THIS IS THEN THE NEW BEGINNING

mY GanGstah?!?!

KRYSTAL'S P.O.V.


Lately, I have been not my usual self.


You know, Amber just confessed she likes me and I am in doubt whether it’s on a friendly basis or more.

 

A confession easily said just like that is hard to believe.

 

If you were in my shoes you would think so too.

 

What if she is just playing around?

 

Like it's a simple matter of liking me as a friend and nothing more.


I wish for it to be more though.


AISSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!


But I can’t!


It’s because of Jonghyun oppa.


I promised him that after the exams I will finally give him an answer.


Of course I know what to say, it would have been a ‘YES’ right away.


And that’s the main problem ‘IT WOULD HAVE BEEN’.


Until a heartless, insensitive, girl phobic, charming, charismatic, enjoyable – errrrrrrrrr – you know Amver came so ----- okay you get the point.


After she did what she had been yelling downhill the other day I don’t know how to face her or talk to her.


ARGH!


I messed up my hair in frustration as I walked towards school.


Better not trouble myself with this, right?


I think. . . . . .


What is happening here?


Did I end up in the wrong classroom??


"Are you going inside Jung or are you planning to block the door all day long?"


Amber asked me but was able to get the reason why I was frozen on my spot.


"Hey Jung, are you sure we are in the correct classroom?"


I don't know how to answer that.


Our classmates were already here.


EARLY.


For real, you would see students all tidy and all of them not talking and reading books.


BOOKS I tell you! Not magazines nor comics or any uneducating reading material.


Some were even using glasses.


WOW. . . . .


"Cool~ Nice change of atmosphere huh Jung?"


She just smirked at this situtation.


As we went inside, I was even more shocked to see Sulli and Nicole so early and studying??!!


Now why is it people are like this and I don't know how the heck this happened.


"Oh hey Krystal! Mianhe! So sorry for not noticing you there," Sulli hugged and apologized to me after sensing my presence.


So did Nicole as she said, "Hey cuz! Didn't know you were here already."


As everyone was so busy I diverted my eyes on a peculiar student who was reading her manga again.


"Yah. . . ." I tried to get her attention since I have nothing else to do.


"Yes Jung?"


Aish! Why isn't she looking at me and still had eyes on that stupid manga.


"Yah. . ."


Around this time I kicked her so she would be able to look at me.


Her face was in slight grimace but did not make a sound as she said, "Tell me what you want already Jung and don't start getting brutal with me."


She was giving her leg a gentle massage as I replied, "Why won't you look at the person who is trying to talk to you? Don't you know it's rude?"


She sighed and turned her head to face me, smiled and said, "Arasso, so what do you want from me attention-seeker?"


WHAT??


ME??


ATTENTION SEEKER??


"YAH! I am no attention seeker!"


I snapped back at her and almost wanted to punch her until I was silenced by our classmates.


Turning pink at such predicament especially that I was supposedly part of the student council, I bowed down my head.


"See? You are an attention seeker. You went quite all of a sudden after they sush-ed you," Amber proudly told me off.


She then happily went back to her manga reading.


To think that she just recently confessed to me.


Or did she just tell me lie?



Hmmmm. . . .


But I am still bothered why our classmates are all so busy studying?!?!?!?


Oh well, might as well sleep until the teacher arrives.


As I was about to close my eyes, somebody poked my nose.


When I squinted an eye, I saw Amber grinning.


What is she up to now?


Wait, why is there a note here?


A: They are studying for the upcoming exams next week or did you forget about it?


Okay after reading that, I mentally facepalmed myself.


K: Thanks. So are you going to treat me nice starting now Li Yu?


A: Well, that depends on a certain Jung's mood.


K: Whatever Li Yu and don't forget that you still owe me after winning the dare.


A: Whatever Jung. Anyways, what do you want from that win? Hurry up with it.


K: Sheeesh! Impatient aren't you? Okay, lemme see. hmmmmmm. . . . You will have to treat me very, very nicely starting now and will do what I will ask you to do without any complains, got that?


A: But that's too unfair! *pouts



Okay, is this our chat room now?


That "*pout" thing is cute to imagine.


K: But I won~ *merong!


A: Aish. . . . Bratty Jung!


K: Aish. . . . Hard headed Li Yu!


A: Cucumber phobic!


K: Girl phobic! Though it's an irony cause you are a girl yourself.


A: . . . . I wish you would fail the exams next week then T.T


K: Like a Jung like me would. Hmph! Don't forget to do the tutor later on and you will see. I will make you eat your words.


A: Like you can do that literally. Good luck - scratch that - best of luck though ^^



P.S. You are still y though especially when you are mad.




With that I became still and silent.


My hormones in array as my brain cells tried hard to process the last line Amber wrote to me.


It was kind of – uhhhh – flirtatious?


More than that, it was giving off signals I hoped won’t come.


The more I want to avoid thoughts about it the more they came rushing in to my head instead.


The random moments we shared.


The times were we played or goof off.


The chances were Amber won’t faint anymore as I would touch her.


Just remembering those unknowingly curved my lips upward.


Our little games were we would tease one another more and more each day.


And then there's that sudden confession of Amber to me again.


I was helpless as tiny tingling feelings were occupying her stomach at the moment as the blood flowed into her cheeks at the thought or possibility of Amber and her.


"Okay class! Whoa! Am I in the right room?"


The teacher interrupted MY thinking by then.


She was now inspecting them all from front to back, eyeing each student until a smile was formed on her face.


"So the 'reward policy' is taking a good effect huh? That's great! Can't wait to see who will get to taste Amber's and her cousins cooking! Although I wish I could sample it beforehand. Okay enough of the books students. Eyes on front."


She continued ranting on as I just facepalmed my forehead for forgetting about the 'reward policy'.


Of course, how did I even forget that?


Aish!


WAIT! Does this mean I have to study harder??? con23.gif


AISH!!!!





One thing is for sure, there is no way they would be able to get ‘her’ to cook for them. con11.gif

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




AUTHOR'S P.O.V.


Once at the dorm, the once lovey-dovey aura was replaced with unnies in serious battle mode.


Specifically, Jessica, Tiffany, Sunny and Seohyun.


The soshi squad, on the other hand, were gathered on the living room couch watching TV.


"Oh unnies, why are you all here? Why are you not helping your girlfriends? Especially with the 're- mmmmpfhhhhh!"


The soshi squad quickly covered Amber's mouth before she could continue saying the two words their girlfriends currently have a grudge for.


As soon as they were far from the ears of their girlfriends, Taeyeon said, "Don't ever mention or say those two words around them!"


"What two words?!?!? You mean 're-mmmmpfhhhhh!"


Yuri covered then let go once Amber was not resisting anymore.


"Sheeeeeeeesh! Quit covering my mouth will you?? Okay, I will not say those words. Anyways, why are you not helping them study? And why can't I say those two simple words???"


TAEYEON: “Fany said I was creating byun in action or rather I was a byuntae in distraction so she kicked me out of her room. Also, saying those two words would mean the end of me, your dear and precious cousin.”


YURI: “Sica said I let her loose her concentration although all I did was read with my glasses on. Seriously, those two words when I mentioned it, Sica almost froze me to death while saying ‘why did you even agree to do such a thing?!?!?!’”


SOOYOUNG: “Sunny bun doesn't like me to eat in her room as simple as that because she said it was creating unwanted noise pollution. She really doesn't like the idea of the you-know-what policy to the point that she threatened me to cut my meals into three times a day. Can you believe that?!?? Outrageous right?? Three??!! Is she keen on killling me for just a policy?????”


Then the shikskin number one sulked in a corner.


YOONA: “Hyunnie just wanted to concentrate on studying and no matter what I do would never become a distraction so I just gave up and left until I mentioned those two words which really scared me. Can you imagine, my Hyunnie, turning into Sudako in an instant???? Over just two simple words!??”


AMBER: “ Ahhhhhhh - okay.”


After that talk, the soshi squad dispersed.


As Amber was about to go to her room, she decided to pass by the four goddesses.


They were really all serious studying.


With their eyes flaming with determination.


Pens or pencils scribbling away and pages turned were the only sounds.


They have this mantra posted on their bulletin board near them saying 'TOP THE EXAMS OR KILL SEOBANGS!"


"Uhmmm unnies??"


They all simultaneously look up to Amber waiting for her to say something.


"Unnies, I thought of bringing you some snacks and drinks to help the tension out for a bit."


"Awwww how sweet of you Amber," Tiffany said with her eye smile.


"Thanks a lot dongsaeng," Jessica said after she grabbed some of the food.


"Whew! Thanks so much Amber," Sunny hugged her.


"Thank you Amber for such a sweet gesture," Seohyun said after politely excusing herself.


"You are very welcome unnies. This is much what I can do for all of you knowing that you have to work hard after what my unnies had made. To think they let me agree with the 'reward policy' hoping back then that it would make them more appealing to the girls."


*SNAP!



*SNAP!



*SNAP!



*SNAP!


Pencils and pens were broken in half.


"Ooops. . . ." Amber was able to say after that she hurriedly excused herself.

 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




NEXT DAY


“Uhhh unnies? You guys okay?”


Krystal asked worriedly as the soshi squad were now having eyebags, messy hair, frowning faces and seem like dark clouds were hovering above them, following them anywhere.


"Try asking your ever so smart Amber why we are like this. Adksfhlaksdfoweorhksdghh(@&$#(#^$%(#!" Taeyeon said as she rambled in frustration.


Before the maknae could probe any further an unexpected sound was heard.



*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK



Hmmm – who would visit them at this time of the day???



“YAH! OPEN UP OR YOU WILL REGRET IT!!”


At the sound of the familiar booming voice, the soshi squad quickly ran to the door.


As they opened it, they all smiled and cheerily said, “Uncle Hodong!”


Yeah, it really is HIM.


No doubt about it.


With his ‘big’ build and all too familiar laugh no one could mistake him for someone else.


He was wearing a black leather jacket along with black pants and shoes.


By his looks alone you would figure that he is a gangster and truth be told, he really is one.


The most feared but respected and well loved by all down town Seoul or perhaps all of Korea.


Unfortunately or fortunately, he is related to them.


He is the only male among his siblings after all.


Yep! His sisters are the mothers of Amber and the soshi squad.


Don’t ask me how it happened.


It just happened.


Blame it all on LOVE. ^^


Anyways, his bodyguards were behind him as he said, “My wonderful and cute nieces! I miss you all! Wait! 1, 2, 3, 4, - where is Amber? Where is my favorite niece?”


Just as he was looking for her, Amber came down from the steps and ran immediately towards the visitor.


“UNCLE PIGGY!”


Yep Amber called her that.


She was the only one brave enough to call him, the most feared boss in downtown Seoul, a piggy ahjussi.
Then it was like the slow motion button was pressed 'on'.


Hodong was slowly running towards her and so was Amber like long lost couples but in this case long lost relatives.


As they were now in front of each other, they stopped the sillyness as Amber gave him a big hug as Hodong complained, “After claiming you my favorite you still call me with that name?? Don’t you have any respect or love for me at all???? huhuhuhuhu”


The soshi squad were snickering at the side lines as the five goddesses just sneaked a peek at the whole situation.


“B-but I am used to it,” Amber mumbled with the cutest pout.


That in turn made Hodong all mushy inside and he cannot resist but give in as usual.


Who wouldn’t?


Especially that her pouts are as rare as her being un-stubborn.


“Arasso! Arasso!”


“YES!” Amber punched in the air over her victory again.


“Oh by the way uncle, what brought you here? We were just about to go to class,” Taeyeon asked.


“Oh right! Almost forgot! Good thing you reminded me. I had just opened this new club downtown and as usual I want you five to be there. Arasso?”


“But why do you need us uncle? You were able to establish successful chains of clubs so why the need for us?”


“It’s because you, my dear nieces, especially my favorite, Amber, always bring lots of customers. Haven’t you even wondered why I always want you five to be there at every opening? I even gave you all VIP passes to all of my clubs. Aren’t you grateful? Besides the point, I want you all there as usual for my customers. A lot of girl cust-mmmmmmmmmmmmppppphhhhhhhhhhhh!”


The soshi squad were now covering Hodong’s mouth with four hands in that instant.


By then, four goddesses came out with their arms crossed and arched eyebrows.


“So you four have any plans of going to that club?”


Jessica coldly asked as she eyed her girlfriend which somehow froze their uncle from saying anything.


“NOT me Sica! Only way I could go there is if you were with me!” Yuri smiled as she said it while large beads of sweat were forming at the sides of her forehead. con8.gif


“Hmmm we will see about that Kwon Yuri.”


Yuri could only swallow down the over produced saliva that has kept due to all the nervousness.


“How about you Kim Taeyeon?”


Tiffany eye smiled as she asked but somehow everyone sensed she has this evil intent raging within her waiting to be unleashed with one wrong move.


“I – I w-won’t go unless y-you’re my date F-Fany-ah,” Taeyeon stuttered.


“Good Tae – Tae.”


By then Taeyeon relaxed a bit.


“Choi Soo-“


“SunnyBunnyHowAboutWeGoTogetherThere? UnlessYouDon’tLikeTo,” Sooyoung said in a breeze as she stopped eating for awhile and concentrated on a shorty who is strong enough to bring down a Goliath like her down.


“Impressive. I thought you would never ask and of course I’d love to go with you,” Sunny said as she gave her one of her famous aegyo to which the others flinched at.


“Hyunnie, could you come with me to uncle’s invitation? I promise to buy you that Keroro stuff toy you always wanted,” Yoona quickly asked Seohyun even before she could open her lips to say a word or two.


“Yoong, I would love to go there,” Seohyun replied as she turned back into her innocent looking self.


In the middle of it all, Hodong, Krystal and Amber watched in amusement and so did the nosy two bodyguards.


“Oh by the way, uncle piggy these four lovely unnies are their (points to her cousins) girlfriends. Jessica unnie is with Yuri unnie, Taeyeon unnie with Tiffany unnie, Sooyoung unnie and Sunny unnie then lastly Seohyun unnie with Yoona unnie. So we can’t help you much into luring girls for any of your clubs anymore. Mianhe unnies, this is our mothers’ only brother.”


She said the introduction to the goddesses then continued, “He is our uncle Hodong but I am used to calling him uncle piggy which I am privileged to do so since birth,” Amber proudly bragged.


The four goddesses bowed down to him so as not to be rude and gave off compliments to him at which he blushed all too well for a man of his age.


“Wow, my nieces found very beautiful girlfriends. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! Your fan girls will surely mourn at my new club’s opening instead of celebrating.”


He shook his head as he imagined it all in his head with the profit proportionally crying too.


“But no worries! I still got my favorite Amber here! Right my little niece??”


He pinched her cheek while making aegyo or rather attempting to do aegyo.


“Oh uncle! We forgot to introduce you to our maknae here and Amber’s classmate, Krystal,” Yuri said as she grabbed hold of Krystal.


“Is she Amber’s girlfriend???” Hodong asked as his eyes were wide open.


He was looking at Amber then Krystal and back and forth.


“No uncle, she is just a good friend also you can’t use me as bait. I was phobic to girls and still am,” Amber stated calmly.


“Besides Krystal though uncle,” Taeyeon interjected.


“Yeah! She does not faint much when it comes to her,” Sooyoung added.


“Who knows! They might actually be in a relationship but had kept it down low,” Yoona said as she acted out the down low part.


The others chuckled as Amber was becoming pink at the ideas they were formulating one by one.


Even Krystal’s unnies helped out on the conversation.



“YAH! YAH! QUIT TEASING ME! I KNOW I ACCIDENTALLY BLURTED OUT TO THE OTHER UNNIES WHY THE POLICY CAME TO BE BUT YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO GO THIS FAR!“


Those words brought back the gap between the soshi squad and their girlfriends.


“Maybe we should have left Amber in Krystal’s room ‘that’ day,” Yuri reflected on the day where Amber was shouting after waking up with Krystal inside the latter’s room.


“Yeah, it might have done us a huge deal of less hassle,” Taeyeon agreed.


“*SIGH We would have been hearing her screaming then faint then scream then faint then do it all over again this morning if we didn’t ask Krystal to move a bit *SIGH,” Sooyoung shook her head in regret as if Amber screaming and fainting a number of times would have been a good piece of morning routine.


“How about we ask Krystal to go with us too? So that Amber has no choice but to go also since we know our little dongsaeng does not like to end up being alone in the dorm when crazy fangirls would suddenly attack her there,” Yoona asked out of the blue.


“NO WAY! HEY JUNG! Please don’t a-“

“Yeah, sure! Why not! My unnies will be there anyways and I am bored,” Krystal cut Amber’s sentence even before she could try to finish it.






“Oh crap. . . . .” That was all Amber Li Yu could say as she face palmed herself.