Chapter 13

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun took a small step forward as his eyes looked straight at his mother on the opposite side.

His heart beats fast as he tried to decipher her emotions through his mother's eyes. It's the confusion that he sees in it, she definitely does not recognise him.

Chanyeol stayed at the same place but eyed Baekhyun's mother with caution.

He is quite sure that she has no idea about anyone in that room, but on the good side, she is not afraid of them too.

She just looks confused, probably not understanding why some random people will evade her place at this hour, on top of it, they all seem really emotional.

She might have really lost her memories because the adult Baekhyun looks just a mature version of little Baekhyun.
 

 

As they all predicted, Sehee in fact confused. She is curiously glancing at each of them for an answer, it definitely feels like they all know her.

But she feels disappointed as she can't recall anyone of them.

But--- why a certain young man is walking towards her? And why does she feels like her heart is wrenching as she looks at the tears on that man's face?

Does she know him?

On each step towards her, Baekhyun watches her expression carefully, any negative response from her and he will step back.

He doesn't want to trigger any of her memories.
 

He slowly reached near her and cautiously sat on the bed. Surprisingly she was welcoming.

Baekhyun now can see her face clearly, of course, his mother has aged, with some visible wrinkles and dark circles on her face, but she is still beautiful.

Finding some courage to break the silence in that room Baekhyun slowly opened his mouth,

"Do you know who- who I am?"
His words cracked in between, making his nervousness visible.

His mom silently tilted her head in doubt, 'why I do feel like I know him?'

Her eyes wandered across Baekhyun's face trying to recall that face anywhere in her hidden memories, but sadly she can't.

But her heart pained seeing the endless stream of tears flowing from the eyes of the boy infront of him. 'Is he crying for me? Who am I to him?'

Baekhyun understood even though his mother didn't say anything, and he can't help but feel really sad about it.
He kept on wiping the tears on his face, but it was not stopping...

And that is when Sehee's eyes got locked on to something, making her head and heart hurt.


That fingers...

Baekhyun slightly jumped in surprise as his mother's cold fingers touched his thumb.
'why did she look so shaken?'

Everyone got alert, Chanyeol stepping forward and getting ready to stop any kind of attack, after all, they don't know in what condition she is in now.

But seeing her calm face no one went close to them. Chanyeol's father stood at the back with a silent prayer, hoping for a miracle, hoping for the son and mother to find each other again.

And the same time the cops who accompanied them, which also include some high officials are now questioning Ji won and they were able to find a burner phone in her room. They will be able to get all details from it soon.
Though she hasn't spoken much, the cops already have enough evidence to arrest her and file for an arrest warrant against Mr Byun and his secretary.


It's been a few minutes since Sehee has been fondly looking at the mole on Baekhyun's thumb. Then they were all got surprised in seeing a small smile blooming on her face.
Baekhyun was really curious to know what she suddenly find interesting in her finger and what made her smile too. But he decide to not ask her because he was way too enjoying that moment. His mother's fingers on his feel so unreal making him tingle a bit. And also with that smile on her, she really really looks beautiful.


But then everyone gasped as they heard her slightly audible voice.
Baekhyun's breath hitched as he try to register in his brain what his mother just said.
He looked up at her, meeting her anticipating eyes.

Seeing the person infront of her not saying anything, she repeated her question while tears slowly formed in her eyes.

"Are you my-- my so--son?"

Baekhyun yanked forward to embrace her as everyone else literally tried to control their tears. Chanyeol can't believe what just happened and he and his father had their mouth closed by their hands. Minseok hugged Luhan as he literally can't take his emotions under control.


Baekhyun nodded his head with as much as strength he can, and he gently spoke into her shoulder, " I am your son, mama. I am your hyunnie"

His mother felt something strongly striking her. All these years never once she was able to remember her son's name. All she had was that dream of her kissing a little boy's thumb and she had a feeling that it was her son's.

Even though Baekhyun's fingers are bigger than what she had dreamed, she identified them as soon as his eyes saw them.
And now the name 'hyunnie', she feels like that name is something already craved in her heart.


Now everything slowly was making sense to her,           

Her son finally found her.

With shivering hands, she returned the hug by slowly embracing her boy. Baekhyun tightened his hug and he lost control and started crying into her shoulder.
Baekhyun's mother also joined him, crying and hugging him as tight as Baekhyun does. As if she wanted to prove that it wasn't another dream.

Others except Chanyeol left the room, overwhelmed with the reunion of a son and mother after so many years.

They are really happy too, though it does feel like she has lost memories, somehow she was able to recognise her son.

"Luhan,"
Chanyeol's father turned to Luhan and Minseok.

"You both should return to Seoul and make sure the VIP room at our hospital is ready for Baekhyun's mother. And tight security should be appointed outside the room and the hospital. We will take her there now itself"

Luhan and Minseok then soon left for Seoul and they also saw the cops taking Ji won

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter