chapter 3

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day after the signing of the deal, Baekhyun, his secretary and his 4 member team reached the park's company as per the time informed by Minseok.
Baekhyun and Chanyeol haven't talked after their not so good talk at the parking lot. Even during the contract signing, they didn't mind each other.

Every needed talk happened between Kyungsoo and Minseok, they both luckily work fine together.
As they waited in the lobby, Minseok approached them with a happy smile.
Baekhyun is still not really fond of Minseok, and that is simply because of his closeness with Chanyeol. Call him jealous or anything, he doesn’t care. The truth is he doesn’t like how close they are.
So, when he approached them he only replied with a single nod.

"Hello, welcome Mr Byun, and also your entire team, we are really happy to collaborate with you all. And we hope we will complete this project at the right time. So please be comfortable and treat this place like yours." Minseok tried to sound friendly and made sure his team members are really comfortable. After all, it won't be an easy job for them to change their working atmosphere all of a sudden.

Though his team members and Kyungsoo gave a smile back at him, Baekhyun only responded with a nod again.
There was a fall in Minseok's smile for a moment before he placed back his smile.

"Now please follow Sooyoung , she will show you the office and our working area," Minseok said as he pointed towards the lady standing beside him. Sooyoung is Chanyeol's other secretary whom he appointed during Minseok's pregnancy time. She still manages Chanyeol's schedule and Minseok is only taking care of things related to this new project for now.

"Well, I want to meet your Chairman first. You know that is how it should go. Then I will go to our office." Baekhyun replied as he motioned his team members to follow the lady.

Minseok nodded his head to that and motioned Baekhyun to follow him. Baekhyun followed him along with Kyungsoo who tried to imagine how the Park's chairman will be. Their chairman, who is Baekhyun's father, is a scary person. Kyungsoo still has no courage to go near him alone.
But somehow Minseok seems relaxed and Kyungsoo observed how other workers were watching them. While having a talk with their team members before coming to this company, everyone had shared their fear about how they will be an outcast here and how badly they might be treated. But it doesn't seem so.
All are bowing at them with respect, and till now he feels really good.

They stopped when they reached in front of the chairman's office and then minseok turned towards them.
"Let me just go and check if our Chairman is free. Please wait here." Minseok said as he pointed to some chairs in front of the office.

Instead of sitting and waiting, they decided to just stand and observe the company, and that was when Baekhyun saw a familiar face passing by. It took a few seconds for him to recollect that person from his memory.

Luhan also saw Baekhyun staring at him but he got who he is immediate.

He was expecting to see him anyway. He hesitated for a moment before deciding to go near him.

Baekhyun will be here for a few months, so ignoring him right now won't do any benefit to him.

As Luhan started walking towards him, Baekhyun remembered him totally. He has talked to him a lot whenever Chanyeol called his cousin brother in the US. Luhan has even visited them once in London. They have even gone on a trip during his visit there.

He suddenly doesn’t know how to act since he has no idea about how the other feels about him. Will he bombard him with questions or it will be outright anger.

But nothing like that happened.

Luhan approached him with a smile and he felt like it was a genuine one.

" Mm, I don't know if you remember me, I am Luhan." He extended his arm for a handshake, still having that smile on his face.

Baekhyun accepted his handshake with a smile too and he is somehow happy to see him again.

"Of course, I remember, how are you doing, you also work here now?"
Luhan was somehow happy to hear that because all he heard from minseok was about how cold looking Mr Byun was. So it's good that he is able to start a good conversation with him.

"I am glad that you still remember me. And, I am doing great. I am the CTO of the company, and I am a happily married person with a 4-month-old daughter."

"Oh, wow that's good to hear." Baekhyun genuinely replied. He felt really happy for his old friend.
Luhan smiled back at him and after agreeing to catch up later, Luhan left for the meeting he has to attend.
But Luhan turned around silently and watched Baekhyun getting into the chairman's cabin.
He let out a big sigh and rubbed his forehead.
This wasn't how he thought their encounter will be.

He had lots of questions to ask as he needed to know why exactly he hurt his brother that much.

He still remembers the day when Chanyeol excitedly called him to say that he finally confessed and both Baekhyun and he is boyfriends now. And he also remembers how the very next day he called him and told him that Baekhyun left without any words.

He literally had to fly to London because Chanyeol was crying hard while saying how he can't live without Baekhyun. He then stayed with Chanyeol few more days to help him to find Baekhyun.

And after realizing who Baekhyun really is and after their every hope ended about waiting for Baekhyun there, he had to accompany Chanyeol to Seoul, because he was that pathetic to be left alone.

Luhan can't forget all that so easily and when meets, having a friendly talk with Baekhyun was totally not his plan.

But, though he still hates Baekhyun for everything he did, he knows that he should think before doing anything.

For the past 5 years, he saw how Chanyeol has never once laid his eyes on another person.

His parents even tried to set him up with others but didn't look at anyone with any type of interest. What does that mean?
Luhan is not stupid to not understand why.
He saw how Chanyeol's face got a special glow after hearing that Baekhyun is back to S K.
How he kept looking at his picture in the newspaper whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter