Chapter 6

The Ultimate Weapon

Gunil hugged his knees, shivering from the intense thirst he was feeling. No amount of water could quench it, and they wouldn't give him what he truly wanted. Not until the beast, whatever it was that was now inside him, fully submitted to his captors. He refused, and had been refusing for months by this point.

Gunil refused to give in. He
 needed to get through this. He shivered as he buried his face in his knees in an attempt to hide. As his captors came into his cell again they activated his collar which sent high volts of electricity through his body. He bit down on his left knee to keep from crying out, and the beast roared in the back of his mind, clawing its way forward and causing him to lurch forward with a cry in pain, his body starting to physically change into the one thing they wanted.

When Gunil came back to the world he was lying on his side, the burning in the back of his throat gone and bodies strewn all around his cell looking like they had been ripped apart before being feasted on. He hid from his captors, whimpering slightly as he hugged his knees to try and hide his face when he heard the door to his cell open again.

He felt someone pat his head in a comforting way before he felt the collar get removed, footsteps leaving him as a cleanup crew took the bodies out and sprayed him and his cell to get the blood washed away. He had been left alone after that, and as long as he did what he was told they left him alone and made sure the thirst and the beast's hunger was sated.

 

~



Gunil came back to the world when he heard footsteps, opening his eyes to see Junhan in front of him again. "Did you have a nice... What did you call it? Zone out?" Asked Junhan. "I guess you could say that," mumbled Gunil as he looked around the small roof he had been zoned out at for the passed few hours.

"How did you find me anyway?" Asked Gunil as he stood, stretching. "I figured you were here," said Junhan. "You always end up at this building," he said matter-of-factly. "You said this spot was a good sniping spot from your perspective," he said.

"Also, it's the only one the government gave us roof access to," Junhan said, going to look down at the street from the edge of the building. Gunil hummed in response.

"What brings you here?" Asked Gunil. "Ah, just checking up on you," said Junhan. "And to tell you that Seungmin took care of everything," he added. "Nice," said Gunil. "Tell Seungmin to keep wiring money every month until my return," he said.

"Where are you going now?" Asked Junhan. "Finland," said Gunil. "I thought I told you this," he said, turning to Junhan. "Uh, I'm pretty sure you've only told Jungsu this, as I didn't know you were headed that way," Junhan said, confused. "Oh," hummed Gunil. "Well, I'm only going to check on the neighbors," he said.

 

~



Soobin and Taehyun finished setting up their sleeping spots for the night after having dinner and checking assignments to make sure they didn't have any to do while they were enjoying time away from the world outside of Gunil's house. Taehyun made sure his bike was able to fit in the kitchen area and folded the wagon and put it next to the door in case they needed to do more grocery runs in the morning before making sure the door was locked.

Soobin came out of the bathroom after taking a shower and getting dressed, looking at Taehyun who turned and smiled at him. "Done?" Asked Taehyun. Soobin nodded, yawning before covering his mouth with his arm.

"Go ahead and get some sleep, we've done a lot today," said Taehyun as he went to make sure their phones were being charged and their laptops were still fine on battery percentage. Soobin nodded tiredly as he went to lay down on the couch, burying his face into the pillow and moving to get comfortable before falling asleep almost immediately. Taehyun shook his head in amusement before going to take a shower and get dressed before coming out of the bathroom.

"God you make me feel like the older person between us both sometimes," said Taehyun as he went to cover Soobin with the blanket. "Which, I guess I can understand," he mumbled, sighing before going to turn off the light and settle in on the loveseat. He curled up into a ball after covering himself with the blanket and soon fell asleep.

 

~



Gunil could feel the beast thrashing in its cage again, snarling in the back of his mind as he left Moscow. "The moment I let you out it won't be good," he grumbled to it, stopping by a tree as he almost collapsed against it, biting back whimpers in pain as he felt the first signs of the change start. "Can it wait?!" He nearly shouted, falling to his knees as he struggled to stay in control.

"Let me... Get passed city limits," he grunted, struggling to get to his feet, whimpering as he could feel the beast claw its way forward. He managed to send a text to Junhan to get his clothes as he rushed further out of city limits.

Gunil fell to his knees as he felt his bones start to change, biting down on his lip hard as he struggled to get his clothes off. "H-Hold on!" He snarled out as he lurched forward, struggling to get away from his discarded clothes. He struggled on the ground as he felt the change continue. He let the change happen as he got further away, letting the beast finally have its freedom.

The beast let out an ear piercing howl before crouching on all fours and running off, further into the forest as the light of the full moon started to shine on the forest floor.

 

~



Gunil came back to the world as he lay on his stomach on the forest floor, groaning as he turned over onto his back to see Junhan standing above him, not looking impressed. "How could you forget that yesterday was the full moon?" Junhan asked, throwing his clothes on Gunil.

"I haven't had to change like that in forever," grunted Gunil as he sat up. Junhan threw some cleaning wipes next to him and let him get cleaned up and get dressed, turning around and admiring the scenery around him.

"I don't think the beast likes it when you're not home," remarked Junhan as he turned around after Gunil got dressed. "Yeah well," hummed Gunil as he shrugged. "It can get over it," he huffed, walking away. "Where are you going now?" Asked Junhan.

"To Finland of course," Gunil said, turning to Junhan. "You're still going?" Junhan asked, sighing in exasperation. "Of course," said Gunil as he turned and sprinted off. Junhan shook his head and turned, heading back to Moscow.

 

~



After stopping in St Petersburg to catch up with Seongyoon to see how their information network was going, Gunil headed on to the borders, stopping to chat with Yuri as he waited on escorts to take him into Finland.

"You rarely come this way," called Kevin as he appeared nearby with Jibeom and Donghyun who were in their coyote forms. "I never had the chance to until recently," Gunil called back, waiting until Kevin nodded to let him enter the country. When Kevin gave his consent Gunil crossed over, waving to Yuri who shook his head and continued his border patrols. Gunil followed Kevin back to his pack house, Donghyun and Jibeom on either side of him as they headed back.

"Where's your human by the way?" Asked Gunil as he stopped just out of property lines. "She's in Berlin at the moment," said Kevin as he stopped, turning to look at Gunil. "Jacob took her over there to bond with their human, and Donghun's human," he said.

"Did you hunt yet?" Asked Kevin as he tilted his head to the side. "I did before coming over," said Gunil as he nodded his head.

"Go back on patrols," said Kevin as he turned to Donghyun and Jibeom. "He'll be fine with me," he added. Jibeom nodded his head, bowing before turning and running off. Donghyun was more hesitant, but turned and followed after Jibeom.