Chapter 11

The Ultimate Weapon

Gunil let out a deep breath as he found himself in front of the house that the car ended up parked at. He looked around for a vantage point, finding a nearby convenience store with a roof he could sit on for a few days and be fine. He went to see about using the roof, climbing up after the owner let him. He found a place to sit down and sat down, sitting on a bucket that gave him a decent vantage point. Now it was time to wait.
 

~



Soobin sat outside the room that Taehyun was in, worried out of his mind over the state of his best friend. He wasn't allowed to go see Taehyun, as he wasn't a family member, but he was allowed to sit outside the room. He made sure all of Taehyun's professors had been let known of the current situation before working on his own assignments for his classes.

"...Soobin?" Came a voice somewhere above Soobin, causing Soobin to look up to spy a familiar face. "Beomgyu?" Asked Soobin as he looked surprised. "What brings you here?" He asked.

"I should ask you the same," commented Beomgyu as he looked at the closed door Soobin seemed to be guarding. "Ah, Taehyun's in the hospital," mumbled Soobin as he looked back at his laptop screen. "Ah..." Hummed Beomgyu.

"I guess you finally got dragged into the army," remarked Soobin as he looked back up at Beomgyu, noticing his uniform. "I had no choice," Beomgyu muttered, chuckling awkwardly. "After you entered high school I got dragged into military school," he added. "Ah," hummed Soobin.

"My kid brother's in the hospital again, so my captain granted me leave," said Beomgyu as he shrugged. "Kai was it? How is he?" Asked Soobin. "He's doing fine, better than a while ago anyway," hummed Beomgyu. "My paycheck is going towards his hospital bills," he said. "Is it a lot?" Asked Soobin as he looked concerned. "Yeah," hummed Beomgyu as he sighed.

"You'll make it through it I'm sure," said Soobin. "It's Taehyun I'm more worried about," he grumbled, looking back at his laptop screen. "How'd he end up in the hospital?" Asked Beomgyu as he looked into the room from the door window. "Car crash, broken lots of bones," mumbled Soobin. "They won't let me see him because I'm not a family member, but at least the nurse let me sit outside his room," he said. "Ah..." Hummed Beomgyu.

"Beomgyu," called a voice from down the corridor, causing Beomgyu to turn to the voice. "Captain," said Beomgyu as he bowed, causing Soobin to turn to the voice. "Did you see your brother?" Asked the captain. "Yeah, I just happened to bump into an old classmate of mine," said Beomgyu as he straightened up, motioning to Soobin who got to his feet after putting his laptop on the ground, bowing.

"I'm Soobin," said Soobin as he straightened. "Jiseok," hummed Jiseok as he reached Beomgyu and Soobin. "You're Yeonjun's brother right?" He asked. "Yeah, why?" Asked Soobin as he tilted his head to the side. "He's here visiting your mother?" Asked Jiseok.

"What's she in the hospital for?" Asked Soobin as he looked surprised. "Apparently she got beat to the point of being hospitalized," said Jiseok. "They tried to contact you, but they couldn't reach you," he said. "My phone has been broken for who knows how long," grumbled Soobin. "And I was kicked out of the house anyway, and I'm not even blood related to them," he added.

"If they really needed me they could've found me here," muttered Soobin as he sighed. "I think you're under a different last name, so I guess they couldn't find you," said Jiseok as he put his hands in his pockets. "My last name is Choi," said Soobin. "I don't know, I guess I really am getting disowned," he remarked, sighing as he leaned against the wall and slid to the floor next to his laptop.

"You're not required to head over there, but I'm sure someone will come over asking for you," said Beomgyu. "I'm sure," Soobin said with sarcasm. "I'm just saying," said Beomgyu. "I know I know," grumbled Soobin as he picked up his laptop and put it back in his lap. "I need to finish work for school, so if you'll excuse me," he added.

"Come on then," said Jiseok as he turned to Beomgyu. "We'll be back with food if you're hungry later," said Beomgyu. "Thanks," mumbled Soobin as he concentrated on the screen. Jiseok and Beomgyu left, going to check on Beomgyu's brother before going to see where Yeonjun ended up at.

 

~



Gunil had been observing things for the passed few days, and noted one thing while watching the building. Whoever had done what they had done was scared to leave the building. That usually meant one thing. The government was finding ways to get rid of him. They wouldn't get rid of him that easily, but he knew one thing. It was time to choose a successor.

It seemed the government chose for him, as Taehyun was in the hospital in a medically induced coma. He wasn't sure whether to keep Taehyun human and risk everything or turn him and risk even more than just that.

A sigh left Gunil as he heard footsteps behind him. "It's been a while Gunil," said Jiseok as he walked over, going to stand beside Gunil. "It has huh?" Asked Gunil as he smiled slightly, looking over at Jiseok before turning back to watching the building.

"The kid yours?" Asked Jiseok. "I didn't think they'd want to get rid of me this quickly, but yes," hummed Gunil. "You have been doing work for the government for years now," hummed Jiseok.

"The kid doesn't deserve to be into this," grumbled Gunil. "But sometimes we have no choice," finished Jiseok as he sighed. "I'm still protected by the association," hummed Gunil as he saw someone leave the house, lining up the shot and waiting until the person stood still before firing a shot, straight between the eyes.

A message pinged to Gunil's phone, congratulating him on the kill. Gunil slung the rifle over his shoulder and turned, walking away. "What's your decision?" Asked Jiseok as he turned and followed after Gunil. "You know it wasn't my decision to choose this kid," said Gunil as he sighed, climbing down from the roof before heading back towards his house with Jiseok following after him.

"Are you going to keep him human? Are you going to change him?" Asked Jiseok. "I don't know," grumbled Gunil. "Can we just drop it?!" He snarled, turning to Jiseok. "Okay, okay," said Jiseok as he put his hands up in surrender.

"What, you want to get rid of me too?" Asked Gunil as he turned around and continued walking. "No no," Jiseok said quickly. "I'm just curious, really," he added. "Hm," hummed Gunil.

 

~



Soobin was slumped down in the chair he had been given thanks to a kind nurse, sleeping with his arms crossed over his chest as he still stayed on guard to Taehyun's room. Yeonjun hadn't even come over to check on him, which even Soobin expected at this point considering that Soobin had been kicked out and they never bothered to try to look for him.

Beomgyu had at least come by to give him food and share a meal since Soobin refused to move from his spot, and even apologized for the bullying back during their school days. Soobin had forgotten all about the bullying, but accepted the apology since it did seem that Beomgyu had become a better person in the years since they had seen each other.

Soobin woke suddenly to someone nudging his foot, sitting up straight and looking at the person who woke him. "Y-Yeonjun," whispered Soobin as he slumped back down in his chair. "What the hell do you want?" He grumbled, moving to get comfortable.

"You aren't even going to visit mom huh?" Asked Yeonjun as he glared down at Soobin. "I didn't even know she was here until a couple days ago, what of it?" Spat Soobin. "It's not like I volunteered to get kicked out of the house, you kicked me out and when I tried to return dad beat me until I could barely walk," he growled. "You expect me to visit even after that?!" He nearly shouted.

"You would rather be here keeping an eye on someone who's probably going to die than visit your own family?!" Shouted Yeonjun. "I never belonged in your damn house, you knew this, mom knew this, hell even dad knew this," growled Soobin as he got to his feet. "The only reason I would ever go back is if I was in a coffin," he spat.

That earned a punch in the face from Yeonjun, sending Soobin back down into his chair with a grunt. "They raised you when you could've been abandoned," said Yeonjun. "And you're just going to abandon family like that?!" He yelled, going to punch Soobin again.

"Enough," said Beomgyu as he grabbed the fist, having ran over when he heard the shouting from his brother's room. "You're causing a scene," he said as a security guard walked over. "Walk away while you still have visiting rights," he added. "Visiting rights, okay yeah," scoffed Yeonjun.

"T-Take him away," mumbled Soobin. "I am done dealing with this," he spat, rubbing at his sore cheek. "Kick him out for all I care, I'm not associating myself with them anymore," he grumbled.

"You heard the kid," came another voice as Gunil walked over with Jiseok. "Get out of here," he said. "Plus he's an adult," he added. "He can choose whoever he wants to visit," he said.

"Come on Yeonjun," commanded Jiseok as he spoke in a serious tone. "Soobin has suffered enough, don't prolong it," he almost growled to Yeonjun as he walked forward, daring Yeonjun to defy his orders. Yeonjun backed down, albeit reluctantly, nodding. Jiseok nodded to Gunil who nodded back before walking off, Beomgyu sighing at Yeonjun before turning to Soobin.

"Are you okay?" asked Beomgyu. "I'll be fine, thanks for stopping him," muttered Soobin as a nurse brought over an icepack. He accepted it with a small thanks, putting it against his cheek and wincing at the cold.

"I'm just a couple rooms over if you need me, okay?" Asked Beomgyu. Soobin nodded and Beomgyu turned and walked back to his brother's room as the security guard walked away after making sure nothing else would happen. Gunil stared at the door that lead to Taehyun's room, thoughts racing through his mind.

"Did you take care of it?" Asked Soobin. "I did," hummed Gunil as he nodded.

"They wouldn't let me go in and see him," grumbled Soobin. "Of course not," Gunil said with a scoff. "I know why too," he added. "Why is that?" Asked Soobin as he turned to Gunil. "You'll find out soon kid," muttered Gunil, a decision finally made as he slumped his shoulders in defeat.