Chapter 4

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Chanyeol, it's time for the meeting" minseok said as he entered the CEO's room and then he saw that the said CEO is staring outside through the window, seems like he is in deep thought.
Seeing that he is not responding, minseok slowly approached him and as he placed his hand on his shoulder Chanyeol suddenly came to his sense.

Minseok only smiled at his little surprised boss as he repeated his sentence from before.
"Ah, okay. Are both the teams already there?" Chanyeol replied while realizing that he was thinking too hard for not even noticing minseok before.

Sensing that something is wrong with him, minseok gave a worried look at him- " you okay? seems like something is bothering you".

Chanyeol shook his head as he sighed deeply.
Then he gave a sad smile back- "it's not something, it's someone who is bothering me" Chanyeol know he doesn't have to give a name to that someone for Minseok to understand who he is talking about.

Minseok also gave a sad smile back.
Chanyeol then asked him that question that had been bugging his mind for a long time now. " Why can't I move on; why can't I just forget him" Chanyeol's voice was shaking a bit as his eyes slowly tear up.

" You know the reason Chanyeol," minseok said in a soft voice. He knows that he doesn't have to say that answer in loud for Chanyeol to realize it. He is sure that he knows it, he definitely knows it - ' it’s because he still loves him'

Chanyeol took a shaky breath as he flopped down into his chair. " He was once my everything, minseok. Everything about him has always made me go crazy, losing him was one of the biggest fears I had back then. And now see where we are. I completely lost him, and I don't even have a justified answer to why he never even wanted to talk to me. He didn't even think that I was worth fighting for" now it was angry tears that he had in his eyes, nothing but disappointment and anger coming out of them.


Minseok sighed slowly as he thought of what to exactly say to him; actually, he had a lot of things to say. " Don't think I am taking his side, but I don't think we should blame him completely." Minseok stopped as he got a glare from his boss but he continued –

" What I meant is, talk to him. Stop blaming him without knowing the entire truth. What if he is not approaching you in fear of you rejecting him? So, talk to him, give him a chance to explain himself. I am not saying you should do that right away. He will be here for a few months and I am sure you guys will get a perfect chance to talk. And, until then please don't do anything that will make the situation worse and you know it will affect both the team and by that our project too. Also, this will be probably your last chance to take him back. I am not saying it without thinking about how he left you first, but what I am trying to say is, what if he really had a very strong reason to leave you than that stupid rivalry thing? Find the reason; ask him all your doubts. Do it for you Chanyeol, try to understand him once. And if we find out that he is not worth your time, you will be finally able to let him go too." Minseok stopped talking as he believed that his little speech will make some kind of effect on him. Most of the words he said are something that came up during his talks with Luhan about them.

Chanyeol didn't move a bit as he continued glaring at him. He was like silently thinking deeply about everything minseok just said. Minseok anticipated seeing what will be his reaction.
But, Chanyeol suddenly stood up and walked to his door and looked back with a small frown seeing Minseok is not following him.

"Are you not coming, we are already late for the meeting," he said in a cool way as if he wasn't the one having a breakdown minutes ago.
Minseok just stood there for a moment before talking to himself. "Am I a ghost to him, to who the hell did I talk until now? Did I dream all that?
He shook his head feeling annoyed 'What is he up to?'



Baekhyun and his team are waiting in the conference hall along with Chanyeol's team. Baekhyun is calm now; he almost entirely got back to his CEO role and is perfectly ready to start their project.
Both of their main team has 4 members each and so far they are really getting along.

Baekhyun silently watched Chanyeol's team of two women and two men, the same as his.
Then he turned around to see a grumpy-looking Kyungsoo behind his seat, looking like something really annoyed him.

"What happened? "
"Uh, " Kyungsoo thought for a second about whether to say to him and then decided not to. It's not important anyway.

Soon the door got opened and Chanyeol entered with Minseok while giving a pleasant smile to all, even one directed to Baekhyun. It does not only surprise Baekhyun, but also the two secretaries and the entire team.
But what made them more surprised was that Baekhyun replied with a smile, it just automatically happen even surprising Baekhyun himself.

After formally introducing each other, they started the meeting and both teams presented their ideas. But the main problem was that, while going with Park's plan, the speed is not many users likeable and with Byun’s, the app is not that easy to operate. And that was what after all, lead them to this collaboration.
They discussed and shared their ideas for more than an hour, but unfortunately, they were still lost. Both the CEOs listened to each other’s ideas well and also the ideas from the opposite team, making both of the secretaries appreciate their CEOs for their professional inside their minds. In between their conversations, Kyungsoo and Minseok even exchanged small smiles, telling each other that the project won't be a disaster as they thought it will be at the beginning.

Chanyeol feels upset and he feels useless not knowing what to exactly do to solve their issue. Minseok saw this, but he didn't know what exactly to say to his boss to boost him up. But fortunately for him, someone else also saw the CEO's dispirited face.

" Mr Park, I think we need more time to come up with a perfect plan. But, I believe we have enough time to work on it. We shouldn't rush anything, it won't do any good.

Both of our teams are highly talented and we have every needed technology here, so let's take things slowly. I am confident that we will complete this project on time, perfectly." Baekhyun even had a smile on his face as he used his soft voice. It does not just work with Chanyeol, but the entire team suddenly felt reassured.

Kyungsoo and Minseok kept their gaze straight at Chanyeol's face to see the reaction and making them surprised again, he smiled with a nod.

'Okay, so this wasn't exactly what I thought things will be. They both have multiple personalities or, one minute they will be fighting, then staring, then not to even start with the whole around them. And now, at the beginning they smiled, then turned totally into professionalism, then one is trying to uplift the other's mood as a friend. Bruh, ' minseok eyed both of them suspiciously as these thoughts went through his mind.

Soon they decided to end the meeting and asked the team members to join together and discuss things after their lunch.
The team members left first and as Baekhyun also gestured that he will leave too, minseok spoke-
" Mr Byun, if you don't mind, our Chairman has asked if you can join him for lunch today."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter