Chapter 12

The Ultimate Weapon

"They're thinking of replacing you huh?" Asked Seungmin as he sat with Gunil and Jungsu at a park near one of the train stations in Moscow.

"At least you guys have a way out," hummed Gunil. "You do too, technically," commented Jungsu as he leaned back on his hands. "I've outlived my usefulness," hummed Gunil as he shook his head.

"Word has it that Jiseok has his replacement," said Seungmin. "I'm not surprised, considering everything that's been happening the passed few months," Gunil muttered as he shook his head.

"Do you have yours?" Asked Jungsu as he tilted his head to the side. "I do," answered Gunil as he moved to get up, stretching. "Though, he won't be able to live without his best friend," he added. "I'm going to prepare for it, and I will text you when I'm ready to start handing everything over to them," he said.

"We'll be fine, right?" Asked Seungmin. "You two will be perfectly fine, as will Junhan and Jooyeon, along with the rest of our coven," answered Gunil. "It's just Jiseok and I, that are done," he added. "Though, there is a way out, I've contacted Moonbin and he agreed to become allies to you, and everyone else," he said.

"We still have Kevin and his pack," added Jungsu. "So the government can't touch us," he said. "In case that isn't enough, you have more help," said Gunil. "Even the Russian government fears the wrath of the vampire and werewolf hunting associations," he remarked with a scoff, turning and walking away.

 

~



Gunil hated what he was about to do, as he didn't want to subject anyone else to this pain, but he knew it was the right thing to do. If he kept Taehyun human they would force him to turn Soobin, and for all it was worth, Soobin didn't deserve that. Neither did Taehyun, but the kid was dying and Gunil had little to no options of what to do next besides choose a different successor and let Taehyun die.

"Kid," Gunil said gently as he went to shake Soobin awake. "Huh? Wha-?" Soobin asked sleepily as he jolted awake, yawning as he covered his mouth with his arm. "Why don't you go hang out with Beomgyu for a while?" Asked Gunil as he forced a small smile to appear. "I'll keep an eye on Taehyun, okay?" He asked.

"What are you going to do?" Asked Soobin as he looked suspicious. "Nothing," answered Gunil. "You deserve a break kid," he added.

"I don't know, it's been years since I've even hung out with Beomgyu, and I don't know him as well," mumbled Soobin. "But I guess I deserve a break," he commented, sighing as he got up.

"Tell Beomgyu to come over here for a second if you don't mind?" Asked Gunil. Soobin nodded, walking down to Beomgyu's room, knocking before entering.

 

~



Beomgyu left the room, walking over to Gunil who glared at the door like he was going to punch it in. "You needed me?" asked Beomgyu.

"You've done well, considering Jiseok chose you," commented Gunil as he turned to Beomgyu. "I guess I did huh?" Asked Beomgyu as he made his expression blank. "Most people wouldn't survive under Jiseok and his strict rules," commented Gunil.

"I guess it's good then, that he chose me when he could've chosen someone else," remarked Beomgyu. "It was either you or Yeonjun, but it seems he chose you first," hummed Gunil as he tilted his head to the side.

"As long as my brother will be fine," Beomgyu grumbled. "He'll be fine," said Gunil. "I'll make sure he's doing well when my time comes," he added.

"You're doing a lot for a stranger," commented Beomgyu. "I was in the same situation as you, you know," said Gunil as he turned back to the door. "The only thing you can do now is keep an eye on them, and when the time comes I'm going to need you to take Soobin to Moscow," he said. "Find Seungmin or Jungsu, they'll be able to give you everything you need," he said.

"How do I find someone I don't know?" Asked Beomgyu. "Easy, find a cathedral and you'll find Seungmin," said Gunil. "If you want to find Jungsu, go to a park near one of the train stations," he added. "Whichever you decide to do first you will find one or the other," he said.

"When do you want me to head on to Moscow?" Asked Beomgyu. "I'll let Jiseok know," hummed Gunil as he walked up to the door, opening it and walking in. He closed the door behind him, leaving Beomgyu to stand in the corridor, resigned to his role as he sighed in defeat. Beomgyu soon turned and walked back to his brother's room, putting on a smile as he entered it to find Soobin talking with Kai.

 

~



"Soobin is nice to talk to!" Said Kai as he grinned at Beomgyu when he entered the room. "Really?" Asked Beomgyu as his expression softened. "That's good," he commented. "I've always been good with kids," hummed Soobin as he grinned at Kai who grinned back at him.

"Do you mind staying with him for a bit? I need to get a drink," said Beomgyu as he turned to Soobin. "Ah, sure," hummed Soobin. "Bring me back something?" He asked. "Me too!" Exclaimed Kai. "Sure," hummed Beomgyu as he nodded, turning and leaving the room.

 

~



"I was going to ask if you needed to go hunting," said Gunil as he left Taehyun's room, spotting Beomgyu in the corridor. "I haven't hunted since I left the platoon, so yeah," hummed Beomgyu. "Well, we're going to get some deer, the beast is hungry too," hummed Gunil as he left the hospital with Beomgyu. "Right, no humans here," grumbled Beomgyu.

"Honestly, the diet is better, your thirst isn't as bad," said Gunil as they walked out of line of sight before sprinting into the forest to hunt. Beomgyu split away as Gunil needed to change, knowing how dangerous he could be when a vampire was around when the beast was out thanks to stories he had heard from Jiseok.

When they eventually met up after Gunil was back in human form and dressed Beomgyu looked saddened by the circumstances, earning an empathetic look from Gunil.

"I had to leave my brother behind too, when I found out that he was alive and well," muttered Gunil as he sighed. "It'll be hard, but it's better in the long run," he added. "Does it get easier?" Asked Beomgyu. "No, it will never get any easier because you're leaving this life behind," answered Gunil.

"How do I cope with this then?" Asked Beomgyu, looking at Gunil for help. "Find a friend that will support you," answered Gunil. "Soobin can't ever return to this life so you'll both be in the same boat, but he has an idea of what's going on," he added.

"Is that how you were with Jiseok?" Asked Beomgyu. "In a way, yes," hummed Gunil as he nodded. "It's going to be hard, but you won't be alone," he added.

 

~



"So what did you decide to do with Taehyun?" Asked Beomgyu as they headed back after getting drinks from a convenience store. "You'll find out soon," said Gunil. "You can't let me know now?" asked Beomgyu. "I have to explain to Soobin what's about to happen, so I'll need you there," hummed Gunil. "Okay," muttered Beomgyu.