Chapter 20

The Ultimate Weapon

Kid,

If you're reading this then I'm probably already dead. By your hands or my own. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Soobin ended me at this point.

He was too nice though. I couldn't make him do it. If HE was the one to die then I'm probably around still. I wouldn't put it passed you to end me before that happens though.

Anyway. I leave you with my faction. Do what you want with it. It's supposed to be YOUR safe haven. You may get some missions here and there, but I let them know, that my faction would be getting new owners soon.

If you EVER end up in the states, go to Colorado. Deep in the mountains lies my brother's pack. They had to move houses after more deer hunters took their land, and they needed to make sure that they wouldn't be disturbed.

I have given you an address, and a phone number to be in contact with my brother in case he isn't home at the time of your visit. If you do.

Could you find the beast's host and tell them what happened? I just have a feeling that they're alive. The last thing I managed to gather was that they were a turned werewolf, but I haven't been able to look further than that.

I believe Moonbin may be able to get an answer for you, so good luck.

Live on for me kid,

-Gunil

 

~



It was how Taehyun, Soobin and Beomgyu found themselves surrounded by a pack of shapeshifters and a few vampires along with what seemed to be a normal dog, the information that Moonbin had given them having led them to Ithaca, New York. Soobin stayed behind Taehyun while Beomgyu kept to Soobin's back, ready to protect him if necessary.

"We have some information," Soobin stated in English, trying not to stutter in the face of danger. It was decided that Soobin would do the talking as he was the best English speaker but now he was sincerely regretting everything.

"A vampire by the name of Jisoo is who we need to talk to," Soobin managed to say in a steady voice, gulping at the low growl coming from the polar bear beside one of the vampires.

"If it helps any Moonbin would've sent word of our arrival?" Beomgyu asked in heavily accented English. "We don't allow outsiders on our land right now," said one vampire. "And you have a human?" He asked. "I-I'm here willingly, I swear!" Soobin stuttered out, wincing as growls erupted from the pack of 'shifters around them.

"You touch him and I will rip you to shreds," growled Taehyun as he stood protectively in front of Soobin. Soobin winced as it seemed to set them off more. "Taehyun, you need to back down," mumbled Soobin, speaking Russian now. "Your threat isn't helping, even though I don't think they understand Russian," he added.

"We should hear them out," said the one female vampire of the group. "I don't think they're here to harm us, they have a human," she said. One of the polar bears snorts, though he didn't disagree with her. He returned to human form, glaring at Taehyun. "Keep this kid on a leash," he growled. "We'll let you explain yourselves, let's go," he commanded, turning and shifting back to his polar bear form, walking away. The others soon followed after him and Taehyun, Soobin and Beomgyu had no choice but to follow.

Once they were back at the pack house, the female vampire and one of the polar bears and the dog broke away, the polar bear going to change and put on some clothes before coming back while the dog stayed by the female vampire as if to protect her.

"We can talk on the back deck," said the 'shifter. "I don't think even you would want to be inside where everyone could kill you hm?" He asked. Soobin nodded, motioning for him to go ahead. The 'shifter eyed him for a full minute before turning and walking towards the back deck, the female vampire and the dog following after him.

"We can leave right now," growled Taehyun. "We need to do this, it was his last wish," mumbled Soobin, speaking Russian again. They were forced to move when the 'shifters started converging on them, and Soobin took the lead, Taehyun to his left and Beomgyu to his right to protect him.

"What's your name human?" Asked the 'shifter as everyone found a place to sit. "Isn't it polite to state your name first?" Asked Soobin, speaking English again as he tried to look indifferent.

"...Daniel, are you happy now?" Asked Daniel. "You already know Jisoo, it seems," he added, motioning to said vampire.

"God, everything makes sense now!" Shouted Taehyun, flinching back apologetically as Daniel raised an eyebrow at him. "Um," mumbled Soobin. "Don't mind him?" He asked, laughing nervously as he shoved Taehyun by the arm, earning a grumble from Taehyun. "Sorry, but it's true," he whined.

"Anyway," Soobin interrupted, speaking English again. "I'm Soobin," he added. "The hostile hybrid is my best friend Taehyun, and the one over there with grey-ish hair is Beomgyu, he's Taehyun's right hand man," he said, introducing them.

"So what was your reason for coming here? Other than the fact that you're part of Gunil's faction?" Asked Daniel. "You knew who we were then?" Asked Soobin as he blinked in surprise. "Word travels fast in this world, get used to it human," Daniel said with a shake of his head.

"Oi," growled Taehyun. "Cool it Taehyun," Soobin said, scowling as he lightly hit Taehyun on the shoulder. "You have a name," Taehyun emphasized, glaring at Daniel who calmly looked back at him.

"Taehyun," spoke up Beomgyu as he shifted in his seat, fixing his gaze on Taehyun. "Leave it, they wouldn't be talking to us if we weren't allowed here," he commented. "Right, right," grumbled Taehyun as he crossed his arms over his chest, behaving for now.

"Well, we were following after a lead," said Soobin as he turned back to Daniel and Jisoo. "And we have reason to believe that the beast that was Gunil's wolf form belonged to your mate," he added. Jisoo blinked in surprise.

"It makes sense when you think about it," hummed Beomgyu, speaking English. "He was slowly losing control, and we couldn't figure out why," he added.

"So that's where my wolf went?" Asked Jisoo. "God, I've heard stories of his accomplishments but I didn't know that was what happened to him," she said. "You knew what was happening then?" Asked Soobin.

"I had an idea," Jisoo responded with a sigh. "But I didn't know where my wolf was going, I just... I don't know," she whispered.

"He didn't know where the wolf came from, so it's okay," said Soobin. "They're at peace now, it got too out of hand and we had to end it," he mumbled. "At least they're at peace now," hummed Jisoo. "Thank you, for bringing closure to me," she added.

"We had to bring closure for him too," Soobin commented with a soft smile. "It was his last wish, for us to find you anyway," he added.

 

~



After letting Soobin eat a meal they headed off, further west to find Gunil's brother Jisung to let him know of the news. Beomgyu was the one to let him know via a simple text and Jisung's host Kisu responded that they were home, and were welcome to head over.

"God, I can finally get a bed to sleep in," whined Soobin as he was being carried on Beomgyu's back this time. "Get some sleep, we'll be there in no time," said Beomgyu as he attached the two person harness that Soobin insisted on getting to his back before bending down and letting Soobin climb into the back part of the harness and let Taehyun tighten the straps before Beomgyu straightened, testing the strength with Soobin on his back before taking a few steps. Soobin closed his eyes, settling himself into Beomgyu's back as he got comfortable. Once Soobin was fine Beomgyu ran off, sprinting at full speed with Taehyun following after him.

 

~



It took longer than usual to head over, as Beomgyu and Taehyun needed to hunt and Soobin needed to eat, but eventually they made it, following a road that led straight up to the house.

"Soobin," Beomgyu said gently as he gently shook Soobin awake. "Hm?" Soobin asked sleepily. "We're here," hummed Beomgyu as Taehyun went to loosen the straps, letting Soobin climb out of the harness once Beomgyu bent down.

The door opened and Kisu stepped out nodding to them before inviting them in. Soobin was the first to head into the house, Taehyun following after him after helping Beomgyu out of the harness. Beomgyu took a second to take in his surroundings before following after them, heading inside and closing the door behind him.

"Why don't you get some sleep? We can talk more in the morning," Kisu said to Soobin. "I'd imagine your vampires would need to hunt," he added. "Do you mind?" Asked Soobin. "My pack alpha knows your here, so it's fine," responded Kisu as he nodded.

"You guys can go hunt," Soobin said, turning to Beomgyu and Taehyun. "I need to sleep," he added. "Will you be okay here?" Asked Taehyun, looking warily at Kisu. "I'll be fine," Soobin responded reassuringly as he smiled softly at Taehyun. "Go, you two need to hunt," he added.

"Will he- will he be okay?" Asked Taehyun, speaking English for the first time in a long time. "Soobin will be fine," Kisu answered reassuringly. "I'll let you see the room he'll be staying in if it helps?" He asked. Taehyun nodded, and Kisu motioned for them to follow him, leading Soobin to a guest room with a bathroom attached to it.

"You'll be sharing the bathroom with I think Hyunjin and Jungwoo but you should be left to your own devices," explained Kisu as Soobin looked around the room.

"Whose room is this if you don't mind me asking?" Asked Soobin. "It is actually a guest room, it's just that the other wolves like having their own space, so Jeno will occasionally sleep in here," answered Kisu. "Ah," hummed Soobin.

"Go hunt then," Soobin said, turning to Taehyun. "I know you need to," he added. "Fine," grumbled Taehyun, huffing as he turned and left after dropping the bag he had been carrying to the floor, soon leaving the house with Beomgyu.

"Protective isn't he?" Kisu asked with an amused tone. "I'm the only human in this mini coven of ours, so he's a bit over protective," Soobin explained with a lighthearted chuckle.

"Jisung is curious, though he will wait until the morning to talk," hummed Kisu before he left the room, closing the door behind him. Soobin went to take the bag and open it, grabbing a change of clothes and his towel before going to take a shower and change into a pair of basketball shorts and a black t-shirt. He soon reentered the room and went to flop down on the bed and fell asleep.

 

~



The next morning Soobin was woken by the sounds of people moving around, stretching in his bed before sitting up rather abruptly, almost forgetting where he was before remembering the journey it took to get here. He sighed, getting up and going into the bathroom after knocking to make sure there was no one in it and going to brush his teeth and get ready for the day.

Once he was dressed in a pair of jeans and a plain blue t-shirt Soobin headed out of the room, walking towards the sounds of people and into the kitchen.

"Ah, you must be the guest," commented the person at the stove as he didn't look up from cooking. "Soobin," Soobin answered in introduction. "Changkyun, I'm the pack alpha," Changkyun responded with a nod of his head. "Sit down and have some coffee, your coven mates are outside with Sunggyu, our resident vampire," he added. Soobin hummed, going to get a cup of coffee and sit down at the kitchen island, soon being joined by Kisu and two people he hadn't met yet, one getting coffee and the other going outside to get some fresh air.

"It's been so long since we've had guests," hummed Kisu as he shook his head. "I'm Hyunjin, the one who went outside is Jungwoo," Hyunjin said, smiling at Soobin who smiled back. "We almost have everyone," commented Kisu as he shrugged.

"Where'd everyone else go?" Asked Soobin. "Travelling, missions, the like," answered Changkyun as he called for breakfast, everyone who was outside walking back in and those who ate went to get plates of food, sitting around the kitchen island to eat while Taehyun, Beomgyu and Sunggyu sat at the kitchen table.

 

~



After breakfast Kisu let Jisung out, Jisung soon standing in his place as he stretched. "Well damn, he really does look a lot like Gunil," commented Beomgyu, earning a nod in agreement from Taehyun.

"I guess since you're here you're here to give me news of my brother?" Asked Jisung as he turned to Soobin. Soobin took off the metal chain of the dogtag that belonged to Gunil and threw it at Jisung who caught it, looking at the name on it.

"...Oh," Jisung whispered as it sunk in, clutching the dogtag tightly in his hand. "He asked for us to come see you," Soobin explained.

"Is he- is he at rest now? I know he didn't like showing how much he was suffering but," Jisung stuttered, putting the chain around his neck. "He's at rest now," Soobin answered with a nod. "G-Good," mumbled Jisung as he closed his eyes with a sigh. "Thank you, for bringing me this," he added. Soobin nodded, unable to say much more.

 

~



"I guess we'll be off now," commented Soobin as he and the others prepared to leave a few days later. "It's a nice area, we'll be sure to come visit again," he added. "Come by again soon, we'll be fine having you here," Jisung agreed, smiling at them.

"Why do I have to be the one carrying him this time?" Grumbled Taehyun as he prepared the harness, letting Soobin hop in once he was fine and standing, letting Beomgyu adjust the straps. "I had to carry him here, and don't lie, you're fine with Soobin on your back," Beomgyu teased, earning another grumble from Taehyun as Soobin let out a soft chuckle.

Taehyun only complained because they were leaving after all. Soobin saw right through his lies.

"We'll see you again soon then!" Taehyun called to Jisung who waved. Taehyun adjusted Soobin again before they were off, heading towards their next destination.