accepted it then sat at the foot of my bed.

Good!

"Thanks Jung."

I faintly heard her say that.

"You are very much welcome."

An upward curve formed around my lips at those words.

It's already 2:24 a.m.

Better sleep now since doing an all nighter just for math won't do me any good.

As I was about to put myself to sleep, Amber said, "I can help you on math or whatever subject you are having a hard time with. Uhm – that is as thanks for the many things you have done for me so far."

Hmmmmm – tempting.

"Although it is alright with me hmmm - okay Li Yu, you have a deal."



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


AMBER'S P.O.V.

Stretching out my arms, opening my eyes I found myself in her room again.

I just somehow drifted off to sleep after she agreed to my proposal.

"6:15 a.m."

Even though it was less than four hours of sleep I somehow feel rejuvenated.

I folded the comforter she let me borrow and got up as silently as I could.

This dorm mate of mine really likes to sleep huh?

Okay, time to get ready for school.

Passing by her desk, I saw how much she was not able to answer the homework yet.

Oh well –



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


MINUTES BEFORE MATH CLASS


KRYSTAL'S P.O.V.


The teacher is not here yet.

Sulli and Nicole are chatting away.

It was nothing much.

Usual fan girl talk over this cold seatmate over to my left.

She has been reading manga again.

I took a fast peep at what kind she is happily flipping each page for.

Although there she did not smile nor snicker like the other day, I just know she is happy.

Her eyes tell it all.

*SIGH

I am bored and sleepy.

I stole another glance at her and by this time she caught me.

CRAP!

She might think I have some crush on her!

No way!

We are not even friends.

Hmmmm – at one point since last night, I have been considering this newbie to be a friend or not.

Witnessing all the events that had happened so far between us maybe it wouldn't hurt to give it a go.

I still felt her eyes on me.

It made me bow down to my notebook so that no one would see a blushing Jung.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


AMBER'S P.O.V.

What is this girl doing now?

She has been staring at nothing then at me.

Do I have some dirt on my face or what?

My eyes then unconsciously surveyed every part of her.

Not bad for a brat.

What am I thinking??!!

Must not get distracted for Kaoru Kamiya.

She needs me.

Ehem! I mean needs me to continue reading the story.

Someone out of nowhere has disturbed it though.

She discreetly handed me a piece of paper.

I opened it in which I have seen an adorable writing.

K: Why are you looking at me?

What the - ?

A: Don't get it to your head. You were the one who looked at me first.

I gave it back to her.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


AUTHOR'S P.O.V.

The passing of notes back and forth secretly kept them busy for awhile.

K: Hah! In your dreams Li Yu, I was just looking at your manga.

A: Yeah sure, tell yourself that Jung. So did you have enough vitamin A for today?

K: More like my malnourishment. Now you are being full of yourself or maybe you are the one pleasing herself with what you have seen. If I would have known, you are not reading your manga at all.

A: There is no way I am going to replace my Kaoru Kamiya for a girl like you.

K: Is that the same Kaoru Kamiya from Samurai X?? Pfffft! If I was drawn into that manga, Kenshin would have fallen for me at day one.

A: Don't you dare Jung. She has way more personality and kindness than some dorm mate I know.

K: Yeah right, tell yourself that Li Yu. I bet Kenshin would agree with me even before I would ask. HAHAHA!

Each line was now making them want to outwit one another.

As if in a battle, their raging auras were starting to get noticed by the people around them.

"Sorry for being a late class. Got held up by some paperwork and since the staff will have an emergency faculty meeting you will all be dismissed early. Just pass your assignments now and then you are free to go."



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



KRYSTAL'S P.O.V.

Face palmed self mentally now.

Because of someone I forgot my homework! con11.gif

I immediately got my work book out and then -