Never Give Up III

Best Absolute Perfect

"Come on!" the teacher said sharply as she pulled you along to the principle office. "Where is Bang?" you kept on thinking to yourself that Bang would show up and get you out of this mess. If the school called your mom, your life would be over!!!

"Walk faster!" the teacher hissed at you with those snake-like eyes. As you walked towards the office, you saw Bang walking in the opposite direction. "Yes!" you thought to yourself in joy as you know he would get you out of this mess, as always. Though this skipping class thing is not your idea, you are always the one who got caught instead of Bang. But he is always there for you. Except for today.

Right behind him came an image of a skinny and pretty girl in a cheerleader uniform. He was too busy talking to her to actually notice you were being dragged to the principle office right next to him. You were speechless. Everything blanked out the moment you saw him with her. "How could he do this to me?!?" you murmured under your shaking breathe as the thought of Bang abandoned you, his best friend, for a girl slapped you right at the face. It was too painful to even breathe…

You just sat there, sinking in the chair opposite with the principle while your mom was shouting and screaming at the top of her voice. You are used to being shouted at all the time at home so this wasn't a big of a deal until she started to throw pens and pens holder at you. "THAT'S IT!" you snapped at her, looking at her in the eyes, you told her that you had had enough before storming out of the office.

"Hey," Bang said softly as he stood there next to a bench waiting for you to come his way. You took your very cautious steps towards him, still hurt from what happened earlier. However you were glad that he was there, waiting for you like how he always does. "Hey ___" you heard someone called, "So is everything ok?" Yup, that was the cheerleader that Bang likes who was talking to you. "Why is she here?" you thought while faking a smile and walked towards the black car your mom parked outside the office. As you turned your back, you could feel tears forming at the corner of your eyes.

When you reached home, your mom told you that she wanted you to study in the State where your dad is working. "So it means we have to move?" you asked the most obvious questions, "So… I won't be able to see Bang… again?" Your heart sank at the thought of being separated from your best friend. "Oh Honey," your mom said sweetly, knowing that she was too overboard in school. Usually, you would expect a sharp "NO!" as an answer from yourself but what happened after today, you found yourself saying "Yes…" softly agreeing to migrate to the State with your parents.

While packing your clothes, the hot tears that you had been trying to hold back rushed down along the cold cheeks of yours. You were obviously hurt to see that Bang rather hangs out with that girl than you. Why are you so mad? You two made a promise before that when either one of you have a partner, you would still all hang out. But he broke the promise, he left without you…

However little did you know, the only reason he left the hall was to look for you when he realized that you were missing. And the only reason why he asked that girl to come along was to check for you in the ladies room. The reason why he didn't notice you walked pass him was because he was asking the girl what were the places where they haven't turn up side down in order to look for you. Finally, when you walked towards the car, he did noticed the tears at the corner of your eyes… And… it killed him. But you will never know cause Bang isn't exactly the type of guy who shows his true feelings.  

Two days after school ended, you found yourself walking in the airport with a passport and air ticket to New York, America. As you walked through the gate, you kept on glancing behind hoping to see a similar image that you had been longing to see for days but don't dare to meet. However before you left for the airport, you texted Bang and asked him to meet you at 1pm at the airport. But now, it was already 1:55pm and you already had to check in. "He didn't even come to send me off," you laughed to yourself sorrowfully hiding the massive pain you were feeling for days.

Unfortunately, if only you had turned around one last time before walking up the escalator to see Bang waving crazily and hitting on the glass door preventing him from running after you and give you a tight hug. So there he stood, watching the plane took off carrying his sister, his best friend, his first true love…