Chapter Fifteen

Lock Me Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Corporation’s Byulyi Moon’s Mother Passed Away

On the night of the fifteenth of June, Moon Corporation’s President, Byulyi Moon, made a public statement of her mother’s passing. The Moon Corp. President said that Boram Moon, her mother, has been silently battling a brain tumor for the last two years. They’ve been all over the world to consult with several experts to remove the tumor. The Moon Corp. President also added that her mother has already undergone two successful removal surgeries, but unfortunately, the effects of the tumor still persist even after the total removal of the tumor. The family was already aware of Boram Moon’s limited time and had been preparing for her passing. The Moon family will be holding a private funeral. The family wishes for the people to respect their family, relatives, and friends at the time of their grieving.

 

(no subject)
Moon Star {[email protected]}
to me


 

(no subject)
Hye Jin {[email protected]}
to Moon Star

Do you want me there? Should I fly there?

 

(no subject)
Moon Star {[email protected]}
to me

Please…

 

(no subject)
Hye Jin {[email protected]}
to Moon Star

Okay. I’ll be there.
I'll book the earliest flight I can find.

 

(no subject)
Moon Star {[email protected]}
to me

I already contacted Yong. You can go with them.
I’ll pick you up. I’ll see you soon.

 

(no subject)
Hye Jin {[email protected]}
to Moon Star

Okay. I’ll see you soon too.

 

(no subject)
Moon Star {[email protected]}
to me

Thank you for coming here, Jin. I really need you now.

 

(no subject)
Hye Jin {[email protected]}
to Moon Star

I’m always here for you, Byul.

 

The flight attendant woke me up and told me that we had already landed in New York. I sighed heavily and lifted the shade beside me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes for a few seconds before rubbing my palms on my face. I breathed deeply and looked outside the window.

I blinked my eyes a couple of times and allowed them to adjust from the sudden brightness. There’s definitely way more planes flying out and landing on the airport now. The Kim’s private jet, on the other hand, was already on the ground, moving slowly as we headed to their private hangar.

I can’t believe I’m already in New York.

This would have been different if I was here for a different reason.

I couldn’t believe that my first meeting with Mrs. Moon was also the last one. I held my breath, closed my eyes, and furrowed my brows, concentrating on not crying. I’m here for Byul. I will be strong for Byul.

Looking back, everything makes sense now. Mrs. Moon’s eagerness to see me. How Mr. Moon and Byul were so careful with her. How they always tend to her with utmost care. How they were also strict with her. How Byul got extremely busy for the last couple of months. How she couldn’t focus and think properly. How she demanded for me to wait for a year.

Everything of those finally made sense now.

If I'd known about it, I wouldn’t have stressed her out. I wouldn’t demand her to give me answers. I would’ve been more understanding. I would be able to give her strength, make her lean on me, but she chose to hide it and I respect that.

I will just uphold the promise I gave to Byul’s mother.

“Jinnie…”

I turned around and saw Mikey staring right back at me. He’s holding his favorite bumblebee toy while wearing a cute pair of his jammies. I looked around to look for his mommies. I saw Wheein watching over him and letting him be but staying close by.

I pouted at him and playfully narrowed my eyes, making him softly giggle. “What are you doing here, Mikey?”

He pointed at the window and then moved closer to me. “Mike… Mike… Up!”

I patted my lap and asked, “Do you want to sit on Auntie Jinnie’s lap? Do you want to see what’s outside?”

He blinked at me a couple of times, looking so clueless while still pouting outside. After a couple of seconds, he nodded once and whispered, “Yes…”

I smiled at him and brushed back his hair. I kissed his head and then lifted him so he could sit on my lap. I made him lean his back on me before I nuzzled my nose on his hair and kissed his head.

“Mikey smells so good.” I peeked over his face and asked, “Is this okay, Mikey?”

He nodded his head once and said, “Okay”

I hugged him close to me as we watched the outside. I would occasionally drop kisses on his head. He’d give me a kiss too and sometimes asked me to kiss his bumblebee. Wheein and Yong really raised this baby as sweet and affectionate.

“Oh, we’re here already, Mikey” I whispered to him when I saw the jet turning and heading to the hangar.

“Already?” he asked, voice sounding so adorable that it’s impossible to keep a straight face.

“Yeah…” I whispered with a soft laugh. “Go to your Mom first, okay? Auntie Jinnie has to go to the comfort room to pee”

“Mom?” he asked, turning around to look for Wheein.

When he found her Mom, Wheein stepped closer to us while Mikey pointed at his Mom.

“Mom…” He turned to me and said, “Mom”

“That’s right. Stay with Mom first because Jinnie has to pee” I whispered while Mikey’s eyes bounced to mine and my lips, unable to keep up with what I was saying. I placed my hand on his chest and said, “Mikey…” I motioned for Wheein to come closer and then placed my hand on her arm. “Stay with Mom…” Then I pointed at myself next and said, “Jinnie pee”

He pouted at me and shook his head in protest. “No… Stay. Mikey stay…”

Wheein interjected and stepped in this time. “It’s okay. Let me handle him” Wheein said to me.

She lifted Mikey from my lap while his son whined at his Mom. Wheein showered kisses on Mikey’s cheek and walked back to where she was staying with Yong. “Mommy wants to see Mikey. Let’s go to Mommy now…” Wheein said to Mikey, still kissing his cheek while I could hear Mikey faintly whining.

I removed my seatbelt first and headed to the back of the plane. I locked myself in the comfort room to do my business. Then I washed my hands first before washing my face to wake myself. I could already tell that my body wants to lie down on something soft and then go to sleep. I now have to be the one adjusting on the time now.

I ran more water on my face, careful not to wet my shirt and hair. I dried my face with some tissue while my messy hair caught my attention. I fixed my hair and brushed it using my fingers just to get rid of its bed-hair state. Then I headed out of the comfort room.

The plane had already stopped moving and I could see that the door was already open. Wheein, Yong, and Mikey were already out of the plane by the time I was back in the cabin.

I rushed to my seat and grabbed my bag. I greeted the flight attendants with us and thanked them before I turned to the pilot and co-pilot. I thanked them as well before I headed to the door to get off the floor.

From a distance, I could see more than ten black cars parked in the hangar. My mouth unintentionally hung open from the amount of security guards accompanying us. Wheein told me there were more than ten cars when Yong brought her here. I think they’ve dialed it down even though both Byul and Yong are here. I’m glad they dialed it down because I might panic like Wheein too.

“Jin?”

I tore my eyes away from the cars and found Byul waiting at the end of the stairs. I forcefully closed my mouth and gulped hard, making her smile a little.

“Our fathers sent them. Wheein was scared of them the first time she was here so I convinced them not to send many”

“Not many?” I whispered to myself, my eyes widening as I looked at the black cars lined up in the airport. “Why is this not many?” I whispered, my eyes nervously bouncing at every single car I could see in the hangar.

“Does it scare you, babe?”

“No” I denied immediately, lying while shaking my head too hard.

I met Byul’s gaze again and was glad to see a full smile on her face now. I wasn’t trying to make her laugh or smile. I wasn’t trying anything. I was just nervous. This scares the hell out of me. The five bodyguards Byul and Yong had for me weren’t as much as I thought. This is too much.

“You’re bad at lying, Jin”

I gulped hard again before I whispered, “Sorry…”

“It’s fine.” She reached her hand towards me as she said, “Come here”

I ran my tongue on my lips, wetting them, as I climbed down the stairs in shaky legs. I held Byul’s hand the moment I could reach for it while she helped me down. When I reached the ground already, our arms automatically went around each other. Mine went around her neck while she held me tightly around my waist. She nestled her face on my neck while I snuggled mine to her hair.

“Thank you for coming here” she whispered on my neck.

“I’m always here for you, Byul. I’m not going away”

We pulled back at the same time before leaning forward for a kiss, our lips unmoving. Just connected. She reached to kiss my cheek while I kissed her forehead before our foreheads connected. We held each other close while our breathing synchronized.

“Can you stay close to me, Jin? It’s really difficult—”

She wasn’t able to finish when her voice cracked.

“Shh… It’s okay”

I cupped her cheeks and brought her gaze to me. She had her eyes closed so I kissed in between her brows until she finally opened them. I brought her gaze to mine and stared at her intently.

“I’m here for you” I whispered carefully. “Tell me what you want and I’ll give it to you. But we’re in New York. I don’t know a thing here, but I’ll figure things out.” I stopped rambling when I saw the smile on her face. There’s the smile I wanted to see on her face. “I’m here for you” I said again.

She tightly wrapped her arms around my waist and pulled me to her. She pressed our lips together in a deep kiss before she whispered, “You’re the best, Jin”

I cupped her cheek, caressing my thumb tenderly on her cheek, as I smiled and nodded at her, hoping to  comfort and reassure her.

“I’m staying in our house right now and not in my condo. You’ll stay with us. My sisters knew you’re coming and they want to meet you”

“I want to meet them too”

She sighed heavily as she closed her eyes and rested her forehead on my shoulder. “I wish I can introduce you to them in different circumstances”

I pressed a kiss on the side of her head before I snuggled my face on her hair again. “Me too…” I whispered softly.

“Kiss! Kiss! Bee kiss!”

“…” Byul whispered under her breath and immediately pulled back, eyes panicking as she stared at me. “I forgot they were here,” she whispered, her eyes widening. She chewed on her bottom lip, eyes nervously bouncing on either one of mine. “I’m sorry. …”

“It’s fine… It’s fine, Byul. They knew way too much at this point. Leave them be”

And to prove my point, I pulled her face close to me and smacked loud kisses on her frowning lips.

We finally let go of each other when Mikey ran to us and raised his toy close to us. The Kim heir wanted us to kiss his toy, so we both leaned down and kissed his toy. He asked to be kissed as well and so we kissed him too. Then he became a giggling baby as he ran back to his mommies.

Byul and I faced the Kims again while Yong carried Mikey in her arms. I reached for Byul’s hand and held it but she flinched and hid her hand behind her back. She frowned at me while I just stared at her and gave her a questioning look. Her frown turned into a pout while slowly lacing her arm around my waist.

“This is so weird…” she whispered, but was pulling me to stand in front of her until I was covering half of her body. She dropped a kiss on where my tattoo is and on my shoulder. “This is so weird, babe. So weird…”

I placed my hand on top of hers while she carried my bag for me. “We’re fine…”

“Right…” She breathed deeply and cleared , making me glance at her. “Hyejin’s staying at our place. Again, Yong, Wheein, and Mikey—”

“Mikey!” Mikey shrieked and clapped his hands upon hearing his name, making us softly chuckle at him.

I smiled at Byul and felt relieved that I could still see her smiling over the smallest things. But I know deep down, she’s hurting after losing her Mom. And I’m here to hold her and keep her together until she would be able to stand up on her own.

“Yes, Mikey” Byul whispered with a soft laugh. “Thank you for coming here. My family appreciates it so much”

“We’re always here for you, Byul,” Wheein responded with a firm nod.

“Call us if you need anything. You too, Hyej. We’re here to help however we can” Yong said before turning to Mikey. “Mikey too. Right, love?”

Mikey nodded but most of his attention was already on his bumblebee, flying it like his robot is the Superman.

“Perfect…” Yong whispered before giving Mikey a kiss on his cheek. “We’ll see you at the funeral service”

“We’ll see you there. Thank you” Byul said, nodding at the Kims while I did the same too.

We exchanged our goodbyes and waved at each other before heading to the black cars.

All the security guards bowed at us when they saw us coming. Guards guided us to which car we should be getting in. The Kims were all in one car while we headed to the car behind them. Drivers greeted us and opened our door.

I was bowing at them too every time someone approached and talked to us. I thanked our driver before climbing in. Byul followed me next and asked to be held once we’re settled inside. I opened my arms and she leaned into me right away while I held her close to me.

Byul suddenly pulled back and looked at me with a tiny pout that made me smile. “Have I told you that I’m really glad you’re here?” she whispered in all innocence.

“I think so… You kind of did”

She sat up so we’d be eye level and said, “Then let me say it to you then. I’m really glad you’re here, Jin.” She cupped my cheek and leaned forward to kiss me softly. “I’m so glad you’re here”

She cuddled back to me once again and rested her head on my shoulder. I tilted my head to lean my cheek on her head, hearing her sigh.

“I’m here for you” I whispered to her once again.

 

Byul told me ahead of time that she’d have to go back to the funeral service to help her father. She told me to settle into her room, unpack my things, and take a rest after the long hours of flight. She gave me a phone that I could use in New York and to call Wheein after the nap. She gave a quick tour of their house, also known as mansion, before she hurriedly went back to the funeral service.

Their mansion is just in the same village as the Kim's mansion. It’s also just as big as the Kim’s too. There’s a large tea room and dining hall for several functions. The numerous guest rooms if they have their relatives over. The individual room that’s as big as my connected living room, dining area, and kitchen.

To someone who’s so used to living in a small space, it felt like a maze to me.

I surveyed Byul’s room immediately. I was honestly excited to see her private space but there’s nothing but her clothes and shoes here. I forgot that she has been living in her condo for four years already.

I unpacked my clothes and changed as well before I headed to her bed. Her bed smells like her and that helped me doze off as soon as I hit the pillow.

After my nap, I called Wheein right away and asked if we could head to the funeral service. She said that she’ll just pick me up here then we’ll head there together. I took a quick shower just to freshen myself up and changed into a simple black short-sleeve dress and tied my hair neatly. I carried a small purse with me then headed at the mansion’s entrance to wait for Wheein.

The problem is saying that I’ll head to the mansion’s entrance is far easier than actually doing it. Again, the mansion is a maze to me. If it weren’t to the maids that Byul introduced me to earlier, it might take me almost an hour to figure my way out.

“Hey…” Wheein greeted as soon as she saw me climbing down the stairs. “How’s it so far?” she asked, jutting her chin towards the mansion.

I opened the door and was surprised to hear cute murmurs at the back. I peeked on the side of the seat and smiled at Mikey who’s playing with his toys. “Mikey…” I whispered and waved at him to grab his attention. “Hello…”

He only spared me a glance before going back to his bumblebee and puppy.

“I guess you’d rather play with your toys then” I mumbled, hearing Wheein laughing softly beside me. I sat straight again and fastened my seatbelt. “Sorry. What was it you were asking me?”

Wheein pulled the car out of the driveway as she asked, “How’s your stay so far?”

“It’s exactly like Yong’s mansion. It’s a freaking maze, Wheein. You and Mikey would’ve waited longer if not for the housemaid that helped me”

She chuckled softly as she nodded and said, “You’ll get used to it”

“I don’t think so…”

“Aren’t you two together already?” she asked. This is probably the third time she asked me this. The first one in Yong’s office. The second one was on our flight here.

“No, we aren’t”

She scoffed so loud and pouted hard at the road in front of us. “If you want to hide it for now, you can just say so and I wouldn't ask this question again. Just say so” she whined while I softly giggled.

“But I’m telling the truth though…”

She scoffed again while I laughed louder this time.

I peeked over Mikey and saw that he had his lips parted while her eyes met mine, probably wondering why I was laughing so hard. “Mikey… Your Mom won’t believe me”

“Mom?” he asked.

“No, I would never” Wheein mumbled beside me, making me giggle again.

The first few minutes of our ride was all light. I could even laugh. Wheein could even whine and pout. Mikey’s just being the adorable baby boy that he is in the backseat. But as we got closer, we slowly calmed down until we went silent. Only Mikey was mumbling, saying random words, making whooshing sounds with his toys, and talking with them.

“Should we bow?” I asked Wheein out of pure nervousness.

“Should we?” Wheein asked me back.

“I think we should even though they all wouldn’t”

“Yeah, we should”

And with that, I could easily say that we’re both nervous.

I took a deep breath and gulped hard when I saw so many cars parked outside. Security lined up the place to prevent the media from getting closer to the funeral service. Every car that passes by would be rained with flashed from the camera and I was worried for Mikey. Wheein and I have slowly gotten used to this many people trying to take pictures of us. But Mikey is just an innocent baby.

“Should I go get Mikey? I don’t know… hide him from the flashes?” I asked Wheein, definitely worried while our eyes scanned the crowd of media as we got closer to them.

“Yeah… Maybe sit him on your lap and try to distract him. I’ll stop the car first”

I removed my seatbelt and reached on the backseat to get Mikey. The Kim heir found my struggles in lifting him from his carseat funny. He abandoned his toys and decided that I’d be his toy. He threw his bumblebee and puppy on the side and chose to squish my cheeks instead.

“Come here, baby” I grunted, lifting him off from his carseat while Wheein assisted me on my way back to sit. “Sit on Jinnie’s lap”

“Jinnie! Jinnie!” Mikey exclaimed while squealing and waving his arms all over the place. He saw his Mom on the driver seat and positioned his arms as if he’s driving too. “Vroom! Vroom!” He made a lot of engine sounds while Wheein and I just went along as we drove past the media.

We just kept on distracting Mikey all the way until Wheein parked the car. Wheein went out of the car first before rounding the car to get to the passenger seat. She opened my door and lifted Mikey off my lap. She went to the backseat to get his toy and baby bag while I climbed out of the car.

She placed Mikey down and held his hand as we walked to get inside the building. Wheein was the only person I knew here so I stayed close to her and Mikey. However, it seemed like everyone recognized me. They stared at me longer than they glanced at Mikey. Naturally, people should be more interested in the Kim heir than Kim Yongsun’s EA.

The moment we entered the room, I couldn’t move by the door as I saw the brown casket right at the very front and center of the room. Hearing the news and seeing Byul’s s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter