Chapter 16

The Ultimate Weapon

Gunil spent the next few months training Taehyun, putting him through the ringer and training him in everything including how to use his prized rifle. Taehyun's wolf hadn't want to come out yet, and that was fine with Taehyun.

Gunil was fine with that as well, as he remembered how painful the first change had been, and had explained in excruciating detail what would happen to Taehyun. Going as far as changing into the beast in front of him to let Taehyun get a feel of what would happen.

 

~



"So why do you call your wolf the beast?" Asked Taehyun as he and Gunil finished hunting and started heading back. "That's what he is," hummed Gunil as he shrugged. "I think he looks cool," commented Taehyun as he shrugged, earning an amused snort from Gunil.

"What, he is cool," grumbled Taehyun. "Only you would believe that," responded Gunil as he sighed, stopping to lean against a tree. "What?" asked Taehyun as he stopped a few feet in front of Gunil and turned to Gunil. "I never explained to you what happened for me to end up like this," hummed Gunil.

"You were in the camps right?" asked Taehyun. "Unit 731 or something?" He asked. "Correct," answered Gunil as he nodded, examining Taehyun with his head tilted to the side. "So what happened?" asked Taehyun.

"I became who I am due to human experimentation," growled Gunil as his hands twitched, going to grip the tree behind him as he let out a breath, trying to calm himself down. Taehyun moved farther away, wary now as he glared warily at Gunil.

"I can handle it- just- give me a minute," growled Gunil as he grit his teeth, closing his eyes to bring in the beast. Taehyun shivered at the tone, his own wolf responding with a whine in the back of his mind. It seemed like his wolf was finally waking up.

After a few minutes Gunil let out a huff, opening his eyes and looking at Taehyun. Taehyun stared back at him, a hint of fear in his eyes even though he kept his expression blank.

"I- it's fine, I'm fine," mumbled Gunil as he calmed down, letting out a deep sigh as he moved away from the tree. Taehyun still looked wary so he kept his distance, nodding to Gunil.

"But yeah, as I was saying," grumbled Gunil as he shook his head. "My captors were not sure what to do with me, as I was in the process of being turned into a vampire but when I woke I found another presence in my mind," he explained. "From what I understood from earlier experiments I was basically given a werewolf's wolf against my will, since other experiments failed," he added. "Giving a human a werewolf's wolf kills them, but giving a vampire a werewolf's wolf resulted in me," he explained.

"So you weren't turned the traditional way," remarked Taehyun. "No," hummed Gunil. "My wolf and I are constantly battling each other because I'm not who was originally the werewolf it had been born from," he explained. "We did come to a compromise, but when the beast is out it's him," he explained. "But I don't know where this wolf came from, or who was the original host for this wolf," he added.

"You said you got another person's wolf, how did that happen?" Asked Taehyun. "I believe the person had their wolf extracted," hummed Gunil. "But instead of bringing someone back like my brother, it was given to me," he said.

"Do you have any clue about what happened to the other person?" Asked Taehyun. "I don't," hummed Gunil. "If they're still alive, good for them, if not, then I don't know what to think, since I never knew them," he added. "Huh," hummed Taehyun.

"So what brought on the changes to make your wolf... That?" Asked Taehyun. "I always fought the change, as they tried to force it," explained Gunil. "This wolf didn't like these forced changes either, but it always came out as a normal wolf until something finally changed, and they got what they wanted," he added. "Ouch," mumbled Taehyun.

"It gained the name the beast more due to what we became," said Gunil. "I have no qualms against it, as we've worked out our problems but I'm done," he said, sighing. "This wolf needs to move on, it's not even supposed to be alive anymore," he said.

"I'm sorry," mumbled Taehyun. "Hopefully your wolf is more accommodating," mumbled Gunil. "Hopefully," agreed Taehyun as he turned and continued walking back. Gunil followed after him, heading back to Gunil's house where Soobin had been most of the day doing work for his classes.

 

~



Soobin groaned as he leaned his head back against the couch, stressed over assignments like usual. He rubbed his face with his hands before picking up his laptop and setting it to the side before getting up, walking over to the kitchen area to get something to drink. Midterms were coming up so on top of assignments Soobin needed to study.

He found something to drink before walking back to the couch, scowling at his laptop before closing the lid and going to put on his shoes, heading outside and closing the door and locking the door behind him. He turned to look at the now green grass that adorned the front yard with a small but content sigh, sitting down on the concrete slab that acted as a step into the house.

"Got tired of the work?" Asked Beomgyu as he walked over after he was done hunting, standing in front of Soobin. "I have to write a thesis on the human body, and I can barely function as it is when I'm also studying," grumbled Soobin as he leaned back against the door with a defeated sigh.

"You'll get it I'm sure," responded Beomgyu as he smiled encouragingly. "Of course, I'm just that awesome huh?" Soobin grumbled, earning a soft chuckle from Beomgyu.

"Maybe you shouldn't've chose science and biology as your majors?" Asked Beomgyu. Soobin grumbled in response, pouting as he tilted his head up to look at the sky. "It's annoying," he whined.

"Aw, is someone stressed out?" Asked Taehyun as he walked over with Gunil. 'You wouldn't believe how stressed I am," grumbled Soobin as he moved his head down to look at Taehyun. "God I'm glad I'm done with all that coding," grumbled Taehyun. "For the time being," Soobin said with a teasing grin. "Oi," whined Taehyun. "No more, just no," he grumbled.

"And I thought having two majors was bad," commented Soobin as he laughs. "Oi, I know I still have work but that damn coding assignment nearly killed me," grumbled Taehyun.

"Excuse me Mr. Computer Science major, I have had it worse than you, believe me," Soobin commented, tossing a rock at Taehyun. Taehyun let it hit his leg, scowling at Soobin. "At least I don't have to deal with whatever field you have been trying to get into," he retorted.

The tension was broken by the two of them bursting into laughter, and Gunil and Beomgyu joining them after realizing they were just kidding around like they usually were.

"God I needed that," Soobin breathed out, sighing as he wiped his tears. "That's what I'm here for," Taehyun responded as he grinned at Soobin who grinned back at him.