chapter 5

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a month since Baekhyun and his team started working in the Park's company, and we can say that almost all the tension they had around them at the beginning has vanished. Though a 100 per cent victory can't be said, they brought up a perfect plan for their project and both the CEOs are quite confident about making it a success. Because, rather than an app, they have brought up some incredible ideas which will be the greatest thing ever done by both companies.
So, they all are giving their full effort to this project.
Both the teams work perfectly together and they consider themselves as one team now.

No one seems to be against this collaborative work now, but- who knows what will happen later?

When comes to Baekhyun, is living his dream life now.

Working in such a peaceful environment, without any pressure from his father (though he once in a while gets a call from him to warn him about the Parks), gives him so much freedom. Moreover, he sees Chanyeol every day. He can sense that something is really changing between them.
 

They still don't talk casually, but Chanyeol does send some smiles toward him in between, mostly they are encouraging smiles, but that's enough for Baekhyun to feel warm inside him.

For the past four weeks, he has felt like he is being cared for and loved by everyone. Baekhyun is not blind to not seeing how the Parks are treating him. He is almost sure now that they all know, they definitely know.

And when that realization hit him, he felt guiltier than he used to feel for leaving Chanyeol. They all are still waiting for him, but he doesn't know if he deserves their kindness. And he has no idea if he ever will be able to open up to them or to Chanyeol specifically.
 

The other thing he is extremely happy about is about gaining a new friend. Minseok, that man is literally his best buddy now. Though they still haven't had any heart-to-heart conversations, Minseok never fails to understand Baekhyun through his actions. Whenever he feels like Baekhyun needs a break from Chanyeol's presence, he is there to rescue him. Or when he simply needs a distraction from his work, Minseok immediately gets it and will do something to cheer him up. And mostly, even though there were many times they were alone, even without Kyungsoo, he didn't once bring up his past with Chanyeol.

It's like it's not his truth to know, and he may not be recognizing it, but Baekhyun appreciates it a lot.

And, when it comes to Chanyeol, he is really optimistic these days.

Though not much progress happened between him and Baekhyun, at least they are not fighting anymore. The way they work together in peace is already a win for him.
After their lunch weeks ago, he clearly understood that his entire family is aware of their relationship. It was such a relief for him and he can't express how much lucky he feels to be a part of this amazing family.

Though they all know Baekhyun is someone who broke their son's heart once, they believe that there is still something they are not aware of behind his doings.

If Chanyeol is ready to give him another chance, they will give it too.
But the problem is he still hasn’t got a chance to talk to Baekhyun privately. Or you could say such a situation never came up.

Minseok has already said that he won't ask him anything about it, and even though Luhan tried to do it, he also said that this talk should only happen between him and Baekhyun, no one else. He agrees to it, he should be the one to know the truth first.

But it's not going to happen anytime soon, he can sense it. Baekhyun is bothered by many other things and he is not at all ready to reveal any of his secrets. It will take time and he is ready to wait too. 5 years passed, and some more time won't hurt him anyway.

But the other issue is, his secretary is nowhere near him nowadays. Minseok literally ditches him anytime as soon as Baekhyun calls him. Since he doesn't have any other work other than this project, he is often working along with Baekhyun.

It's the 4th time this week itself that Minseok having lunch with Baekhyun, he only got that opportunity once.

Though minseok is now most of the time spending his time with Baekhyun, Kyungsoo is not complaining anything about it. He even encouraged Baekhyun to talk to Minseok and befriend him too. For the last 5 years, Baekhyun had only him as a friend and he never had a friendly conversation or fun time with anyone else. So, there is no one other than him who is happy to see how they both are enjoying their time together.

Hell, even Kyungsoo is enjoying his time with them both. He feels no more pressure about this work. Last Sunday they even went out together for lunch with Minseok's daughter. The three work great together and Kyungsoo is really happy seeing Baekhyun this carefree.

But that doesn't mean he is completely happy in Park's company. He is almost on the verge of kicking someone every single day now.

Jongin is now an occasional visitor and he makes sure to annoy Kyungsoo even though it's not his ultimate intention. Their team fully knows about the young lawyer's attention towards him and though at first his glaring had stopped them from teasing him, from the time Baekhyun started smiling at them, it's of no use now. Though at first, he decided to just ignore him and mind his own business, Jongin was not making it easy for him.
He turned down his approach of asking him out by three times by now, but still, he seems adamant and Kyungsoo had to admit that he is a little impressed by it. But he has a job to do, and he doesn’t have time to play around.

Thus he finally asked Minseok to make Jongin stop his actions around others, but the after-effect of it affected him unlike he thought how it will be. Jongin didn't visit him in the last two days and he is literally shocked about the fact that he is upset about it.

So, by the end of the first month, we can say that four broken hearts and two love birds (Luhan and Minseok) are roaming around in the Park company. But the blooming friendship and the tightening of feelings in their heart is definitely a positive sign. But no one knew that whatever peace and hope they all felt now is going to be broken soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



"Why do you look so gloomy?" Chanyeol asked his cousin who barged into his office with a not-so-happy face and Chanyeol clearly knows the reason for it too.

" Your little birdie is taking away my little birdie for the fourth time this week. I am barely even seeing him nowadays." Luhan huffs out as he slumps into the chair opposite Chanyeol.

Chanyeol closes the file in front of him as he shakes his head at the childish action of his brother. He still can't understand how Luhan is feeling this attention deprived when they both have been together for more than 4 years now. But soon he smiled a little, he is sure he will act the same around Baekhyun too.

But that smile changed to a sad smile - 'will it only remain as his dream'

"Hello, to the earth, Yeol" Luhan snapped his fingers making the CEO back from his thoughts.
Luhan lifted an eyebrow asking him about what he thought, but Chanyeol rejected the question.

"You see him every single day at home in the morning and at night, Luhan. So, stop sulking and go back to your office."

" Oho seems like the CEO is a little moody too. But don't think I didn't notice that you didn't correct me about calling him ‘your little b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter