Chapter 2

The Ultimate Weapon

"Do you think he'd give you back your phone?" Asked Taehyun. "I don't know," said Soobin as they stood just outside of Gunil's small front yard. "Everything about this place just screams creepy," said Taehyun as he looked around.

"It doesn't even look like a proper house, it's a shed at best," said Soobin. "It looks like it could be one of those tiny houses," said Taehyun. "You think so?" Asked Soobin. "It could be," said Taehyun.

"Could you call my phone and see if someone picks up?" Asked Soobin. "I could try," hummed Taehyun as he took out his phone and called it, bringing it up to his ear to listen to it ring.

 

~



Gunil turned off the shower, listening as a phone that didn't belong to him started to ring. He put a towel around his waist before stepping out of the bathroom and heading out to the livingroom to grab the phone and answer it.

"Hello?" He asked. "Ah, sorry to bother you but I think you have my friend's phone," came the voice from the other side. "I do," hummed Gunil. "Where are you? I can bring it to you," he said. "Um, is it creepy to say right outside your house?" Asked the person on the other line.

"What, did you track the location or something?" Asked Gunil. "Yes," said the other person. Gunil looked at the name on the caller id and sighed. "Okay Taehyun," he said. "I'll be out in a second," he said before hanging up. "Wait-" came the reply before it got cut off. Gunil scoffs, putting the phone back down on the table before going to get dressed, putting on a hoodie and sweatpants to hide the worst of the scars and putting on some shoes. He grabbed the phone before heading outside.

Soobin looked surprised at the fact that Gunil had stepped out of his house and Taehyun flinched back, though he quickly composed himself. "Sorry," said Taehyun, looking sheepish as he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. "Careful next time yeah? You never know when it could end up in the wrong hands," said Gunil.

Soobin walked up to Gunil, a bit hesitant as he smiled slightly, the corners of his lips turning upwards. "Ah, the phone is mine," he said. Gunil tilted his head to the side as he studied Soobin before grabbing the phone from his pocket and handing it to Soobin. "Careful next time kid," he said. "I'm not a kid," Soobin mumbled with a scowl as he took the phone. "But thank you," he added, genuinely as relief flooded his body.

"Yeah yeah," said Gunil as he turned, walking back to his house. Soobin watched him go, looking down at his phone after Gunil entered his house before putting it in his pocket.

"Come on," huffed Taehyun as he put a hand on Soobin's shoulder. "We need to head home before our parents worry," he said. "Only yours would," Soobin sighed out as he turned, walking with Taehyun back to their respective houses.

 

~



Gunil sat down on his couch again, leaning his head back as he looked up at the ceiling. "Kids these days," he muttered, scoffing at the obvious lie he had been told. He closed his eyes, humming to himself as he zoned out, ignoring the world around him.
 

~



Soobin entered his room, sighing in defeat at how messy it was. He just wanted to sleep. "Sleep would have to wait it seemed," he mused, going to clean up his room and leaving his phone on the wireless charger sitting on his desk. He cleaned up before going to take a shower, getting dressed in the bathroom. He soon reentered his room, going to check his phone before laying down on his bed and throwing an arm over his eyes to try and fall asleep.
 

~



Taehyun entered his small studio apartment, throwing his bag on the chair by the door and taking off his shoes before going to the bathroom to take a shower. He came out and got dressed before going across the room to the kitchen to get something from the fridge and sat down at the small table in front of his bed after getting some sandwiches.

After eating Taehyun got up, going to throw away his paper plate before going to flop down on his bed, burying his face into his pillow. "Yeah... What parents huh?" He grumbled, closing his eyes and trying to sleep.

 

~



Loud knocking at the door caused Gunil to open his eyes, turning his head to look at the door. "The door is open," he called, getting up and facing the door as it swung open, revealing Junhan at the door. "Well, someone finally decided to come out of hiding," Gunil said with an amused tone, a small smile appearing as the corners of his lips turned upwards.

"God, why do you have to live all the way out here?" Whined Junhan as he walked in, making sure to close the door behind him. "I had to find somewhere the beast had to approve of," Gunil said, shrugging as he sat down on the couch again, Junhan going to lay down on the loveseat sitting against the adjacent wall.

"It's not too bad of a place," remarked Junhan as he looked around. "All I needed really was a bathroom," hummed Gunil as he shrugged. "The kitchen's just for show, and who the hell needs a bed?" He asked. "I mean you could have guests over that need a place to sleep," said Junhan. "That's what the couch is for," Gunil said matter-of-factly.

"The place could use a few more chairs though, maybe another couch against the back wall by the bathroom door," said Junhan. "That could be your resting spot, and the couch you're on can be moved to be a small barrier to the kitchen," he said. "And put a TV where the couch is," he added.

"It's not like I'm going to be here a lot," grunted Gunil as he leaned his head back and closed his eyes. "But what are the guests supposed to do when you are here?" Asked Junhan. "You didn't have to come by you know?" Asked Gunil as he opened his eyes, turning his head to glare at Junhan.

"Hey, I'm just saying," whined Junhan. "And I thought Jooyeon was the youngest," scoffed Gunil, earning a sigh from Junhan. "He is, but we all know he's like you," said Junhan. "Right," sighed Gunil as he got up. "What brings you this way anyway?" He asked, turning to Junhan.

"Ah, I wanted to know if you wanted to go hunting together?" Asked Junhan. "I mean, sure," said Gunil. "Really?" Asked Junhan as he quickly got to his feet. "I think the beast got something last night, but I haven't had a proper hunt myself since I left Berlin," hummed Gunil.

"Let's go~!" Junhan exclaimed excitedly, pointing forward as he ran out the door after opening it. Gunil shook his head in amusement before grabbing his house keys and putting the lanyard around his neck and hiding it under his hoodie. He grabbed his phone and made sure it was secure in his pants pocket before leaving the house, shutting and locking the door behind him.

"Oi, the forest is this way," called Gunil as Junhan nearly sprinted down the road. Junhan quickly turned around and ran back. "I knew that!" Shouted Junhan before he sprinted into the forest. Gunil let out an exasperated sigh before looking around to make sure they weren't being watched. As soon as the coast was clear he sprinted into the forest behind his house, catching up with Junhan who quickly turned serious as he focused on hunting.

 

~



Two deer later saw Gunil and Junhan relaxing against a tree as Gunil wasn't ready to head back yet.

"The others miss you, you know," Junhan said suddenly as he put his hands in his jacket pocket. "I figured," hummed Gunil as he looked up at the sky through the trees. "I'm not ready to head back yet," he added. "You know this," he said. "I know," Junhan said, sighing as he shook his head.

"I'll be fine out here," said Gunil. "The beast is finally satiated it seems," he added. "Sure," said Junhan. "Just don't get yourself killed now," he said. "No promises," hummed Gunil.