Chapter Twenty

Lock Me Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The soft kisses on my neck down to my shoulders woke me up. A smile appeared on my lips when I remembered where I was and who was the one responsible for those kisses.

I arrived last night or was it last morning. I’ve lost track of time if I’m here in New York. Byul wasn’t able to pick me up from their private hangar because she still had work. Instead, she sent her Dad while Jihye and Hana tagged along and picked me up.

“Good morning, babe. I know you’re awake already…” Byul whispered behind me. “Turn around please. I want my morning kisses before I get ready for work”

I sluggishly turned around while she helped me before wrapping her arms around my waist again. I smiled at her slightly puffy face and tired eyes. “Morning…” I whispered really softly, making her smile wider.

“Good morning. Kisses?”

I cupped her cheeks and leaned forward to give her a peck. I let our foreheads touch before pressing more pecks on her lips. Even with my eyes closed, I could feel the smile on her lips, especially when her cheeks became fluffier on my palms.

“I love you”

“I love you too.” I leaned forward and pressed a longer kiss this time. Then I pinched her cheek and gently pushed her off the bed. “Go shower already. I’ll go downstairs to prepare for your breakfast”

“Come to the company by lunch?”

She started playing with my hair and the feeling of her fingers running through my tresses was pulling me back to sleep. I sighed deeply and snuggled close to her, closing my eyes and allowing her warmth and scent to invade me.

“I’ll bring lunch for you and Seulgi”

“Okay… Dad can drive you there”

“I can drive myself there. There’s GPS. Let’s not bother your Dad”

“You have to park outside since you don’t have a company ID. Just tell the guards that you’re there to visit me and Seulgi. I’ll let them know ahead of time.” She squeezed me in her arms before I felt her pulling back, making me open my eyes. “One last kiss before I take the shower?” she asked, smiling at me to show off her dimples.

I puckered my lips and let her lean to me this time. Our lips connected in a loud smack.

Byul kissed my cheeks before she pushed the blanket to the side. The bed gently bounced as she climbed out of it. She tucked the blanket to me again before she headed to the bathroom to shower.

I let out a yawn and stretched on her bed. It’s so soft and comfortable. It smelled like her too and I wished to close my eyes some more but that would mean that I might miss breakfast. With my heavy body, I pushed the blanket to the side and climbed out of the bed. I fixed the blanket before I walked towards the bathroom and knocked on the door.

“I’ll be downstairs to make breakfast” I said over the splashing water inside the bathroom.

“Okay! I’ll be there!”

I tied my hair in a bun as I made my way downstairs.

I’m well oriented with the layout of their mansion now. All I had to remember was the way from the front door or the garage to the entry hall and to the most important rooms; bedrooms, kitchen, dining hall, their family dining area near the kitchen, and the tea room or their sitting area. There’s a lot of rooms left but when I was here the first time, I noticed those rooms were not used in casual settings. The rooms that I know are the most important ones to remember. If there’s more room I need to know, then I’ll know my way towards them by getting lost.

I found Jihye wearing an apron and tying the knot around her waist in the kitchen. I had a mischievous grin on as I sneakily made my way towards her. As I got closer to her, I leaned close to her ear and whispered, “Good morning, Jihye…”

“Ah!”

Her arms waved everywhere as she screamed on top of her lungs. She hit my head and my arm and it hurt but I didn’t mind. It was my fault after all.

“Ah!” she screamed at me one last time, her face bewildered and frightened.

I covered my mouth as I giggled at her. That’s one revenge down from all the teasings she did to me. “Good morning, Jihye” I said again in a singsong voice just to rile her up some more. “What are we cooking for breakfast?”

She grabbed one apron hanging by the kitchen wall and hit me with it. “You scared me!”

I grabbed the apron from her and wore it. “I did” I agreed, making her grunt and frown at me. “Western or Asian? Are we having an American or Korean breakfast?” I asked, ignoring her grunts as I went to their fridge to inspect what’s in there. “Oh, wait! You got kimchi! So we’re doing Korean then?” I asked, turning to Jihye for her answer.

I saw her still frowning with her arms in front of her. I closed the fridge and smiled apologetically at Jihye. I went to give her a hug and squeezed her in my arms. “Come on, you little punk. You made me dash from Seoul to Jeonju. Teased me nonstop. I got my tiny revenge and received about four slaps because of that”

She sighed heavily and hugged me back. “I was just thinking of Mom on my way down here and how she’d sometimes sneak behind my back because I would sneak around her to get in the kitchen. And then you suddenly scared me. I don’t know… I think I just missed Mom”

I hugged her even tighter and rubbed my hand on her back. “I’m sorry”

“It’s fine… Really”

“Should we go visit your Mom later in the afternoon? I’ve got news to tell her too”

The soft snigger from her made me feel so relieved as I let go of her. I softly pinch her cheek before we walked towards the fridge.

“You’re telling her you were able to tolerate my sister?”

“I made a promise to her when we first met.” I saw Jihye pulling out the jar of kimchi and thought that we’re doing Korean breakfast so I pulled the tray of eggs next. “I told her that I won’t give up on Byul so easily and that I’ll be patient with her”

“Mom knows us the best”

“She does.” I pulled out the rest of the ingredients of kimchi fried rice and rolled omelette. “I’d have to tell her how I almost broke my promise but I’ll do my best to keep it”

“That’s a hard promise to keep,” Jihye said sarcastically while I laughed alongside her.

Jihye wanted to learn how to make kimchi fried rice so I let her do that while I made the omelette. Hana came in the middle of us preparing for breakfast and wanted to try rolling the omelette. I left her with the omelette to prepare coffee for the adults. Then Jihye asked me to taste the fried rice and I was proud that she nailed it the first time.

She knew her flavors really well.

“So that’s why it smells fantastic in here” Mr. Moon came into the kitchen with a huge smile on his face. He went towards us and kissed his children good morning before wrapping me in a hug. “How’s your first night?” he asked, fixing himself a mug of coffee.

“Byul snores a lot so I wasn’t able to sleep that well” I joked, laughing along with Hana and Jihye.

Mr. Moon had the loudest laugh among us all.

“I heard that,” Byul said, behind us.

I helped Hana down the chair before I looked behind me and winked at Byul.

She’s wearing her usual three-piece suit. In all black this time. The top two buttons of her shirt were left open, her tie was just hanging around her neck, and her vest was completely ed. Still, with her hair already combed and her makeup on, she looked intimidating, if not for the pout on her lips.

“I said what I said” I challenged and then smiled at Seulgi when she came into the kitchen right after Byul.

“You’re already arguing early in the morning” she mumbled, looking equally intimidating as her sister with her white blouse and black power skirt. She made her way towards the sink to pour herself a mug of coffee.

Byul and Seulgi are already adults. Well, Byul’s already old as I’d like to . Both of them are already in their full bloom. Jihye is still in her teens. Her cute side is still there but I could see how she’d turn out to be a beautiful woman like her two sisters. Like their Mom. Hana is just full out adorable. These four could break as many hearts as they want to.

Byul already did it to me once and I’ll kill her if she’ll do it again.

“That’s how married couples are,” Mr. Moon said while Byul and I disagreed right away.

“No… That’s just how we are” Byul said as she fixed us some coffee, kissing my cheek when she passed by me. “Thank you for the breakfast”

“Jihye, Hana, and I did it together”

“Hmm… I can see that”

She went to kiss her sisters’ cheek good morning before sitting on the dining table with Seulgi and her Dad.

Hana helped me set the table while I served the food we cooked. Jihye also added some toast before bringing out Hana’s heated milk and her orange juice to the table. Once everything’s done, we all gathered and sat down around the table. While eating, Mr. Moon checked on all of her daughters and asked Jihye how she’s doing with her university applications. As expected, the third Moon is gunning to be an amazing chef. The rest of breakfast was filled with light conversations and soft laughter.

“Don’t forget to visit us for lunch, okay?” Byul reminded again as we made our way to their garage.

We stopped by the entry hall right before the door leading towards the garage. Byul placed her bag down on the couch by the door and faced me. She held my waist and stepped closer to me.

I lifted her shirt collar up before I started doing her tie. “I won’t.” I rolled my eyes at her excited smile before I said, “You just couldn’t wait to show off maybe”

“I really can’t. My colleagues, slash annoying friends, can’t wait to tease me in front of you, but I’m more excited to show off my girlfriend to everyone. You’ve been the talk in the company, babe”

I folded her collar down before I proceeded to buttoning her vest. “All because of you, isn’t it?” I mumbled, unable to hide my smile when she nodded adorably like Mikey. “People will be staring then if I’ll get there”

“Yup!”

“You shouldn’t have. I get shy so easily, Mansaengie” I said, smiling when I heard her chuckling from the nickname. I straightened her vest and then tidied her coat next, nodding when I was already satisfied. “I’ll cover my face when I get there”

“You better not” she whispered, leaning forward to kiss my cheek. “I should go or else I’ll be late for work”

I walked her towards the garage but stopped a step before the garage. I stayed by the open doorway and watched Byul walk towards the car.

Seulgi came in next and gave me a side hug before entering the garage. She sat in the passenger seat of Byul’s car. Byul waved at me before she climbed inside the car. She backed the car from the garage and stopped when they were already out. She waved at me and gave me a huge grin as the garage door slid down.

“Drive safely!” I shouted and she responded by giving me a thumbs-up. I waved goodbye to Seulgi as well before I went back inside their mansion when the garage was already closed.

 

“This is so annoying. You’re so annoying, Mansaeng” I whispered under my breath, shutting the door unnecessarily loud.

The parking lot is located at the very front of Byul’s building. Theoretically, it’s so near but the parking lot is so massive. And since I arrived at a time where probably all of her employees were inside the building, I have parked their car far from the building’s entrance. I had to walk from the very end of the parking lot to get inside the building. I was also carrying the food Jihye, Hana, and I cooked for our lunch.

“I should’ve stolen her company ID this morning. What CEO needs a company ID though?” I grumbled, pouting as I covered my eyes from the bright sun.

It probably took me almost a minute, probably more, to reach her building’s entrance. With the shadow of the building shielding me from the warm sun, it feels way cooler already. I smiled at the two guards standing by the entrance and bowed to them when I was already standing in front of them.

“Good afternoon” I greeted them with a warm smile that wavered when their eyes assessed me from head to toe.

The two of them instantly moved to block the building’s entrance from me, which is totally understandable, but Byul said guards would direct their guests to the reception desk. They’re blocking me to the reception area.

“Good afternoon, miss. Anything we can help you with?”

It’s weird but I still smiled at them and said, “I’m here to see Byul—”

The guard closest to me shook his head in disapproval and stood in front of me.

I’m wearing heels. But even with that, he stood way taller than me with or without the help of my footwear. I tentatively took a step back before I stood on my ground and met the guard’s gaze. I might be tiny but I don’t get scared so easily.

“I’m here to see Byul” I said again.

“They’re having different tactics now…” the second guard closest to the door said, making me furrow my eyebrows from confusion.

“The president is not seeing other women anymore. Please direct yourself away from the building, mam” the guard in front of me said, piquing my interest and making me raise an eyebrow.

“Has Byul invited women into this building before?”

The guards studied my face first before he said, “Isn’t that what you’re here for?”

“She has stopped now?” I pried some more.

“She has stopped a long time ago”

“The president has a girlfriend now. She doesn’t like non-employees, clients not related to the business, and especially women attempting to flirt with her inside the building” the guard at the back added.

“Or even near the building” the guard in front of me said while I smiled and nodded my head in approval.

“When was the last time she had a guest over?”

“That was a long time ago already. Almost cost us our job”—the guard pointed at himself and at the other guard—“because we let someone in”

“Her sleeping habits…” I treaded carefully. “She does that inside the company?” I asked, taking advantage of how talkative these guards were. “Did the deed there too?”

“And a small house nearby”

“I heard that she already sold it last year” the guard at the back said. “Didn’t want to do with it anymore”

“Her Mom would be proud” the guard in front of me said, his grumpy face now adorned with a small smile.

That smile instantly went away when he narrowed his gaze at me. I returned it with a smirk and a soft giggle. He shook his head disapprovingly and pointed away from the building.

“That won’t work on me, mam.” He patted his chest proudly and said, “This man here is loyal to my wife.” Then he pointed at the guard behind him and said, “This one’s a little bit questionable but I won’t discourage him to betray his woman”

“Hey!” the guard at the back protested and smacked the back of the other guard, making me laugh at them. “Don’t you dare say that! This man’s more loyal than you”

“Loyal to your wife and three girlfriends?”

A harder smack appeared next while the guard just laughed it off.

I was rather entertained by them. It took out how I was so annoyed earlier with how far I walked from the parking lot to the building entrance.

“Just kidding.” The guard turned to me again and said, “I’m afraid I’ll have to ask you to leave, mam”

“Give me a second”

I grabbed my phone from my bag and dialed Byul’s number. I smiled at the guard who was eyeing me curiously before I focused on the ringing on Byul’s end.

“You’re here already?!” she asked, clearly excited.

“I am but the guards aren’t letting me in”

“That doesn’t work on me, mam. Please take your leave” the guard suddenly said, assuming that I was faking a call.

“Did you hear that?” I asked Byul. “They’re not letting me in”

“I’ll come and get you. Wait for me”

“They said that the president is not seeing any other woman anymore”

“!” Byul shouted over her end and I could practically hear her shoes tapping on the floor.

“I didn’t know you bought a house near your—” I pulled the phone away from my ear to check our call when I heard a beep. “Did she just hang up on me?” I whispered to myself, pouting at my phone already.

I shrugged at my phone and placed it back in my bag before I turned to the guards in front of me. “Tell me more. How many have come here over the week when Byul was still seeing them?”

The guard glared at me now and didn’t give away answers right away like before. His eyes studied me from head to toe before staring hard at me. “Are you a reporter? Are you planning to damage our president’s image?” he asked, voice hardening.

I took a step back and felt like I was shrinking as he took a step towards me. “No. I’m really here to see Byul” I answered, my voice inching towards a whisper.

“You really wouldn’t stop prying on people’s lives, wouldn’t you?”

“Stop!”

Byul suddenly appeared in between me and the guard, startling us both. Her arms were raised on either side of her while she looked at me, panicking, worrying, and probably even scared of me. Her chest moved with every lungful of breath she took.

“Whatever he said to you, that’s not true” she hurriedly said, eyes widening, definitely in panic, worried, and scared for herself. “That’s not true! None of that is true! Or at least not anymore…” Her voice softened while a frown turned her lips down.

A smirk appeared on my face while she slightly pouted at me.

“Babe…”

“You really bought a house near the building?” I looked over the street and acted like I was looking for it before I turned to Byul, surprised to see her kneeling in front of me now. “Are you proposing?” I asked sarcastically.

She pressed her palms together in front of her chest, her eyes looking at me desperately. “I’m begging you, Jin” she whispered softly.

I noticed her employees from inside the building looking at us and my eyes instantly widened. I held Byul’s arm and pulled her to stand up. “Stand up already. You’re making a scene, Byul. Don’t embarrass yourself in front of your employees”

Reluctantly, she stood up and held my waist. “You believe me, right?”

“Yes” I said while dusting her pants clean. I sighed heavily and looked at her, rolling my eyes when she’s happily smiling. “Can we just get inside?”

She carried my bag and the bag that held our lunch before she held my hand. “Let me deal with these guards first,” she whispered, standing beside me and looking at the guards.

“What are you going to do?” I asked, not liking the sound of this already.

“Firing them,” Byul said nonchalantly.

I turned towards the guards and saw them vis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter