Chapter 6

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol started his day with a big smile on his face.

He felt energetic and positive, and he didn't even curse at his alarm as he always does when it rings in the morning.

On top of that, there was less traffic on his way despite being it a Monday morning. Altogether he felt really really good.

But he felt something bothering him as his car neared his company.

Suddenly a wave of uneasiness was felt and he got worried if something bad happened at the company.

Chanyeol half-ran inside the company and he knew something is definitely not right by the way he saw Minseok running out of the lift while calling someone urgently. The call was connected to him and before he can do anything with it, they saw each other.
Minseok literally ran towards him with a worried face.

"What happened?"

"All our data are gone"


Chanyeol stood silent as he grasped what his secretary just said,
" what do you mean minseok"

" This morning when our team tried to log into our system it was showing some codes running on it and so soon we called our professional IT team and then we succeed in logging in, but..."
Minseok stopped as he was afraid to say the rest of the things to his CEO, he knows how furious the other will turn into right after hearing it.

"Say the rest Minseok" Chanyeol's voice was loud enough for the people on that entire floor to hear.

" Everything we did for the last month is lost. It's like a completely new system. The demo we made is lost and actually nothing, absolutely nothing is left now"

Chanyeol's blood boiled as heard it full. They all had to spend a number of sleepless stressful days and nights to come with that demo and it all vanished just like that. No, whoever messed with him will never see sunlight again.

He is furious but right now finding the culprit should be his focus.


"Follow me," Chanyeol said to Minseok as they walked towards the lift. He has to ask the team members first if they have any idea about who it will be. 

And that is the main problem here.
No one other than their team can enter the programme room. The doors are password and fingerprint protected. From his side, only he, Minseok and his four team members are allowed to enter. Not even Luhan has the key to it. And from Baekhyun 's side, he, and his team members are the only ones. Even Kyungsoo has to enter with Baekhyun and is not alone. He has full confidence in their security systems, so it has to be work from the inside.
God... That won't end up well for sure.

"Baekhyun is here?" Chanyeol hopes he doesn't have to explain this all to him by himself.

"Yeah, his team immediately called him and he was already near the company by that time."

" Did he say anything? How was his reaction?"

"Same as yours, haven't said anything"
At that Chanyeol turned to Minseok and gave a nod as they both went out of the lift.


The tension inside the room was heavy. No one knew what to say and how to approach this issue. Baekhyun is rubbing his forehead as Kyungsoo stood near him in fear of what is going to happen next. He hopes the culprit won't be anyone among both of their team. If it is, then this won't end well.

Everyone's eyes are now directly looking at Chanyeol, they all are worried about his reaction. This is not a simple issue, everything they had is lost. To recreate everything like before is not impossible, but it is really hard. And more than the fact that they lost it, the main thing to focus on now is WHO did it.

" Who came in first today?" Chanyeol asked and he sounded authoritative.

One of them from his team moved forward.
" I did Mr Park."
She said confidently in spite of the situation being nerve-wracking.

" Can you explain what really happened Ms Choi?" Chanyeol too tried to remain calm and listen to her well.

After listening to each one of them, Chanyeol and Baekhyun are more confused.

They all have given genuine replies to all their questions and their answers were satisfactory.

Chanyeol is totally confident about his team.

They all have been working for this company for years and he is sure that it's not the four. Then the only person left on his side is Minseok and he believes in that man more than himself.

So what is left is Baekhyun's team. No one is suspicious yet, but still, he doesn't know any of them that well. After his talk with the security team, he is sure that it's definitely will be one from Baekhyun's team. But he can't really say that to him.

But it wasn't hard for Baekhyun to understand what was going through Chanyeol's mind.

" It's not my team, I am sure about that," he said sternly.

He looked confident as he stood right in front of Chanyeol as he defended his team.

But it only slightly irritated Chanyeol. Is he insisting that his team is at fault then?

"How can you be so sure?  It can be done by one from your side. " Chanyeol doesn't want to sound aggressive but his voice was strong and loud.

It made the atmosphere inside the room so tense and the two teams began to look at each other with suspicion. For the first time, they acted like two rival groups.

Sensing the change in the situation Minseok came between them.
" Let's have this talk in private, please".
He then looked at Baekhyun, who had a not-so-appreciating look because of the way Chanyeol accused his team members.
And Chanyeol wasn't in a good mood too, how can he when Baekhyun is defending his team when it could be his team the culprits?

But both of them right away agreed to what Minseok said.

They don't want to make their team more uncomfortable.

" To my office," Chanyeol said and he turned and left without giving a glance at anyone.
 

"You can't accuse my team without any evidence," Baekhyun said as he entered Chanyeol's office room.
Both had a staring competition until Luhan, Kyungsoo and Minseok also entered the room.
Ignoring Baekhyun's words Chanyeol turned to Luhan.

" What's their say on this?"
A professional team was looking into their security system under the supervision of Luhan while they were questioning their team members.

Luhan sighed as he replied -" they are hundred per cent sure that it's someone from the inside. No error was found. The security system worked perfectly until now. There is no issue with it."
Luhan glanced at the two CEOs, both were getting ready to accuse the opposite team.

"See, you heard what he said. It's someone from the inside." Chanyeol stressed each word as he angrily looked at Baekhyun.

Gone are the lovely stares they exchanged the last few weeks.

" I heard what he said, Mr Park. But that doesn't mean it's someone from my side. It can be someone from your side too."

Baekhyun was not ready to back off. He is their leader and it's his responsibility to protect them. This is a dream project for each of them and he has seen how genuinely they were working hard for its success. How can he doubt any one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter